Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: anonpip FDK: Perceptions - 10/06/10 09:01 PM
wave
Posted By: mozartmaid Re: FDK: Perceptions - 10/07/10 04:24 AM
Awww... That was so sweet! Nice to see into Lois' heart--and to know that Clark knows she gets it! Loved this vignette! smile
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: Perceptions - 10/07/10 04:36 AM
What a wonderful vignette! I think you really captured Lois' attitude, and I like the scandal you came up with. I had always assumed that the scandal was extremely substandard living conditions, including dangerous cutting of corners with regard to the medical care of the residents; but I like your idea much better.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Perceptions - 10/07/10 12:54 PM
Very sweet. Laura
Posted By: bellarase Re: FDK: Perceptions - 10/07/10 05:53 PM
ooooh i loved this so much!!
Posted By: HappyGirl Re: FDK: Perceptions - 10/07/10 10:31 PM
Another one-shot! That's my speed these days. clap

What a great way to show the internal growing up as Lois realizes that Clark is, indeed, good enough for her. I loved how you showed her self-centeredness and hypocrisy at the beginning, and how she wasn't really fooling Clark. And then her change of attitude and Clark's surprise and delight. Clark wants her respect, and his Kerth Award was one step in Lois learning to respect him. Even if she was reluctant to grant him that respect at first, I think that by the end of the evening (both in the show and in your story), she's had a genuine change of heart.
Posted By: DW Re: FDK: Perceptions - 10/08/10 04:10 PM
Aww, that was very sweet and I also thought that you captured Lois' attitude very well!

smile
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Perceptions - 10/09/10 01:47 PM
I really liked the way you showed us Lois getting over her jealousy and realizing that Clark deserves the nomination.

Can't wait to find out what story you are up to now!

Michael
Posted By: Deja Vu Re: FDK: Perceptions - 10/10/10 01:49 PM
This was wonderful! I loved Lois's progression--from "urgh, I don't wanna be here like this" to "Clark really does deserve this." That was very enjoyable! laugh

~Deja Vu~
Posted By: anonpip Re: FDK: Perceptions - 10/11/10 04:28 PM
Sorry for the slow reply. I ended up out of town unexpectedly. And then caught a bad cold from someone I was with - still have it - so basically have felt pretty awful since then.

Thank you all for the feedback!! I'm glad you liked it and didn't think I was better off abandoning it when I decided it didn't fit in with my other story.

HappyGirl - This has always been one of my favorite episodes. I'm not so crazy about the a-plot of this one, but the subplot of Lois' dealing with Clark's nomination shows so much growth on her part, I always see it as a turning point in their relationship. I'm glad that came through in this story.

Sorry this is so brief, but I still really feel like I should be in bed. I do appreciate the comments though.
Posted By: Framework4 Re: FDK: Perceptions - 12/29/10 12:09 AM
Delightful tale. I just read it on the archive, can't believe I missed it in October.
Posted By: anonpip Re: FDK: Perceptions - 12/29/10 11:10 AM
Thanks, Patrick!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards