Thread Like Summary
SirRodStewFan
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#296138 05/14/2023 10:47 AM
by SirRodStewFan
SirRodStewFan
What If...
Top Copy

Hi, I know I have been absent for a few years but I have been motivated to write again. This is just a small piece that came to me (It is short but longer than I had inteended) I have had it beta read, I have used a program to help. If anyone is intresested in being a Beta for me I have some longer stories that Iam working on.

Comments welcome peep
Liked Replies
by SuperBek
SuperBek
I agree with Blueowl that it was very presumptuous of Stride to jump off the building and assume that Superman would save her! eek

Interesting take here, and I also agree with Sara that it is very "Clark" of him to feel guilty about it, since he did hear that there was an emergency but chose to let emergency services handle it. I wonder how differently he would have felt if it had been a different kind of emergency (not someone making a spectacle to try to bait Superman but a legitimate emergency or something else).

Thank you for sharing!

-Bek
hyper
1 member likes this
by Blueowl
Blueowl
This was great ^_^ thumbsup

I still think it was insane that Stride had jumped and just assumed Superman would save her.

I loved how Lois here stood up for Superman and squashed any investigation into finding the reason why he didn't save her. Lois is right, no one should put themselves in danger and ASSUME he'll save them.

As for the ending, I really would love another part..... twins but either way, glad you shared this clap
1 member likes this
by KSaraSara
KSaraSara
Welcome back!! I love that so many FoLCs are coming back in the last few years!

Ahh, it was good to see Clark make Lois a priority instead of rushing off to every call for help—and the only way he *could* do that was to assure himself that the emergency services were there and had the situation handled. That said, I do love that he shows some guilt at the end too, thinking he didn’t have a good reason not to be there. Very Clark of him!

Nice little “what if”!

Sara smile
1 member likes this
by bakasi
bakasi
This is an interesting premise. I wonder how Clark would deal with not saving Diana Stride, even if Lois is absolutely right that she had no right to assume Superman would save her.

Welcome back
1 member likes this