Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Thread Like Summary
Blueowl
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by KSaraSara
KSaraSara
Hey, FoLCs!

As we prepare to kickoff the 25th Anniversary Kerth Awards 2023, we wanted to talk categories with you all!

Now, categories have always grown and changed over the years depending on how many and what types of stories are written. As has happened throughout the years, the committee likes to have input from the fandom as a whole as to what categories should be included and what matters most to the fandom. We'll take your input and ideas into consideration and review the eligible stories to see if the categories are viable and make sense to include.

Over the years, we've had not only the Kerth Awards, but also the nKerths and the altKerths because our fandom is full of awesome and creative people. With this, the 25th anniversary of the first-ever Kerth Awards, we wanted to expand the Kerth Awards a bit to make it an award that's more inclusive of all fandom members, not just the fanfic authors. For that, we need your help and ideas and input!

Starting this year, all nfic stories will be included in regular eligibility. And for your consideration, we'd like to add a "Best Nfic" category to the Kerth Awards—just as we had in the very first Kerth Awards!

What other categories are we looking at? Well, we'll definitely have the traditional size categories (Best Super Short, Best Short, Best Mid-Length, Best Long), which the committee will consolidate/adjust based on story count and viability.

In addition to those size categories, we present to you some possibilities selected from all the categories that have existed throughout the years as well as some brand-new categories that bring in a bit of the altKerth celebration aspect of things.

These are all just possibilities at the moment! The Kerth Committee will make a final decision on what this year's categories will be based on the number and types of eligible stories and fanart, etc. For now, we ask that you comment here to discuss and let us know your opinion!

So what do you think? What's your favorite? Is there something we're missing or something new we haven't thought of yet? We're so excited to hear your thoughts!

Thanks!
Sara, Darth Michael, AnnieM, and lovetvfan

POTENTIAL 2023 Kerth Categories

Best Comedy
Best Dramatic Story
Best Waffy Story
Best Revelation
Best Episode Adaptation (rewrite/fix-it/in-betweenie)
Best Elseworlds/AU Story
Best First Kiss
Best Holiday Story
Best Original Character/Supporting Character
Best Challenge Response
Best Nfic
Best Overall

New Categories
Best Fanart (any media—e.g., graphics, videos)
Best Commenter/Feedback Giver
Best Beta Reader
Best Enabler/Supporter
Lifetime Achievement Award

Kerth Announcement Post / Index
Liked Replies
by AnnieM
AnnieM
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Ooh, I like the idea of best commenter! Might help incentivise more activity in the FDK threads. smile

I have to admit, this is the perspective category I'm most excited about potentially adding. As a writer, those comments mean the world to me. And as someone who is terrible about staying on top of reading and commenting, I know how much effort goes into them and that makes me appreciate them even more. I know how motivating they are for me and many others. Without comments -- especially thoughtful, enthusiastic comments -- there's little motivation to post. Those comments truly keep the fandom alive. I'm so excited about the idea of honoring the readers who keep us all engaged and excited.
1 member likes this