Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: carolm FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/09/09 01:33 PM
All I have time for before I have to go get kids is...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get back here Sue!

Carol
Posted By: Kathryn84 Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/09/09 01:50 PM
Haven't read yet but:
party party party party party party
New chapter laugh
Posted By: sarahg Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/09/09 01:54 PM
oh my G-d oh my G-d oh my G-d
Posted By: Sara K M Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/09/09 02:03 PM
I really like how past Lois is noticing that future Clark is upset because he misses his Lois.

And I love how she was deterimined to find out about her relationship with Clark through investigation. That's so Lois!
It worries me though, that she knows so much about her future. That can be dangerous.

And Lex Luthor is dead. Is that good thing or not?
Posted By: Kathryn84 Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/09/09 02:48 PM
Wow Sue
Nice chapter but I wonder how you're going to fix that.

Gretchen killed Lex... interesting but Flois is right that detail is going to change everything.

Poor Flark he misses his wife.
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/09/09 03:19 PM
Wow! What a cliffhanger. This truly does change everything. Wedding plans are certainly changed, if nothing else.

Elisabeth
Posted By: Allie Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/09/09 03:22 PM
Wow, great chapter. Can't wait for hte next instllment.
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/09/09 03:49 PM
There is a school of thought among time travel theorists that if one travels into the past and changes it sufficiently, not only is a separate future created, one's original future becomes inaccessible forever. If that's true, maybe future-Lois has now blocked herself off from future-Clark forever, past-Lois must now somehow learn to be her own future self, and future-Lois must learn to live in own past - one which is no longer her own.

And how can she tell Clark that she's messed up her life - no, their lives? How will he deal with the information about himself that she can give him that she would have no way of knowing in 1995? Beginning, of course, with his other identity, but also including knowledge of future events and her sudden weight loss. Surely someone will notice, just as someone other than Clark will eventually notice that Mrs. Kent is filling out her blouses and skirts a bit more impressively now.

I'm not sure even H. G. Wells can help them now. Maybe the only ones who can are the timecops in Utopia. Just as long as they don't send Andrus.
Posted By: Dandello Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/09/09 04:18 PM
To quote a classmate of mine during one of Professor Brown's lectures: I hate temporal mechanics. goofy
Posted By: carolm Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/09/09 04:19 PM
/whispers/

Terry, Andrus is at that MASH reunion...

/end whispers/

Carol
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/09/09 05:19 PM
Oh my. Great story. What on earth was Wells trying to fix?
cool
Artemis
Posted By: Sue S. Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/09/09 06:57 PM
/me cackles with glee clap

The only thing more fun than reading one's FDK is seeing the theories that the readers come up with. This might be a good time to reiterate the little caution I put at the beginning of the story about how this is going to be fluffity fluff fluff with no actual A-plot. There is (perhaps) the barest semblance of plot in why Wells switched the Loisi and, while I will be offering a semi-scientific hypothesis later, I would caution you against examining it with any kind of strong light.

Points to Terry, though, for coming closest to picking up on upcoming plot. wink Rest assured, there is no Andrus in this story.

Thanks for sticking with me you guys. It means the world to me to see you're still following the story.
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/09/09 07:00 PM
Hoooly crap.

Just to add to Terry's evil stream of time travel theory, does anybody imagine the world changing in 1998 right around past-Lois and future-Clark's very eyes?

Great part,
JD
Posted By: carolm Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/09/09 07:03 PM
OOoooo like the end of Frequency?!?!?

Carol
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/09/09 08:58 PM
I have extremely little time, but I may come back for more later.

I loved how 1995 Lois and 1998 Clark did their best to, well - cohabitate? Coexist? Just work together? I loved how you brought out Lois's confusion and feeling of unreality, and how overwhelmed and weirded out she still was by the thought that she was married to Superman. I loved how she was reassured by Clark's admission that the two of them argued occasionally. And I felt so sorry for Clark, too, and his realization of what he may have lost forever.

I loved that plucky Lois would come to work, no matter what! But then, Clark is the same. Didn't he come to work when he had amnesia and had no idea that he was a reporter?

The title - Ricochet. That ricochet could be the fallout of Lex's death, right? The ricochet is the bullet that killed him?

Ann
Posted By: cp33 Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/09/09 09:07 PM
Too tired to post hubby is back in the hospital but Sue this was a wonderful treat tonight.
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/09/09 09:21 PM
Oh CP33 sorry to hear about your husband in the hospital! Wow you've had a tough month!

Sue that was a great ride. I like the roller coaster you have us on. I am sure no matter how this turns out, that we haven't gone up or down the steepest part of the ride yet. Can't wait! Weeeeeeee...! Laura
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/10/09 05:03 AM
Love the story!

No clones and kidnapping, right? But Lois98 is right, her future just changed. Would Clark95 think her dismay or sadness at the turn of events is loss over Lex?

I can't help thinking what impact this would have on their joint Kerth award.. the Kryptonian invasion story. If there is no Lex, it's reasonable to assume that L&C got married the first time right? Or...

Let's say the New Kryptonians came after L&C were already married.. what would/wouldn't happen this time around?

Just speculating. Maybe we are going to see something else entirely... Looking fwd..

smile1
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/10/09 05:34 AM
Uh-oh. Lois has made a major change. What does is means to her future? confused 'Flark' (Hehe... love that laugh ) isn't having new memories so it means 'Flois' has created a new timeline? hyper Did I say MORE? laugh

Andreia
Posted By: amberlea Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/10/09 10:25 AM
Well, that changes things...

I love how in the Lois & Clark universe one can write a story in which a main plot device is time travel and it still be called fluff!

Eager for more!

Amber
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/10/09 11:00 AM
Reading anxiously, this is very good, don't care if the plot holds (much) water, just want to read more of these interactions.

PJ
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/10/09 11:16 AM
about how this is going to be fluffity fluff fluff with no actual A-plot.
erm, Sue, I don't think you are into flffyity territory. It's more like Dark Shadows. Maybe Wells is writing the story huh
Anyway, keep it coming!
cool
Artemis
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/10/09 11:28 AM
this is going to be fluffity fluff fluff
I started laughing really hard when I read the "fluffity fluff fluff" part.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/10/09 12:53 PM
Great fun. Too tired for more sensible FDK frown

Michael smile
Posted By: Mister Data Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/10/09 01:59 PM
And now for a completely different future...

MORE SOON!!!!
Posted By: sjp Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/10/09 02:34 PM
How did I miss this?
I've just read the first four parts in one sitting - I love it!!

When is the next part due? smile1
Posted By: Tank Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/10/09 05:31 PM
I think all the gentle readers have missed the most important part of this instalment.

Past Lois had to cut her hair in order to go to the Daily Planet. I wonder how that might affect history if she gets back soon.

Tank (who thinks that Clark could have been a little more gracious and told Lois her hair looked nice when she showed up at the Planet)
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/10/09 07:00 PM
Heh! I actually have to agree with Tank here - I, too, wondered why the people at the Daily Planet were not surprised that Lois' hair had grown an inch overnight!

Ann
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/11/09 08:37 AM
...Finally caught up! smile1

Sue! Need More! NOW!!!!!!!!!!! grovel grovel grovel grovel grovel
Posted By: bellarase Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/11/09 08:03 PM
*sighs dreamily* Oh this was just what I needed. And now I need more because well, I'm greedy like that.
Posted By: Nan Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/11/09 08:26 PM
Oy! You said this was going to be basically fluffy? Your idea of fluffy may be more perverted than mine!

Nan
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/12/09 07:09 PM
Just love the balance of tone.

1998 is fraught - Clark is worried he will lose Lois forever and Lois is struggling with the revelation and being married and the concept of time travel.

1995 has great potential for lighter moments - Clark is basically clueless and Lois can enjoy the fact that she knows a lot more than him, including of course CK=S.

I'm looking forward to the next part.
Posted By: loveLandC Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/26/09 12:37 PM
I love this story and am going through a little bit of withdrawl here. Hurry with the next part please!!! grovel
Posted By: bellarase Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 02/27/09 12:05 AM
Yep I'm going through withdrawal too! thumbsup
Posted By: carolm Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 03/04/09 08:04 AM
Get back here!!!!

Carol
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 03/04/09 09:24 AM
We need more "Ricochet"!!! wildguy
cool
Artemis
Posted By: Joy Moony Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 03/04/09 11:28 AM
waiting for ricochet5 over here. trying to be patient. will resort to pathetic begging soon...
Posted By: Sue S. Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 03/05/09 08:31 AM
Sorry for the delay. I was in a car accident on Feb 18 that fractured my pelvis and it's taken me a couple of weeks to get to the point where sitting up for longer than a few seconds doesn't make me want to cry. It was very gratifying to come to the boards and see that I wasn't the only one thinking about Ricochet. smile

cp33 - I hope both you and your husband are doing well. <<<hugs>>>

Tank (who thinks that Clark could have been a little more gracious and told Lois her hair looked nice when she showed up at the Planet)
Two things: A "woot!" dance that Tank is reading my story and a reminder that Plark told her that he liked the new hair all the way back in part 1. wink

I, too, wondered why the people at the Daily Planet were not surprised that Lois' hair had grown an inch overnight!
Because she cut it! The phone call she made was to her stylist. Even Clark was fooled at first glance by the haircut - it was the fit of her clothes and the absence of a wedding ring that told him she was Plois.

Your idea of fluffy may be more perverted than mine!
Count on it, Nan. wink

I need to read through part 5 again and then I'll be posting. My heartfelt thanks to everyone for reading and for the nudges. sloppy
Posted By: dawebb Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 03/05/09 08:42 AM
Sue,

I'm so sorry to hear that you were in an accident! frown

It sounds serious and painful, but I hope that you are doing ok on the road to recovery.

Debbie
Posted By: Mister Data Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 03/05/09 08:46 AM
eek ACCIDENT!

Please konw that you can take any time you need to finish this story. It is worth the wait.

James
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 03/05/09 09:08 AM
Oh no!!!!

No wonder you haven't been posting, Sue! A fractured pelvis! I'm really glad you are doing better now, but I guess you still have a distance to go before you have recovered completely.

Heads up, glad you are doing better, and looking forward to more Ricochet!

Ann
Posted By: grinch525 Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 03/05/09 11:19 AM
So sorry to hear of your accident Sue. As others have said, make sure to take the time to get better and fully healed. When you're better, we'll gladly take all remaining Ricochet chapters at once... smile
Posted By: fuzzy Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 03/05/09 11:39 AM
I too am really sorry to hear about your accident and hope that you will get better really soon!

Looking forward to next parts of this great story (btw, I think all your stories are great!) when you are well again!
Posted By: fuzzy Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 03/05/09 11:43 AM
I too am really sorry to hear about your accident and hope that you will get better really soon!

Looking forward to next parts of this great story (btw, I think all your stories are great!) when you are well again!
Posted By: Sue S. Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 03/05/09 01:55 PM
Awww, thanks for the well wishes. blush I really am doing much better now.
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK: Ricochet 4 - 03/06/09 08:45 AM
Yikes, I'm really sorry to hear about your accident. A fractured pelvis is nothing to sneeze at! (Particularly since it hurts to sneeze wink )
We need a vertical keyboard for the days we are out of commission and can't sit up. (OH,NO says Hubby. More time on the computer!)
Glad you are feeling better.
cool
Artemis
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards