Next Thread
Print Thread
#276258 07/11/17 12:33 PM
S
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
S
My family and I went to LA this summer and took the WB studio tour. We got to see the building they used for the exterior of the Daily Planet. It doesn't look as impressive without the stage dressing but it was still pretty fun! I'll try to post a photo.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sounds like a lot of fun! hyper

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
S
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
S
[Linked Image][/URL][/img]

This is it.

Last edited by scifiJoan; 07/11/17 04:06 PM.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That's so cool! One day, I want to go out to CA and do these tours...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

S
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
S
It was a lot of fun! We got to see the Big Bang set and many of the vehicles and costumes used in the recent and the 1980s Batman movies, along with Suicide Squad. There were also some Harry Potter costumes and props on display. I got my picture taken by the Gilmore Girls gazebo.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Looks like you had lots of fun on the WB lot, Joan. I sometimes see the set when watching other movies or TV shows. I recall seeing it recently, but can't remember which film/tv show it was.

I just got back from NYC, where I visited the The News Building (home of The Daily News) which just so happens to have a HUGE globe (installed in 1930!) in their lobby. Could this have been the inspiration of the Daily Planet? I took pictures but haven't uploaded them from my phone yet. I'll share when I get coordinated. LOL. Whenever that is.

Hold on, I guess I could plug in my phone now... Wait. I have to download them to photobucket first before I can post them here, don't I? And I don't have that password on this computer. wallbash Someday, I'll post the cool NYC photos. Also, took a shot of the Bank of Metropolis, which is a real building and I thought the people on this website would be interested in seeing.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard