Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: anonpip FDK: My Partner - 12/01/10 09:50 PM
As per the conversation in the Fanfic related folder, the feedback here is always so constructive and helpful. I look forward to seeing what you have to say about this one.
Posted By: mozartmaid Re: FDK: My Partner - 12/02/10 01:33 AM
Aw, that was sweet! clap
And the different parts worked well together in my book. I think the best scene (or at least my favorite) was the last... 'Ivory Tower Lois' was a nice little metaphor.

“I’d miss being partners with you,” I tell him, all my fears gone.

“We’ll always be partners, Lois,” he says, leaning his head against mine. “Even when you’re editor, we’ll be partners here at home.”

I snuggle in closer to him. “I can’t wait.”
And yay for supportive relationships! *sigh*
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: My Partner - 12/02/10 07:07 AM
Really sweet. I loved it!
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: FDK: My Partner - 12/02/10 08:47 AM
That was a powerful story. It was neat to see the evolution of Lois' feelings with the snipets over time.

“It’s just that… you seem to have a lot in common.”
I was a little surprised by that statement about Mayson and Lois. To me, Mayson seemed so insecure compared to Lois. But you handled this well and even got me thinking. Mayson is insecure when it comes to Clark but she is a competant professional.

What if, by marrying Clark, I lose myself? What if Clark secretly wants that?
This fear seems very realistic. I like the way you dealt with it.

Beautiful story!

Joan
Posted By: Jen P Re: FDK: My Partner - 12/02/10 08:56 AM
Awwww. This was a sweet story . I enjoyed seeing the evolution of her feelings.
Posted By: DW Re: FDK: My Partner - 12/02/10 11:52 AM
This was really great and I loved every bit of it. The year snippets worked really well together and this was my favourite part:

He pulls away from me slightly, looking serious. “I do have one image that doesn’t involve us being partners.”

“You do?” I ask, not sure what to make of his words. My fears had been melting away and his words don’t bring them back per se, but still, I feel a bit nervous.

He nods. “I see you looking at me across the desk in Perry’s office.”
laugh
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK: My Partner - 12/02/10 12:51 PM
Yep, what everybody said. Great story and a nice time capsule of the whole four years of Lois and Clark and a bit of the future.
Nicely done. smile1 smile1
cool
Artemis
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: My Partner - 12/03/10 09:15 AM
Thank you for posting this! What better way to spend my "non-coffee" break than to read a delightful piece of fanfic?

The structure of this story reminded me a bit of time-lapse photography -- We see a quick slice of life and then fast forward a year to see the next slice. But put all the slices together, and a much larger story unfolds.

Well done! smile

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Vicki Re: FDK: My Partner - 12/04/10 05:52 AM
Aww... that was so nice! I think the most fun was seeing the jump from her first impression to one year later. laugh

I suppose for someone unfamiliar with the series, this story would have been quite confusing, but for us folcs, it was a great read. I loved it! Thanks for posting. thumbsup
Posted By: anonpip Re: FDK: My Partner - 12/04/10 04:28 PM
Thank you all for the kind comments!

mozartmaid and DW - I'm glad the year snippets worked well together. The tie seemed looser than I had wanted, but I hoped that my title would help to bring it together.

Thanks, Laurach, Jen, and Artemis!

scifiJoan - Once you said it, I could see the case for Mayson being insecure, but I've always seen as secure even with Clark. She's so pushy with him. I can see that she let him walk all over her as well, but then Lois does this as well for awhile (with the running out on her thing). I saw this as Mayson just really believing that Clark was a nice guy and there had to be reasonable reasons for his actions.

Lynn - That's such a beautiful description of this fic, I feel unworthy of it.

Vicki - I agree, year 1 to 2 definitely has the biggest change in her feelings.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: My Partner - 12/08/10 06:22 AM
This was adorable!

He pulls away from me slightly, looking serious. “I do have one image that doesn’t involve us being partners.”

“You do?” I ask, not sure what to make of his words. My fears had been melting away and his words don’t bring them back per se, but still, I feel a bit nervous.

He nods. “I see you looking at me across the desk in Perry’s office.”
And I think this was a wonderful lead-in to the end.

Michael
Posted By: anonpip Re: FDK: My Partner - 12/27/10 11:28 AM
Thanks, Michael!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards