Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Okay. No secret identity - check. Clark and Kal are separate people - check. Kal and Clark look alike - no idea.

Kal gets to pet a cat - check.

That banner is precious! I like cats, and that one's a keeper for sure. Here, kitty, kitty...

Friends is going to have to fill in a whole bunch of blanks whether it starts story-tomorrow or story-next year. How will the Kents explain their new boarder? Where will his ship go? Will they keep his ET origin secret or sell it to the highest bidder? When will Bureau 39 (or its counterpart) show up? ("Hi, I'm Jason Trask from the U.S. government and I'm here to help.") What will Kal do for a living besides be a superhero? (Did Jor-El and La-Ra even think about that?) Is there more to the ship than just transportation, like science data or Kryptonian history or Kandorian culture?

My wife hates it when I ask questions like that when we see a movie for the first time.

This is a really good start, SuperBek. I'm eager to see where you go next.

Thank you!

And all great questions! It's a good thing there's still 260,000 words or so to answer them all! smile1

I think most of them are addressed at some point, although some not until much later! After all, the boys are only sixteen right now, so there's a long way to go. And actually, Friends is going to span a period of ten years. So if you follow along, lots of stuff will happen.

I love hearing all the questions everyone has and the things that stand out as you all read along!

I was mildly surprised when no one mentioned that Kal has blue eyes (one of the physical differences between him and Clark); there are some others too, and I hope these differences (aside from the obvious Kryptonian versus human) will become more clear as the story progresses.

Sara has made some incredible graphics for me for this story! The kitty cat there is actually rendered from my own cat (who is incidentally named Finn! lol and who is just about the cutest thing ever).

Thanks for reading along so far, and thank you for the great FDK! smile1

Originally Posted by Ailujecarg
I'm glad Kal found the Kents, even if there's three of them instead of two! Looking forward to seeing where you go with this!

Yes!! So Kal will have more than just Martha and Jonathan to guide him along his path as well. smile1

As you can imagine, there is a bit of canon divergence lol

Thank you for reading!!

Originally Posted by Blueowl
I have a lot of questions and hope I won't need to wait too long wink
So.... Clark is either from a parallel Krypton or a human adopted by the Kents.....
Very interesting that Earth is so much colder than Krypton, even in summer.
I'm glad he has the flower. I hope they can preserve it somehow.
I wonder how the Kents feel with him being from another planet.
When will his powers begin showing up? From what I recall, his parents didn't mention them at all....

Can't wait for more!

I love ALL of your questions and comments!

Most (all?) of them are answered/addressed in Friends!! smile1

And no, his parents did not know the effects of the yellow sun, so emerging superpowers will be a surprise.

I don't want to give anything away, so I'll just hope you read on (of course, I can't wait to start posting, so.... the first chapter of Friends might be going up shortly....!)

Originally Posted by bakasi
Clark and Kal are separate people? I didn't see that coming. Now I'm a bit afraid of what will come, because the famous love triangle is actually going to be a triangle. Let's hope Lois has a twin sister. I'm really curious where you will be taking this.

They are indeed separate people! cool

And well...uh...

I’m about to post the first chapter of Friends (again, over in nfic and only there). And…I think everything will be answered in the Summary and Author’s Note for this second part of the story. So, uh, please read the Author’s Note? grin

Big thanks to all who read this first little intro to this AU! Chapter 1 of Destined: Friends coming soon!

-Bek
hyper