Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Thread Like Summary
KSaraSara, LauraHex, Toomi8
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#297887 11/01/2023 1:30 AM
by LauraHex
LauraHex
What if.. the revelation happens the other way around?

What if Clark came to metropolis as Superman first, met Lois, went on some super dates...... and then reveals that he's.. he's Clark, farmboy from Kansas.

I know this runs counter to the usual, and I like her falling for Clark first as that is who he is, and there's a weight to her choosing him the person over his powers and all that, yes yes, all great- but sometimes I have a hankering for a taste of the other way around, especially if there was never a triangle in the first place. I feel like such a fic would have some rich new ground to explore.. imagine Lois started dating this flying god-like person and then discovers this dorky sweet guy who chose to help others but also wrote articles about knob-tailed geckos and she falls for him all over again, for the real person? Like.. I feel there's something there? Or does this exist already?

Feeling goofy on my 159th rewatching. PS I love this place.
Liked Replies
#297919 Nov 2nd a 06:59 PM
by SuperBek
SuperBek
Oh that's a good one!
1 member likes this
#297918 Nov 2nd a 06:49 PM
by Queen of the Capes
Queen of the Capes
"The Man Under the Suit" by Happygirl comes close, but for the fact that Clark is a millionaire author. That said, I would LOVE to have a bunch of fics with this premise!
1 member likes this
#297956 Nov 5th a 01:43 AM
by Blueowl
Blueowl
I would love to that! And I honestly wouldn't mind one day writing a version of that idea, though I should probably finish the projects I already have..... However, if anyone wants to take it up and needs a soundboard or beta, let me know! I'd be happy to help!
1 member likes this
#297962 Nov 5th a 07:30 PM
by BlindPassenger
BlindPassenger
Hrm...I definitely like that idea, it's fascinating, and there are indeed not much stories with this premise. I'd totally read that!

As for fics coming close to that idea...I think the "Strangers" Series by Missy Garland might be something for you. That's fitting the idea rather well, it seems, sort of at least, as in Lois interacts a lot with Superman before even meeting Clark.
There's also the "Merry Christmas/Happy NEw Year" stories by Classicalla that explores Lois in a RS with Superman after the Pheromone episode.
And then...I think there was one by Zoomway, too...though I can't remember the title right now.
EDIT: Looked it up, "If you can't beat 'em". There's also a sequel "Join 'em" by another author, including the reverse-reveal.
1 member likes this
#297978 Nov 6th a 07:05 PM
by cuidadora
cuidadora
If you're not familiar with the archive, it's at
http://www.lcfanfic.com/index.html

Another possibility that's not 100% what you asked for is Nan Smith's Four Day's To Nightfall Series in the archive. In that one, Lois discovers an amnesiac man during Nightfall, and they work together to find his identity and, of course, save the world.
1 member likes this
#297974 Nov 6th a 05:44 PM
by BlindPassenger
BlindPassenger
The easiest way to find a story, so long it's archived (all my recs are, I think) would be via the various find a story tools on the Archive website. There, you can filter stories from title, author, etc. alphabetically. There's also a search engine but I think the filter lists should do well if you know either title or author. For everything exclusive to the boards or the NFIC section, you can check out lcficdirectory.com, either /pgindex or /nficindex, there you should find whatever you seek so long as you are aware of either title or author. I think that's it.
1 member likes this