Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: MLT Coming Soon: The Time Traveler's Wife - 08/09/10 11:25 AM
Yesterday, I typed my two favorite words in the English language in my latest story, The Time Traveler's Wife: 'The End'

I still am doing editing, but I should begin posting my new story soon (well, unless my beta readers come back with: 'What the hell were you thinking? This story doesn't work at all.')

Anyway, If you want to see a poster for this story or read a brief excerpt, you can do so here: Excerpt
hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper

Hmm, yeah, I believe that about covers it. (Didn't find a siren/eye-popping animated gif you know from comics)

Michael

Edit:
Oh, and how many parts? Or probably better: Short as in ~200k, medium as in ~400k, or slightly longer as in No Place Like Home? And posting schedule?
[Linked Image] New ML fic!!!! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Now that is a great way to start a week! [Linked Image]

When do we get part 1? When you tease hungry readers with an amazing excerpt they will hunt you for more. [Linked Image]

Andreia angel-devil
Posted By: DW Re: Coming Soon: The Time Traveler's Wife - 08/09/10 12:16 PM
goofy clap laugh
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Re: Coming Soon: The Time Traveler's Wife - 08/09/10 12:43 PM
I've been eagerly awaiting this story ever since I read the teaser on your website, some time back..

Yay!!! dance
Posted By: carolm Re: Coming Soon: The Time Traveler's Wife - 08/09/10 01:35 PM
YAY!

Carol
Posted By: Angie Re: Coming Soon: The Time Traveler's Wife - 08/09/10 04:14 PM
Great premise! Can't wait to read it!!
Posted By: BJ Re: Coming Soon: The Time Traveler's Wife - 08/09/10 07:29 PM
I love the teaser and the poster. It sounds like a great story. I can't wait to read the rest.

BJ
Posted By: bobbart Re: Coming Soon: The Time Traveler's Wife - 08/09/10 07:55 PM
That is a GREAT story and the teaser has me excited to see where you take it.

Now, I will admit to a bit of trepidation. As much as I enjoy that story, I find the end to be very sad. I've only read the book once and I was unable to even consider seeing the movie.

Bob
Posted By: MLT Re: Coming Soon: The Time Traveler's Wife - 08/09/10 08:08 PM
No idea on start date. No idea on posting schedule. Story is long.

Don't worry, Bobbart. This is what I post at the beginning of the story:

This story came to me while watching the movie, ‘The Time Traveler’s Wife.’ However, other than the title and the realization that when telling a story about time travel, there is no linear progression of events, this story bears no resemblance to the movie, well other than the time traveling thing, of course <g>.
ML wave
Posted By: Laurach Re: Coming Soon: The Time Traveler's Wife - 08/09/10 08:30 PM
Looks cute, bring it on!
Yay! Yay! Yay!

A new MLT story - it's wonderful! The anticipation is spine-tingling. The excerpt is... wonderful.

I can't wait for you to post!
Posted By: TOC Re: Coming Soon: The Time Traveler's Wife - 08/10/10 12:05 AM
Aaaahh! Like the others said, that was wonderful, ML!!

Ann
Posted By: sarahg Re: Coming Soon: The Time Traveler's Wife - 08/11/10 06:29 PM
so excited!!!! new ML fic! scared about the angst though, seems like it'll be a wringer!
Posted By: rkn Re: Coming Soon: The Time Traveler's Wife - 08/12/10 03:50 PM
Anything by MTL is one of my favorites!
Posted By: flowerpot Re: Coming Soon: The Time Traveler's Wife - 08/13/10 10:48 PM
amazing! can't wait!
Posted By: MLT Re: Coming Soon: The Time Traveler's Wife - 08/17/10 04:43 PM
Okay, I'm thinking that I'll start posting Friday at midnight (if all goes well). As usual, I'll be posting every other day.

Now, this story is written in seven parts, together with a teaser and an epilogue. However, each part is forty to sixty pages, so they will probably be posted as Part 1a, Part 1b, Part 1c, etc. (And, no, you won't be getting forty to sixty pages in each post so don't even bother asking laugh )

This story is probably the most challenging plot I've ever written. But hopefully it works and provides some entertainment.

ML wave
Posted By: KathyM Re: Coming Soon: The Time Traveler's Wife - 08/17/10 06:26 PM
And, no, you won't be getting forty to sixty pages in each post so don't even bother asking
OK, I won't ask. sad How about 20-30 pages at a time instead?

Eagerly awaiting the first installment, ML! And you know that we'll continue begging you for more, no matter how quickly you post...

Kathy
Posted By: Artemis Re: Coming Soon: The Time Traveler's Wife - 08/17/10 08:02 PM
Me too!
Artemis
clap clap clap clap clap rotflol rotflol rotflol
/starts drooling rather embarrassingly/
drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool

Michael
Posted By: DW Re: Coming Soon: The Time Traveler's Wife - 08/18/10 05:09 AM
Definitely cannot wait until Friday for when you start posting (although it would be Saturday for me, I guess).

hyper hyper hyper hyper

And I'll second Kathy: how about 20-30 pages then?

smile
Posted By: KathyB Re: Coming Soon: The Time Traveler's Wife - 08/20/10 07:49 AM
After nine months of an insanely busy real life leaving me no time for fanfic (sob!), things are finally calming down enough for me to poke my head back in here to see what's been going on. And after seeing this post, and reading the teaser on your site, I'm practically bouncing up and down in my chair. Especially when I saw "midnight Friday", looked at the calendar, and realized, "Today is Friday!" Squee, talk about good timing!

I can't wait to start reading, ML. I'm beyond excited to have something fun to look forward to again. thumbsup

Kathy
Woohoo, bring it ML!!!
Posted By: rkn Re: Coming Soon: The Time Traveler's Wife - 08/20/10 10:29 AM
Which means by the time I get to work on Monday there should be two parts up! Whee! dance
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards