Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: AntiKryptonite FDK: First Touch 1/1 - 05/07/11 11:56 PM
I'd love to hear what you think of this. I have the idea of doing five of these stories, each taking a different sense, and calling them, altogether, 'I Sense That I Love You.' But if there's not enough here to warrant more of the same, just let me know. smile

Thanks!
Posted By: mozartmaid Re: FDK: First Touch 1/1 - 05/08/11 12:42 AM
Aw! That got me a little misty eyed, I have to admit. LOVED it!! I especially liked Lois in her wedding gown before her wedding to Lex thinking about the '3' men in her life and how they would react to her crying. Well done!!

And I definitely think you can pull off a series of the senses-- I say, go for it! thumbsup
Posted By: True Love Re: FDK: First Touch 1/1 - 05/08/11 01:37 AM
That was really sweet. I loved how you showed Lois remembering back to the wedding with Lex and realizing through the sense of touch what Clark meant to her.

I hope you continue your series of senses.
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: First Touch 1/1 - 05/08/11 08:51 AM
Aww that was great! So sweet!
Posted By: EvelynC Re: FDK: First Touch 1/1 - 05/08/11 09:41 AM
That was wonderful! Please write more. thumbsup
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: FDK: First Touch 1/1 - 05/08/11 09:48 AM
Beautiful story! I love the idea of a separate vinette for each of the sense. I've always liked the idea that our brains sometimes distract us from what we instinctively grasp. I love the distinctions you provide for us with Lois' feelings regarding Lex, Superman and Clark.

Joan
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK: First Touch 1/1 - 05/08/11 10:51 AM
This is great! I also loved the thoughts going through Lois's mind while looking at herself in the mirror before her and Lex's wedding. smile

You've really captured the differences between her relationships with the three main men in her life.

I hope you include music in the hearing sense... like when Lois & Clark dance for the first time. I was wondering why you didn't use that 'touch' here. Or that first kiss, but now I'm guessing you're saving those for other senses. Taste, perhaps?
Posted By: DW Re: FDK: First Touch 1/1 - 05/08/11 11:15 AM
This really was beautiful! thumbsup

I also think that you can pull of the whole five senses-story thing wink

smile

Oh, almost forgot ... loved how Lois thought back to her almost wedding to Lex and reflected on how each three men would have behaved with her crying.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: First Touch 1/1 - 05/08/11 11:22 AM
Well done!

I especially like the part with Lois contemplating how the men would respond to her crying.

There are very few people whom I think could pull off a 'senses series', but you are definitely one of them! Go for it. smile

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: lcfan99 Re: FDK: First Touch 1/1 - 05/08/11 03:28 PM
Wow! That was really well done. I loved it!
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK: First Touch 1/1 - 05/08/11 04:48 PM
That was a really nice story. Yes, go for the senses series!
cool
Artemis
Posted By: Jenna Re: FDK: First Touch 1/1 - 05/08/11 06:43 PM
sweet fluff to end the day.

I say go for it on the other stories, thumbsup as I can't wait to read them. hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK: First Touch 1/1 - 05/08/11 08:18 PM
I agree with everyone else that you should definitely continue the "senses" series. This was very well-written and very moving.
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: First Touch 1/1 - 05/08/11 09:00 PM
That was really very sweet.Nice job! clap
Posted By: bellarase Re: FDK: First Touch 1/1 - 05/08/11 10:17 PM
Oh wow, this was amazing!! LOVED IT! I was sad to see it end but enjoyed every word of it.
Posted By: AntiKryptonite Re: FDK: First Touch 1/1 - 05/10/11 10:01 PM
Thanks for all the enthusiastic replies!

I admit I wasn’t sure about this, but now that I’ve gotten all your hopes up, I’ll definitely write the rest. I do have the second one almost done (it just needs another editing go, which I always put off; writing is so much funner than REwriting), and I’ve started the third.

Lynn S M, I thank you for the compliment, though I hope it doesn’t mean you think I ramble all the time. wink

VirginiaR, I can’t promise music, but I hope you like what I have planned anyway. There’s just so much that can be explored through eighty-eight episodes that it’s impossible to catch everyone’s favorites! Maybe next time. smile

Again, thanks to everyone for taking the time to tell me what you thought.
Posted By: KathyB Re: FDK: First Touch 1/1 - 05/10/11 10:03 PM
Oh, AK, this is really good! The beginning had me smiling because it was just so sweet and happy and clever. I love the descriptions of the times Lois had touched him in those early days, and how she couldn't figure out why everyone thought they were a couple when they considered themselves "just friends". (You just know that's what everyone talked about over the water cooler in early S2!)

But then you got to this:
If Lex were in this room and saw me crying, what would he do?

If Superman were in this room and saw me crying, what would he do?

If Clark were in this room and saw me crying, what would he do?
And it was kind of like the needle scratched to a halt on the record. (Yeah, old analogy; just go with me. wink )

This is actually pretty profound, that she was thinking this, and it elevated this vignette from a cute piece of fluff to something more. Very nicely done!

Clark might have loved me at first sight, but I loved him at first touch.
Love it. Great job. smile

Kathy
Posted By: AntiKryptonite Re: FDK: First Touch 1/1 - 05/12/11 10:39 PM
Thanks, KathyB! I'm glad you found it profound, and here I was thinking it wasn't anything new. smile (Oh, and I listened to records when I was a kid, so I thought the analogy was perfect.)

So glad you enjoyed, and thanks for commenting!
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: FDK: First Touch 1/1 - 05/19/11 03:25 PM
I loved it! I know I read them in the wrong order goofy but I like this one better than Second Sight. I think you captured Lois's voice perfectly!

Good job, keep it up!

AnnaBtG.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: First Touch 1/1 - 05/25/11 12:40 PM
Okay - so ignore my last comment on Clark's side asking for Lois' side. You've already given it to us! laugh

Nicely written. I love the 20/20 hindsight that Lois has here. Part of my wishes that you'd touched on that first touch when Lois realises that Clark and Superman are one and the same. The greater part of me realises that that moment really doesn't fit into this story - Lois loves Clark for Clark, not for his super side. Favorite lines include:

And he handed out his hugs whenever I needed them--which, to be perfectly honest, wasn't quite as often as I took them.
Because if he were holding me...there wouldn't be any reason to cry.
Posted By: AntiKryptonite Re: FDK: First Touch 1/1 - 05/26/11 11:51 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Anna. I was relieved when you said I captured Lois's voice--she's very different from me, so I always worry that I don't quite get her character down.

And really, Deadly Chakram, I'm blushing. blush As I said earlier, there's so much you could talk about and explore that I couldn't get it all in one story--or even five--so I guess that's why there's so much great fanfiction out there!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards