Blueowl, thank you very much! I was so happy when Henderson found his way into this one! I just love when he winds up Lois. That was one of the most fun sections to write. I've got a couple of other ideas, but they're much more basic drafts (and much longer crazy ), so it might be a little while!

Terry, yeah, I think that's all more than fair. It's a major (major!) sticking point for me, too - that Lois didn't know what was going on. It would have to be literally the biggest secret in the world, for Clark to keep it from her . It's basically indisputable by this point that they're thick as thieves. I don't know how you solve that. (Well, actually, I do have one idea on how to solve it, but that's a different story. Literally.)
I have a really heavy background in folklore/fairy tales in the 1600-1800's, and it reared it's ugly head here. I'd been writing another story, and a big section of this scene (the whole ending) basically wrote itself one night. Once I'd read it through again, I'd felt about it the way you're describing here. But in lieu of chucking it, I thought I'd try it as a stand-alone. Maybe it's a darling that I should have killed instead of building it a house, but I just couldn't do it. The last sentence picks at me, too, but that folklore background is hard for me to bury.
I think that the one thing I can offer is that we don't get all the information we want here (how they get out of this one), but I think we get all the information we need (they do get out of it - Lois already has the story forming in her head, and she's a lot better at this than I am). I am sorry if it bruised that I wrapped the emotional plot, but not the full story plot.
Thank you for the amazingly kind words here. I've read some of your stories on the archive and I won't soon forget being described as 'masterful' by you. Any story nominations are hard to come by, and a Kerth would be quite a compliment.
A true to character by "grief-soaked" is the absolute best descriptor of the Lois I was aiming for, and I couldn't have articulated it nearly so well. Thank you for reading this with such depth!

Framework4, thank you so much for stopping into the feedback thread! I really appreciate it, and I'm glad that you liked this one!

Andreia, thank you for the kind words!

And he would stubbornly refuse to make anything and just wait for things to resolve itself.
This... makes... me... CRAZY! mad I know the writers are trying to stretch out the dramatic tension, especially in the love triangles (love rhombus?), but I do want to physically shove Clark into action sometimes. I sincerely believe that Lois doesn't go for him for her soulmate for A FULL YEAR because he literally just isn't asking. I have to remind myself that he's never been in a long-term, adult relationship before, and so this caution of his is actually charming. And I try to see it as a super human vowing to do no harm -- and that can be hard not to over-correct. It's a slippery little slope. But great shades of Elvis, some days I want to give him that push. And so, that's what Lois does here, lol

What do you mean "The end"?
Well, technically, for them, it's just the beginning. love

An epilogue would be great.
I honestly hadn't considered this. That's not a bad idea. wink

I'm so grateful to everyone who has read this and commented! I'm trying to sneak replies in a work, so I'll be back for the last half of this thread soon! <3