Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ShayneT Comments: Listen - 11/15/11 11:11 PM
I wrote this after reading a thread where people were commenting about Clark's hearing abilities. I hope you like it.
Posted By: AntiKryptonite Re: Comments: Listen - 11/16/11 12:14 AM
Wow, I really enjoyed this. Reading it was like looking at snapshots of his life as Clark developed and learned to fit in and do what he could to help without sacrificing his life.

I love how he went to his dad for help, and even if Jonathan couldn't shut out the noise, he could show him his love. And I love the way being with Lois drowned everything else out for him. Had to laugh when he thought about what it would take to get Lois's attention--poor guy didn't know just HOW much of her attention he'd get. laugh

Great story--thanks!
Posted By: Framework4 Re: Comments: Listen - 11/16/11 01:19 AM
WOW, well done, very well done.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Comments: Listen - 11/16/11 04:31 AM
Beautiful. As I've come to expect from your stories. smile

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Morgana Re: Comments: Listen - 11/16/11 06:29 AM
Wonderful. Frightening. Amazing. This is a fantastic peek into how Clark learned to control his abilities. Thank you.
Posted By: Dandello Re: Comments: Listen - 11/16/11 07:40 AM
Lovely, absolutely lovely. sloppy
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: Comments: Listen - 11/16/11 08:01 AM
I like the progression you've shown with Clark and his listening abilities. How blocking background noise (which would drive me insane smile ) slowly becomes screening Superman calls. Nice job!

Joan
Posted By: Artemis Re: Comments: Listen - 11/16/11 10:04 AM
Absolutely excellent!
cool
Artemis
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Comments: Listen - 11/16/11 11:41 AM
Ditto to everything above.

Poor teenage Clark and the things he heard in out on the farm! Jonathan is a great and supportive dad.

I love how Clark shows how important Lois is to him and how she's made his life better with just this one thing. Superb. clap
Posted By: Laurach Re: Comments: Listen - 11/16/11 06:51 PM
Very interesting and scary take on Clark's hearing ability.
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: Comments: Listen - 11/16/11 08:07 PM
I'm always amazed at the continuous flow of new ideas and new looks that you have for a character who's been around for over seventy years.

Every one of your stories has been stunningly original and this continues the trend.

Well done.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Comments: Listen - 11/16/11 09:22 PM
Wow! That was absolutely beautiful. I love the little peeks into various parts of his life and how his view on his hearing abilities changes - at first he hates what he can hear but then he learns to love the things that he can hear - like Lois' heartbeat.

Lovely story. Thanks for sharing with us!
Posted By: jackiek Re: Comments: Listen - 11/16/11 09:30 PM
So very lovely. Very well done.
Posted By: DW Re: Comments: Listen - 11/17/11 07:30 AM
Wow! This was really excellent and you captured everything perfectly! clap clap clap
Posted By: EvelynC Re: Comments: Listen - 11/17/11 07:36 PM
Wonderful! I just love how your progression in this. Excellent job! thumbsup
Posted By: EmilyC Re: Comments: Listen - 11/18/11 06:45 PM
Excellent! Really enjoyed the progression. I always enjoy your take on Clark acquiring his abilities and the not-so-good that comes along with them.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: Comments: Listen - 11/19/11 10:50 AM
Very nice. Those progression stories always end in such clever resolutions. And this one was no exception clap

Michael
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: Comments: Listen - 11/19/11 09:59 PM
smile Really well done. I thoroughly enjoyed this. It was the perfect combination of sweet and sad and wistful, with a great ending. Great job!
wave
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards