Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Thread Like Summary
JadedEvie
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#297875 10/29/2023 6:04 PM
by bakasi
bakasi
Hey guys, November is approaching soon and that means it's almost time for our annual Christmas Ficathon. This year, we want to mix up the ficathon idea with a "Guess the Author-challenge."

That means you still send three things you want in a fic and three things you don't want. Once the assignments are out and the stories are written, you send your story to someone who will collect them. They will be posted by that person so that we can guess who wrote the stories.

Any questions?

Who would like to participate?

Puffytiger offered her services as the person who will collect and post the stories.
Liked Replies
by PuffyTiger
PuffyTiger
Yep! And it's combined with Guess the Author, so that's why everything is going through me, to keep it all anonymous.

And anyone is welcome to play! So send me your prompts! (now that the email is fixed, lol)
1 member likes this
by PuffyTiger
PuffyTiger
We've figured out how this will work.

I can do technical editing if you need help with that. Commas, verb tenses, grammar, etc. Just send anything you want me to look over to tigerpuffs@gmail.com or hit me up on Discord if you have something small you need help with. I can do Google Docs but not Microsoft 360. Or we can do a good old fashioned rich text or Word file.

JadedEvie has volunteered to do some beta reading if anyone needs it! I could try to do some, but it's not one of my strengths.

All stories will be posted on Jan 6.

Guessing will last 2 weeks and take place in the FDK threads and then we will have a reveal.

Anyone can guess, not just writers! Writers can 'guess' on their own stories if they wish.
1 member likes this
#298549 Dec 21st a 04:25 PM
by PuffyTiger
PuffyTiger
Posting this as a reminder that there's only just over 2 weeks left until stories are due!

I can help with technical editing via google docs, and JadedEvie has volunteered to help with beta reading if anyone needs it!
1 member likes this
by PuffyTiger
PuffyTiger
That would be fine! I either need to have a google doc access or a file in my inbox by the time I get up on Friday (US Central timezone), as that's the first thing I'm planning on doing when I sit down to work.
1 member likes this
#298825 Jan 19th a 08:54 AM
by PuffyTiger
PuffyTiger
Due to several not-quite-requests-for-a-little-more-time-to-guess-pleeeease, the fictathon reveal will happen Sunday afternoon, US central time!

So get your guessing in before then!
1 member likes this