Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: daneel FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/03/03 01:41 PM
Yay!! It's finished!! wave
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/03/03 01:49 PM
LOL, and awww... the part where Clark finally confesses he loves her, all in a rush, and immediately tries to escape just cracks me up <g> And I do love Lois dragging it out of him again. Especially by explaining how they were wasting valuable kissing time goofy

Good revelation, too ... kinda low key, but definitely in a good way. And -- I know this will shock you -- I'm glad you wrapped this up in 10 parts instead of going to 40! laugh

I still think I'll dream up an epilog, where L&C conspire to act like Martha's destroyed everything and show her how badly things could have gone... <eg>

PJ
Posted By: Joy Moony Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/03/03 01:50 PM
{{{happy satisfied sigh}}}

nothing like a wendyfic to put me in a good mood.....

Thank you!
Posted By: MissyG Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/03/03 01:54 PM
Great finish!

Ooo!!! I agree with Pam! They need to fool Martha and have her think she's ruined everything!

So glad Lois was easy to forgive but wanting to make Clark pay.

Lovely revelation and guilt!! Great story!!

Missy
Posted By: Karen Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/03/03 01:58 PM
Aww. See, this part is why I should have waited an extra day to read the whole story. It was fun watching Lois drag Clark through the stores, and the date itself. But this part wraps it up beautifully. Not only do we have them together, but there's a revelation, too! Great! smile1

I have to agree, though, Martha needs some paybacks. wink And Lois is great at revenge.
Posted By: KathyB Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/03/03 02:11 PM
Awww, very nice ending, Wendy. smile

“I’minlovewithyou,” he gabbled, then turned away, as if ready to bolt for the door.

“Clark?”

“What?” he asked through gritted teeth.

“Do you think you could say that again?” she asked sweetly. “A little slower this time?”

“Why?” he demanded. Hadn’t she made him humiliate himself enough?

“Because I’d kind of like to remember the first time the man I love tells me that he loves me too.”
Yay! I love that he just blurts it all out, then tries to bolt ... poor guy! Makes me want to hug him! (And thankfully, it made Lois want to, too. <g>)

And what a sweet response on her part ... yay again!

“Do I get free flights?”
LOL, great response from her! Love it! Now that's my kind of revelation! <g>

She nodded. “See, I believe you. I believe Superman,” she said. “I know you wouldn’t lie, or treat a woman badly just because you can. You have integrity. And I love that about you, too.”

“Lois, just because I’m Superman instead of just Clark Kent, that doesn’t mean that I’m any more likely to keep my promises to you!” Taken aback, and almost a little offended that she thought it would take a Superman to persuade her to trust freely, Clark stared at her.
And I love this, too, both what she says and his response to it. It fits so well with their S1 characters. Lois would be worried about where things might lead and she would trust Superman above anyone else to not hurt her. And Clark would be a little miffed by this ... nice insight and well done.

And I love their vows to each other at the end, that they will love and protect each other ... that's just wonderful. smile

Great story, Wendy! Major fun. smile (Though I do have to agree with everyone that I'd love an epilogue where they take revenge on Martha. I know you probably won't do it because it's already been submitted, but it would be a barrel of fun. <g>)

Kathy (who figures there's no sense in posting the rest of M2 since Wendy clearly has the low angst revelation stuff covered. goofy )
Posted By: BarbP Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/03/03 02:22 PM
Wendy,

You had gotten to the "I love yous" faster than I thought you would -- they were wonderful -- Clark tongue tied, Lois making him suffer (well a little) -- nicely done. But why would you get there so quickly? Ah!.....revelation for them and me. A great revelation coming! And it was simple, sweet and sure.

Nice, Wendy.

Barb.
Posted By: Julia Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/03/03 02:52 PM
Great wrap-up, Wendy! clap

I must confess, though, that I'm a bit disappointed that Lois didn't have to fight for her man. Would have loved to see her checking out Clark's friends, desperately searching for some strange woman he's in love with.

Epiloge would really be nice, revenge on Martha (she kind of deserves it!! :p ).

But they are happy now and that's what counts.
laugh
Julia
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/03/03 04:50 PM
Aw Wendy this was wonderful. I got a kick out of this line.
You know, you didn’t even look that blissful after I’d been kissing you!” he pointed out with a wry grin.

She blushed, but then laughed. “Clark, come on - these are chocolate!”
Of course being on a diet I picked up the chocolate cookies thing real quick<g>

Anyway that was so sweet and I am glad she didn't freak out over him being Superman. Also the way he told her he loved her so fast was cute. Great job, and I can't wait until your next one<g> laura
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/03/03 04:56 PM
Hi,

Great story! drool

“I love you, Lois Lane,” he said softly.

“And I love you too. Even if you can fly and I can’t,” she said, sticking her tongue out at him. “And even if your mom had to knock us over the head to get some sense into us!”

“Remind me to thank her... ooh, maybe about the time I’ve finished paying off my credit card bill!” Clark replied, grinning.

And then she kissed him again, and words seemed unnecessary.
Did you had to mention the credit card bill. mad

MAF hyper
Posted By: Tank Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/03/03 06:02 PM
Gee, yucky stuff, and just a tad waffy. Why am I not surprised.

Tank (who figures this sugary confection probably nearly killed poor Labrat)
Posted By: Supes1fan Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/03/03 06:24 PM
Hooray! Wonderful ending to a sweet, funny story!

LOVED the revelation..
He was Superman, and Lois knew it.

She was staring at him, eyes wide, mouth agape.

“You are... what?”

“Superman,” he said meekly.
Too cute! rotflol

~Liz
Posted By: CC Aiken Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/04/03 03:53 AM
Well...huh.

I think I get it. But I am not missing the irony, here, Wendy. You'll remember that once I preached you a nice sermonette on how I liked loose endings, things not to follow exactly from A to B, holes for the imagination, yakkety, yak, etc...? And you pretty much said, "Yeah, whatever, but tell it slower and tell me more." And I thought, "There she goes again, that Wendy."

Ok,ok, I'm getting to the point.

Look what you've done here! I think, and again stressing how humble this opinion is, there was more story here. In fact, I imagine I can see your tread marks where you pulled it back in line as it tried to surge away.

Lois vowed to fight for her man. I wanted to see that. And it's been noted that Martha deserves a bit of a comeuppance. And the opportunity for Lois to investigate the dream woman and for Clark to watch, either clued-in or not....

You know what it is, don't you? I'm still looking for the *real* conflict, which you pretty much said you weren't writing. I get it.

However, I would say that I would like for you to have told me MORE and SLOWER.

CC (who knows in her heart that Wendy will just sharpened these little points and toss them back at her with deadly accuracy at some future date.)
Posted By: Saskia Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/04/03 11:31 AM
Sweet ending, Wendy. It just misses some things. First, I was yelling at you when we reached the smoochie. Cute and wonderful. But then you dropped the *thingies* on us. Bad, bad, very bad! So, when I continued reading after a moment or two, I finally noticed it went on. Just another POV. Good! laugh

But there immidiately follows another problem. I've looked all around, I really did, and I've tried to picture this from all sides, but I just don't see it. I can't have missed it, I'm sure of that. So where are the whams? Ten parts and just nothing... eek /me rushes back to read more Yvonne.

I also agree with the others. Some revenge on Martha would be great to see. And I know you've already send this to the archive, but we still need January uploads as well... so how about it?

Saskia (who isn't above nagging for more Martha since it seemed to work before <g>)
Posted By: merry Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/05/03 07:42 PM
Wonderful Wendy.
I loved it
sorry I'm behind in posting
merry
Posted By: Kaethel Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/06/03 10:46 AM
Sorry I'm late! But at last I found some time to read this last section. smile And what a section! It was the perfect ending to a wonderful story, full of banter, fun and waffs.

I'm particularly fond of the following line:

“Because I’d kind of like to remember the first time the man I love tells me that he loves me too.”
Very, very nice and waffy. And the rest is just as great!

Kaethel smile
Lovely happy ending...just as it should be. And a really fun plot for this one.

For this story, however, I confess I still want to kick Lois from here to Sunday. (Just what does that expression mean anyway?) And I think the reason is, actually, because of the length.

Let me try to explain....In the 40-parters laugh , you give equal time to showing us the neurotic, flawed Lois and the healed, trusting person she becomes with some help from our boy Clark. In a short (er wink ) story like this one, my head is happy with the plot resolution, but heart hasn't had time to forgive Lois and consider that she's now deserving of her happy ending. I'm wondering if this story should be either shorter (in the beginning parts) are longer...so that she can give the same amount of introspection to realizing how far she's come. Does that make any sense?

Whatever! smile Another excellent outing.

Best,
Sherry
Posted By: Xanabee Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/06/03 04:33 PM
A very sweet and WAFFy ending, Wendy. drool Love it!

And LOL about the WHAMS, Saskia. laugh

Ursie
Posted By: Sorcha Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/07/03 10:49 AM
Okay, apologies, Wendy, for not posting fdk in a while... between one thing and another, I just couldn't find the time to do a lot of things... but I'm so glad I missed out on all those nail-biting cliffhangers wink

And wow! clap I just love this fic, and you tied the ending up so neatly, with your usual elegant phrasing and wonderful dialogue, which consequently just made me melt evil bits, but enjoyed this immensely anyway wink ]
Posted By: RetroRose Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/07/03 02:34 PM
Wendy, many appologies for being a bad girl about leaving fdk blush Bad, Bad, Bad!!!

I just couldn't leave this great story without letting you know how much I enjoyed it. The biggest problem leaving fdk this late is that everyone else has already gushed on about my favorite parts smile1 )
Posted By: RL Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/07/03 10:24 PM
Shelley, if you're bad, I'm even worse. I actually read this several days ago, but hadn't gotten around to writing up some fdk.

On the issue of Clark being too much of a softy when it came to his mom, I disagree somewhat with that. I don't think Clark has it in him to be angry at anyone, especially someone close to him. And he was a bit mad at first, but as Martha made him realize he may have misinterpreted Lois' actions earlier, he was too busy hoping Martha's interpretation was right to be mad at her. Maybe he and Lois will get a bit of humorous revenge later on, but in the end, I agree that they're grateful she did what she did.

Before setting out, he got changed. He wouldn’t forget in a hurry the way Lois had looked at him when he’d tried on those black jeans and the CK polo shirt - especially when he’d peeled the other T-shirt over his head in order to do so - and he wasn’t above using that knowledge to give himself an advantage right now.
Maybe I'm just a guy, but I don't see the great attraction with black jeans. smile I've been told differently by numerous people, but oh well, I'm not a woman.

The door opened abruptly; she stood there in the gap, giving him a surprised look. “Clark? What are you doing here?” Then he noticed her eyes widen, and he decided that his decision to wear the black jeans had been the correct one. Yes, she’d noticed.
I may not understand the attraction, but this is still funny!

So, how are you today?”

Oh, great start, Kent! he thought, kicking himself mentally.
/me thwaps Clark, too. smile

“My mom led you to believe that I was in love with someone else. Another woman,” he clarified, ramming his hands deep into his pockets.

Lois stared at him. After a moment, eyes wide, she said, “And... you’re not?”
Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Give the woman a prize. At long last, after hint upon hint, she finally figures it out! No criticism of your writing, Wendy. It's just that Lois really IS this dense to take so long to figure out what's in front of her face when it comes to her personal life.

“I’minlovewithyou,” he gabbled, then turned away, as if ready to bolt for the door.
ROTFL! I can just see him doing that.

Awwww. smile1

“Clark Kent!” Lois reached behind her and grabbed a towel. “Are you going to make me beat it out of you?”

He fended her off with one hand, catching the towel in the other. “You want to try?”
Do it! Then maybe Wendy will have to make this an nfic. wink

“You do know that you’re wasting valuable time here?” she pointed out.

“I am?”

“Oh yes.” She licked her lips slowly, deliberately. “Valuable kissing time.”

“Oh.” He dropped the towel instantly. “You know, you could be on to something there, Lois.”
Yes! rotflol

Pygmalion had won her Eliza.

Or had Eliza won Pygmalion?

“Thank you, Martha,” Lois murmured, reaching up to kiss Clark again.
Nice comparison. Guess it doesn't matter which one won whom.

“No.” She cut across him firmly, her expression having changed from indignation to resignation in the space of a single second. “No, I do believe it,” she added quietly. “I know exactly why you didn’t tell me. Don’t I?”

He pulled a face. Yes, it had been partly her behaviour, the way she’d treated him as Clark and as Superman, which had made him reluctant to tell her, but that had been far from the only reason. Mostly, it had been the very real fear that to tell anyonewould put not only himself but also his parents at risk. Jason Trask’s single-minded search for ‘the alien’ and anyone who had harboured him had reinforced that caution and ingrained it to his bones.
As much as I hate dragging out these revelations and having Lois be upset with him, she does seem to have forgiven him a bit too quickly. Without having actually tortured him recently with her Superman obsession, I wouldn't think Lois would be so quick with her reasoning. At least, IMO. Maybe a paragraph or two of introspection where she gets upset with him, reviews her recent past, and then decides she's been rotten to him. To forgive him so quickly seems a bit OOC without at least some thinking about it.

“Do I get free flights?”

