Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: scifiJoan FDK Go for the Brass Ring - 12/11/10 01:31 PM
I don't think Lois would need to attend such a support group every week but it was a fun premise to play with. I've taken some liberties with other super hero significant others to keep the story interesting.
Posted By: EmilyC Re: FDK Go for the Brass Ring - 12/11/10 02:11 PM
Hah! V. cute.

I like Pepper Potts needling Lois and Lois's subsequent rant.

“You know why he does it.” Arthur led.

“Yes. And I’m okay with it. Sometimes I just have to vent. Same time next week?”
Nice ending.
Posted By: mozartmaid Re: FDK Go for the Brass Ring - 12/11/10 03:28 PM
clap
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: FDK Go for the Brass Ring - 12/11/10 03:28 PM
Fun - should we know who Arthur is?
Posted By: EvelynC Re: FDK Go for the Brass Ring - 12/11/10 03:38 PM
What fun! Loved how you had Lois rant, and her comments to others-- Whoohoo! Especially liked her advice to MJ. Lots of chuckles rotflol !
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK Go for the Brass Ring - 12/11/10 05:22 PM
When Jimmy popped in I thought he was going to start talking about his love for Ultra woman! LOL. Cute concept!
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK Go for the Brass Ring - 12/11/10 08:22 PM
Great fic! I laughed and laughed all the way through.

I'm with Marcus - is Arthur someone we're supposed to know?
Posted By: HappyGirl Re: FDK Go for the Brass Ring - 12/11/10 09:33 PM
I took Arthur as the stereotypical psychologist/group therapist.

I second mozartmaid on the Jimmy line. Cracked me up.

Keep these one-shots coming, Joan! thumbsup thumbsup

Happy
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: FDK Go for the Brass Ring - 12/11/10 09:38 PM
clap
Posted By: bellarase Re: FDK Go for the Brass Ring - 12/11/10 09:53 PM
enjoyed it as much the second time! Very cute. smile1
Posted By: DW Re: FDK Go for the Brass Ring - 12/12/10 02:25 AM
clap

Looking forward to more from you!

smile
Posted By: bobbart Re: FDK Go for the Brass Ring - 12/12/10 06:49 PM
Hi Joan,

This was really fun and I enjoyed it very much.

However, I want to know what meeting Jimmy really was looking for.

Bob
Posted By: Jenni Debb Re: FDK Go for the Brass Ring - 12/13/10 01:24 AM
Hi,

Very cute premise for this story. It did make me laugh, and yes, I too would love to know which support group Jimmy was looking for. laugh

Yours Jenni
Posted By: Tasadi Re: FDK Go for the Brass Ring - 12/13/10 06:50 AM
clap

memo to self: don't read humorous stories at work, it's easier to look like you're working if you don't have to cover your smiles and laughter dizzy
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: FDK Go for the Brass Ring - 12/13/10 10:00 AM
Thanks for all your feedback!

Marcus Rowland and IolantheAlias - I didn't have any one in mind for Arthur. Happy Girl had it right. Just a facilitator. That could've been a fun feature.

Laurach,Bobbart and Jenni Debb - I haven't made my way through the entire series yet so I haven't seen Ultra Woman. It sounds like I could've had some fun playing with that. I was thinking comic relief from that conversation between he and Perry at the end of Season 2. That they were just background characters.

Tasadi- Glad I made you chuckle at work smile

Thanks again!

Joan
Posted By: anonpip Re: FDK Go for the Brass Ring - 12/28/10 11:42 AM
This was great. I don't know much about super heroes aside from LnC and the recent SpiderMan movies, so aside from Lois, the only lines I really got were the ones for MJ, but enjoyed it none-the-less.

And my favorite line was definitely the "comic relief" line for Jimmy. I, too, thought he was at the right meeting, although I'd forgotten about Ultra Woman and was thinking more that he had some sort of crush on Wonder Woman or someone similar, but the real reason he was there was so much better!
Posted By: AntiKryptonite Re: FDK Go for the Brass Ring - 01/21/11 01:54 AM
I just read this story and really enjoyed it--it was very funny up until the end where Lois started talking to MJ and then it became more serious. I absolutely loved the line where Lois said she wanted Clark to get acclaim instead of derision; it shows how far her own character has grown, and echoed one of my own personal wishes. Very well done (though I admit that I have only watched the Spider-man movies and Lois & Clark, so I'm not the best judge of the other characters). I also really liked the point that Lois brought up about how it's hard for the superheroes to reveal their secret identities--it shows a great deal more of perception in Lois than she had in the first and some of the second season. Thanks a lot.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards