Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Thread Like Summary
JadedEvie
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by JadedEvie
JadedEvie
The In-Between Moments is a series that rewrites, elongates or adds scenes. Most of them take place in between major plot moments. Some of them slip easily into the ongoing canon, while others roll right into an alternative universe. They’re all one-shots. They're short, not connected, and in no particular order. In fact, they’re usually plot bunnies that strike when I’m supposed to be working on the other epic stories I’ve got in the works.

This one is just fluff. Two others are written (both season 1), but this one is short and sweet and it just sort of materialized on its own. I ended up with COVID after posting Undercover Reporter, so this was meant to get my brain in gear and back on the longer, involved WIPs. No beta on this one, so any errors are my own.

It always breaks me when Clark sends Superman to cheer up Lois, even when he's the one that's made her sad. It's what she thinks she wants, but she never really gets what she needs. I wondered where the overlaps would start and end if Clark decided that this one wasn't a job for Superman. I didn't write this with the ending in mind already, so I was surprised myself when Superman ended up with a happier ending in the original than Clark did here.

The story is located here: IBM: In Other Words

Thanks in advance for any feedback, always including constructive criticism.
Liked Replies
by Darth Michael
Darth Michael
Hi Evie!

Baaaahahahahaha. Nailed it. (Or not, so to speak.)
evil

Thank you! I always appreciate seeing stories through your lens! Thanks for taking the time to comment on this little one!
smile1

wave Michael
1 member likes this