Clark blinked; whatever he’d been expecting, it wasn’t that! “I guess that could be arranged,” he agreed mildly.

“Good. And chocolate from Switzerland?”

He had to laugh at that. “Is that all my being Superman means to you? Your own private pilot and chocolate from Switzerland?”
LOL! Trust Lois to bargain with him for chocolate and flights.

She nodded. “See, I believe you. I believe Superman,” she said. “I know you wouldn’t lie, or treat a woman badly just because you can. You have integrity. And I love that about you, too.”
This is a rather interesting take. Granted the reason she fell for Clark is the same reason she fell for Superman. But in the face of the lies Clark had just admitted to, she's willing to trust that Superman would never hurt her for no reason. I've never heard this idea expressed in such a way. I like it.

“Remind me to thank her... ooh, maybe about the time I’ve finished paying off my credit card bill!” Clark replied, grinning.
Maybe he should get Martha to pay the bill? It was all her doing. Just kidding. wink

And then she kissed him again, and words seemed unnecessary.
And a nice WAFFy ending! Yay!

A lovely story, Wendy! I look forward to your Christmas story next!
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/08/03 01:05 AM
I think I just hit fic overload. I was looking at the most recent threads, and when I saw FDK for Momentum 2, it immediately confused me because I thought for sure it was FDK for Date By Arrangement and that I...posted feedback in my sleep or something. Oy. There are reasons why I don't try and catch up on multiple stories at once. goofy Now that I've had a good laugh at my lack of brain power, it's time to wrap this up by saying great story. There are so many plots where I think, hey, what a great idea! I would have never thought in a thousand years to get Lois and Clark together this way. Thanks for sharing it with us!

JD thumbsup
Posted By: silm Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/08/03 04:01 AM
Wendy, I´m a little late with FDK, but thank you very much for this. I loved it, you did great again. And the end was very sweet and Waffy.
Sil
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/10/03 12:37 AM
Wendy

Sorry I'm so late.
WOW, what a wonderful ending! smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: Jocelyn Brant Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/11/03 09:38 AM
Hey hey, Wendy! Long time, no feedback blush I absolutely loved this story, and I apologise for not being able to post feedback until this moment, but as I mentioned before my computer is on the fritz. It took the store 3 weeks to determine that my computer needed to be sent away to fix the fan on it. Most unfortunate. As it is, my computer still has yet to return to me, and thus I am on a computer at school, catching up on my fanfiction reading. I was hoping to have it back by my birthday, on the eighth, but to no avail.

Anyway, back to praising this story: It was incredible, as all you stories are, and I absolutely loved the interplay between Lois and... herself?! Her constant jealousy provided much comedic value, and I'm glad I finally got to read the conclusion.

I'm glad there was the closure of the Superman issue, however, I thought it may have played out a bit too quickly under the circumstances. Lois accepted it a bit too nonchalantly. But, I'm guessing you have justification for this. At any rate, the story is excellent, and I'm hoping you're working on another right... now!

-Jo huh
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 12/13/03 10:50 AM
I'm finally back to thank you all very much, not just for your comments on this final section, but for your support throughout this story. Sorry it's taken so long, but again every time I thought that comments had ceased and it was time to reply, someone else would post (and I am definitely NOT complaining about that! goofy ) but that's why I waited.

Anyway... so our protagonists have declared their happy ever afters and Clark told Lois the truth about his double life. And... well, there seem to be some mixed responses here.

CC probably put it strongest:
I am not missing the irony, here, Wendy. You'll remember that once I preached you a nice sermonette on how I liked loose endings, things not to follow exactly from A to B, holes for the imagination, yakkety, yak, etc...? And you pretty much said, "Yeah, whatever, but tell it slower and tell me more." And I thought, "There she goes again, that Wendy."

Look what you've done here! I think, and again stressing how humble this opinion is, there was more story here. In fact, I imagine I can see your tread marks where you pulled it back in line as it tried to surge away.

Lois vowed to fight for her man. I wanted to see that. And it's been noted that Martha deserves a bit of a comeuppance. And the opportunity for Lois to investigate the dream woman and for Clark to watch, either clued-in or not....

You know what it is, don't you? I'm still looking for the *real* conflict, which you pretty much said you weren't writing. I get it.

However, I would say that I would like for you to have told me MORE and SLOWER.
ROFL! goofy

Wendy smile
Posted By: chelo Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 10/10 - 08/03/13 06:52 AM
Great story¡
I would love to have half of the wisdom of Martha Kent¡ thumbsup
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards