Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Mister Data FDK: Bridge to the Past 3 - 12/03/08 02:32 PM
Oh, to be the first one!

Yeah, that there yellow sun is better than Ginkgo Biloba and Fish Oil!

James, Who Votes for BIG M/TH Posts
Posted By: Tank Re: FDK: Bridge to the Past 3 - 12/03/08 06:21 PM
There have actually been comic book writers who have toyed with the idea of Lara having come to earth with the baby Kal El, but it was never done to my knowledge.

This looks to be an interesting idea and I look forward to seeing where it goes.

I wonder if Nat is some long lost relative?

Tank (who also wonders if Lois' shorter hairstyle will inspire Lara in any way)
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK: Bridge to the Past 3 - 12/03/08 08:43 PM
Lara picked up English very quickly, didn't she? Wonder if it's that Kryptonian telepathy coming into play? I doubt that Nat would remember if she had called Superman "Kal-El," but even if he did remember, he surely wouldn't attach any importance to it. Unless, of course, Superman's birth name is now public knowledge, in which case it wouldn't make any difference.

And I vote for whatever posting schedule tickles your fancy. Just not monthly, please!

Are you going to have a number of FoLCs make cameo or guest appearances in this story? If so, I think you should publish a cast of characters at the end so we can see how well we know our fellow fanfic fanatics.
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: Bridge to the Past 3 - 12/03/08 09:08 PM
INTERESTING.

I think I also will vote for M/Th posts.

Great part!
JD
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Bridge to the Past 3 - 12/03/08 09:49 PM
Ha, this was a funny chapter, with just a touch of - well not exactly angst in it, but...

Haircut Poppa! Ficus-Ranger! That's so funny! I liked Nat, by the way! smile

And I liked Lara's confusion. She is totally ingorant about proper Earth customs - like she should not be walking in the middle of the road at night - but she sure recognizes her son and knows that he should be a resident of Kansas!

“Metropolis? Superman at Metropolis?”

“Yes.”

“Not at Gila Bend anymore. Not at---Kansas anymore?”
No, Lara, not anymore! Toto, he is not in Kansas anymore! goofy

Looking forward to the next part, whenever you can find time to post it! smile

Ann
Posted By: daneel Re: FDK: Bridge to the Past 3 - 12/04/08 03:19 AM
You know, you got my interest with this one wink

Long M/Th chapters please hyper
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: FDK: Bridge to the Past 3 - 12/04/08 04:00 AM
Well, I loved this one. Guess we know now where Clark got his knack for languages from. And, like someone said before, I can't help but wonder if there is a connection to the Kryptonian telepathic talent. It's also interesting to see how fast Lara develops her superpowers - for that's what her 'unexpected' strength is, isn't it?
Posted By: cp33 Re: FDK: Bridge to the Past 3 - 12/04/08 04:55 AM
I bet ole Nat thought he had picked up a real nut job! I love how you keep Lara vague so far. I wonder how long before she can fly?
Posted By: anonpip Re: FDK: Bridge to the Past 3 - 12/06/08 11:11 AM
This was great. Lara's reactions to Nate were amusing and his to her were even funnier. Not surprising he thought she was crazy, but it was funny.

Now how fast will Lara find Metropolis?
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Bridge to the Past 3 - 01/03/09 03:38 AM
The whole hitchhiker-thing was hilarious. Maybe she should have gotton one of these?
[Linked Image]

Oh, and I really don't mind either posting schedule. blush At least for this fic wink

Michael

PS: I wholeheartedly concur that language skills are enhanced by telepathy. And I'm glad I had already started on my fic before I read this laugh
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards