Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Thread Like Summary
KSaraSara
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#297558 09/22/2023 5:48 PM
by KSaraSara
KSaraSara
I had a build up of “not being able to write” so… I managed to pour this one out last night over the course of a couple of sprints. lol

Lemme know what you think!

Here’s the ficlet!

Sara smile
Liked Replies
by Blueowl
Blueowl
Squeeee!!
I'd love a follow up to this, showing their next conversation and hopefully date? :3 :3 :3

They're definitely better together.....
1 member likes this
by Morgana
Morgana
This is wild! I just finished making a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Never tried them with coffee. Hmmm.
1 member likes this
by JadedEvie
JadedEvie
Oh, I just love this. It started out so wistful and I could feel her longing for him. But what a happy romp through her mind it turned into! Her lighting up when he stepped off the elevator was so fulfilling!

The news was slower—sure that wasn’t his fault, but she might as well blame it on him while he wasn’t here.
Chortled out loud at this! lol

God, she’d missed him.. Missed him more than she wanted to admit to him—because even after everything, she still had that little bit of fear and reservation about opening up and being vulnerable. Even though Clark was the only one she would even consider being vulnerable with.
Such a brutal dichotomy to have to live with in your heart. Ooooff, she makes me really hope that she gets it together.

She’d swear they tasted straight from the oven, but maybe that was just because everything seemed that much better when Clark was around.
This and the bits earlier about not picking him up from the airport are so tantalizing.

She kept her eyes trained on him as she whispered, “They’re just…super, Clark.”

His head shot up, his eyes found hers, and for a moment, he was frozen still. But then, after a beat, he took a breath and slowly shrugged his shoulders up and gave her a sheepish grin.

clap I did NOT see that this was driving to this ending, and this was such a fun jolt! She's SO delightfully cat with the canary. And I love that you let Clark just be himself for this moment, instead of dragging him torturously down, his awash with guilt.

So much fun!
1 member likes this
by PuffyTiger
PuffyTiger
So adorable!
1 member likes this
by bakasi
bakasi
This is such a sweet story. I loved how Lois missed Clark and the revelation (was it even really a revelation?) over Clark's surreptitiously heating Lois' coffee is wonderful. Loved this. Thank you for writing, Sara.
1 member likes this
by Songbird
Songbird
*squee* I love this! It’s sweet how Lois missed Clark and was able to put 2 and 2 together. I like how Lois whispered to Clark at the end and he reacted. That’s a sort of revelation to me. I hope you write more. I want to know with what happens next! Thanks for making me smile!
1 member likes this
by Superjan
Superjan
Awesome little ficlet! This one deserves a sequel! smile
1 member likes this