I live in the Northeast, USA. We get Nor'easters/blizzards.

Heavy snow. Freezing temperatures that can quickly become deadly. White-out conditions are possible. Icy roads lead to accidents. Ice buildups/strong winds can knock out power, often for days for large areas while crews work to restore it. Ice and wind and the heavy snow can knock down trees and/or huge branches that can block streets, smash cars, smash houses. When temperatures get too low, you also run the risk of pipes freezing and breaking, leading to flooding in houses. Everyone panics in the days leading up to the storm and all eggs, milk, bread, toilet paper, bottled water, and shovels disappear from stores. (Not even really joking about that either, I've seen it happen pretty much every time.)

One thing to consider - power outages are not just deadly in terms of people no longer having heat in their homes. People on well water often need electricity to get the water into their homes, so no power means no water. And also, certain medications MUST be refrigerated or they spoil. Insulin is one such medication (our last power outage - admittedly during a summer heat wave/hurricane - spoiled over $1000 worth of my insulin). That can become deadly for a diabetic really quickly and if roads are impassable, Superman might just be the only one to get someone to a hospital on time.