Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Alisha Knight FDK: The Game Begins - 06/08/10 03:11 PM
If you made it through the long, rambling note at the beginning and read the story, feel free to leave some (not too harsh) comments here:
Posted By: Meadowrose Re: FDK: The Game Begins - 06/08/10 03:36 PM
Nice story! When is the next part?
Posted By: Alisha Knight Re: FDK: The Game Begins - 06/08/10 04:07 PM
Hi Meadowrose, I'm not sure when I'll post the next one. It's mostly done, but I haven't finished tweaking it. Hopefully it'll be up before the end of the week.
Posted By: Framework4 Re: FDK: The Game Begins - 06/08/10 05:13 PM
Interesting tale. You did spend a lot of time on the most painful irritating part of L&C.

Lois Lane can't see that Clark is Superman.

Everywhere else in the Mythos Lois Lane suspects of figures it out.

Superman 2 the Donner cut she jumps out a Window to try and prove it.

jumps out window draws on the newspaper
Posted By: Seme Re: FDK: The Game Begins - 06/08/10 05:16 PM
I really like reading this story. It's fun!!!!

Poor Lois.........I can't wait to see how she will react to CLARK being Superman.

I hope u post part 2 and 3 soon

Good JOB
Posted By: cookiesmom Re: FDK: The Game Begins - 06/08/10 06:22 PM
I like this. Lois is so confident that she knows Clark that it NEVER enters her mind that he could be Superman, even when she knows she works with Superman and spoke to him.

I hope you'll post the next two parts soon!
Posted By: caincrazy Re: FDK: The Game Begins - 06/08/10 07:09 PM
I really liked this story. I like how superman has been giving her hints, I just hope if she does figure it out she forgives him. Cant wait for the next part.
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK: The Game Begins - 06/08/10 08:23 PM
"I mean, if you found out what my real name was, would you print it? Sure, it’s not life-threatening, not if you don’t count that I wouldn’t have a normal life any more, or that the world’s criminals would suddenly make a beeline for my friends and family."
Whoa, Clark, major slip of the tongue here!

"I’m single, I’m renting, I only have one other name and my job isn’t that any more high profile than yours.”
Tee-hee. He's sure giving her a lot of clues.

No-one should take that long visiting the little boy’s room who didn’t need serious medical attention.
smile

Still, if she was that eager to work it out, and it really was almost blindingly obvious that Clark was Superman...
But not in a universe where everyone has Facial Recognition Deficiency Syndrome. wink Maybe she'll pick it up from all the other hints he's dropping.

She wouldn’t feel like she knew Superman until she knew, well, probably not quite as much as she knew about Clark. She knew Clark better than she knew anyone.
Well, in the end, then, Lois, it'll work out fine.

An enjoyable fic. I like how you end it with Lois not knowing. She *says* that she wants to let it go, but we know Lois is incapable of doing that. She's going to ponder on who is Superman, and gnaw at it, until she figures it out. Then she'll kick herself for missing it.
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: The Game Begins - 06/08/10 10:45 PM
What Framework said!

Ann
Posted By: Alisha Knight Re: FDK: The Game Begins - 06/09/10 12:47 PM
Hey, thanks for all the feedback.

Framework4, sorry, I can understand how irritating Lois' failure to realise that Clark's Superman is, but it is kinda the whole point of this story...
Seme and cookiesmom, I'm glad you're both enjoying the story.
caincrazy, why wouldn't Lois forgive him? He's just been lying to her about his secret identity, that's all! laugh
IolantheAlias, now what gives you the impression that Lois isn't going to let it go?
Ann, what I said to Framework! goofy

- Alisha
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: The Game Begins - 06/09/10 02:38 PM
What a fun, refreshing story. But I feel so bad for Clark...Even when Lois knows to be looking for Superman's alter ego throughout the day, and even when she knows that he's a colleague of hers, she still can't figure it out. Clark must think that she really doesn't have a very high opinion of him at all if she could overlook what is right under her nose. (And I mean that phrase both figuratively and literally, considering the number of times she has leaned over his shoulder to read his monitor.)

So, you indicated that this is a trilogy. I'm looking forward to the next two stories.

Well done!

------------------
"I only have one other name"

------------------

Is that right, Kal El - I mean "Clark"? Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;-)

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Alisha Knight Re: FDK: The Game Begins - 06/09/10 04:09 PM
------------------
"I only have one other name"

------------------

Is that right, Kal El - I mean "Clark"? Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;-)
Erm, yeah, that totally crossed *my* mind when I was writing, but Clark forgot! blush
Posted By: amberlea Re: FDK: The Game Begins - 06/09/10 04:35 PM
This is a great story! I can't wait to read more. There's nothing like a good revelation. smile I really enjoy your writing style!

Amber
Posted By: DW Re: FDK: The Game Begins - 06/10/10 07:10 AM
I loved this story and am also eagerly looking forward to what happends next smile
Posted By: Alisha Knight Re: FDK: The Game Begins - 06/10/10 09:28 AM
Thanks Amber and DW, I'm working on getting the next story up ASAP.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: The Game Begins - 06/10/10 12:35 PM
So, Clark's dangling the revelation in front of her, giving her more and more hints. Wonder if when he will eventually narrows it down to two persons, him and Jimmy, if Lois is going to pick Jimmy as the most likely candidate evil

“Complicated.” She gazed up at the heavens, as if looking for inspiration. “Complicated! What, you’re married? Got five kids and a mortgage? Have several different names you go by, not just two? Are a politician, a soldier, spy? How is it complicated?”
Yes. No and no. Yes. Yes. Sort of. Some would say so.
laugh

Michael
Posted By: Alisha Knight Re: FDK: The Game Begins - 06/10/10 01:52 PM
Wonder if when he will eventually narrows it down to two persons, him and Jimmy, if Lois is going to pick Jimmy as the most likely candidate
Hmm, interesting thought. Well, let's see what happens next; story number two will be up in a second. laugh

EDIT: Well, that was the plan, but I'm having a problem previewing the post. It will be up as soon as I can be sure what I'm posting is the next story.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards