Next Thread
Print Thread
#277345 10/19/17 08:08 PM
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Dean Cain appeared at a convention I went to over this past summer. I thought I would share my experience here since I've always enjoyed hearing about other fans' adventures meeting him. My time with Dean was kind of brief (I only paid for a picture with him and not an autograph because I also wanted a picture and autograph from Loni Anderson), but it was still a fun encounter.

Anyways, his assistant took five pictures of the two of us, with Dean doing different poses in each of them. Once that was over, Dean patted me on the back and asked if I was smiling for the pictures. When I affirmed that I was, he said, "Good. So was I." That was pretty much the extent of my encounter with him, but it was still cool to meet a guy who was my childhood hero and to get some awesome pictures with him. I'm sharing my favorite one below.

[Linked Image]

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nice pic! Dean's an awesome guy. I was lucky enough to see him in 2012 at a convention. He's so nice and really great about interacting with his fans. (He called me over to his table the day after I did my autographs and pics with him to discuss World of Warcraft. LOL!) Glad you got a chance to meet him!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Nice pic! Dean's an awesome guy. I was lucky enough to see him in 2012 at a convention. He's so nice and really great about interacting with his fans. (He called me over to his table the day after I did my autographs and pics with him to discuss World of Warcraft. LOL!) Glad you got a chance to meet him!

Yeah, you can definitely see he's really good with his fans. It's cool that he called you over to his table the day after you got your autograph and pictures. Extra time with a star you like is always a good thing.

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
He’s such a good guy. I was lucky enough to meet Dean and Teri at a con earlier this year. The lines to meet Dean and get his autograph were enormous; some of the other celebs refused to personalise anything to save time. Not Dean. No, he skipped dinner and stayed at the con for two extra hours to make sure no one was disappointed.
Teri was incredibly sweet too. She gave me a hug smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
He’s such a good guy. I was lucky enough to meet Dean and Teri at a con earlier this year. The lines to meet Dean and get his autograph were enormous; some of the other celebs refused to personalise anything to save time. Not Dean. No, he skipped dinner and stayed at the con for two extra hours to make sure no one was disappointed.
Teri was incredibly sweet too. She gave me a hug smile

His line was pretty huge at the con I saw him at, too. In fact, I would say his line was one of the longer ones I've stood in at a convention. I think it's kind of cool that so many fans are still that passionate about him, though.

I've heard about some celebrities refusing to personalize autographs, and that's a shame. None of the ones I've gotten autographs from (I've had a total of seven so far) have refused, so I guess I've been pretty fortunate with all of my celebrity encounters.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Awesome to hear about, and it's quite a nice picture smile

L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Originally Posted by TaliaJoy
Awesome to hear about, and it's quite a nice picture smile

Thanks! I thought it turned out well, too.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard