Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ShayneT Comments: Red Tape - 07/05/09 12:39 AM
I want to thank Cookiesmom for inspiring this story with her Metropolis Wackiest Laws Challenge story. This is the first inspiration I've had in months, so thanks!
Posted By: bobbart Re: Comments: Red Tape - 07/05/09 12:55 AM
This was hilarious! rotflol
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Comments: Red Tape - 07/05/09 03:41 AM
I'm surprised none of them are asking for proof he's had innoculations etc....
Posted By: Artemis Re: Comments: Red Tape - 07/05/09 07:42 AM
Shayne:
hyper
That was great!
cool
Artemis
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: Comments: Red Tape - 07/05/09 08:29 AM
clap Wasn't there a story once that used this?

And may I suggest that Superman should just quit?

Fun story, Shayne smile

Michael
Posted By: Lieta Re: Comments: Red Tape - 07/05/09 02:26 PM
Very amusing, =)

But, if Superman's heading for Mexico City... what happened to Clark? =P
Posted By: KathyB Re: Comments: Red Tape - 07/05/09 08:50 PM
Bravo, Shayne. That was truly inspired, especially the final line. thumbsup
Posted By: cookiesmom Re: Comments: Red Tape - 07/05/09 09:32 PM
I LOVED your story.

notworthy
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: Comments: Red Tape - 07/05/09 09:42 PM
You know, this is so true!

I always thought that episode where Tempus was President and did this sort of thing to Superman was all-too-true for the regular guy/gal who is just trying to get along. Heaven help the small businessman - he spends 1/3 of his time doing government paperwork!

I found it interesting that the FAA was the agency that wouldn't budge. Why not, Shayne?
Posted By: flowerpot Re: Comments: Red Tape - 07/06/09 12:05 AM
haha! that was hilarious!!!
Posted By: TOC Re: Comments: Red Tape - 07/06/09 12:26 AM
Clark is such a true American that I can't see him moving away, or at least not far away, from the United States for long. (Mexico City might do. He could help stopping the drug war there, perhaps.)

You have to wonder, though - what if the US gave Clark so much hassle that he decided to move to a country farther away, a country that the US might even regard with some suspicion? Like China? Or even Russia? I know, that wouldn't ever happen, not with Clark being Clark. But, just for the sake of the argument, let's imagine that it did. How ould the US react? Would they demand that Superman return? Would they, perhaps, even issue a threat to the country that currently 'held' Superman?

This reminds me, more than ever, that the world was a simpler place at the time when Superman was created, back in 1934. (Yes, Siegel and Shuster came up with the idea of Superman in 1934, but their character was "officially" born in 1938, when Superman was introduced to America in Action Comics #1.) Consider though - back in 1934, there were no atomic bombs. Not in 1938 either. Back then, Superman couldn't have caused the kind of international crisis that he could indeed have caused if he had existed today, if countries had fought over him. After all, Superman would be, potentially at least, the world's most powerful weapon!

Ann
Posted By: sarahg Re: Comments: Red Tape - 07/08/09 07:30 AM
loved it! just what i needed....
Posted By: GamesAway Re: Comments: Red Tape - 07/08/09 10:57 AM
clap clap clap
Loved it.
Posted By: TicAndToc Re: Comments: Red Tape - 07/12/09 11:06 PM
Loved it! Anyone who's ever had to deal with red tape (buying a house comes to mind) can relate.

I liked how really sort of true-to-life this was, considering that it's based on a fictional character... If this sort of thing - the red tape harassment - were real, a lot of cities, countries, or groups might very well respond pretty much like you've laid out - with a percentage of insincere offers mixed in purely for the embarrassment it might cause.

Great story! clap

'Toc
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: Comments: Red Tape - 07/13/09 08:10 PM
Hilarious!
Posted By: Mister Data Re: Comments: Red Tape - 07/14/09 02:39 AM
Very, very Funny!!! rotflol
James
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards