Next Thread
Print Thread
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hey Smallville Groupies -

So, Wow!! I mean, really, WOW!!!!

Last night's episode - Shattered - was probably the best acted and most intense Smallville ever. At the end, I think I sat gaping at my screen for a full five minutes.

This has to be the fork in the road for Lex. Somehow, someway, he's going to see that Clark betrayed him by leaving and letting those evil doctors haul him off and lock him in the loony bin. I'll bet anything that this is what sparks off the whole Lex hates Clark thing.

And that Michael Rosenblum. He just blew me away! I wanted to give him a big hug. And I also have to finally give kudos to John Glover who I thought actually really did a great job - his emotions seemed totally authentic in that end scene.

The whole Lana gets trampled by a horse stuff - I really think they could have left all of that out. It didn't add to the story at all. I almost would have had them have that happen to Chloe because it makes more sense that Chloe would have been looking out for Lex. But hey, they had to give Kristen something to do.

I must say that I'm really wondering how they are going to handle the fact that Lex has seen Clark in action and knows the truth. I know they set up a whole memory-loss thing, but really. It's bound to come back to haunt Clark. And this is really the nail on the coffin for any of us buying that Lex would never connect Superman and Clark in later years. Come on!

Anyway, I for one thought this episode was spectacular. They had all pistons firing, and if MR doesn't get some kind of Emmy nod for his performance, I'll know that the whole thing is rigged.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I also absolutly loved this episoide. The thing i found so ironic about it was when he told chloe that people who know too much could get hurt and maybe she should get out of town till it clears up. It made me think about all the times in LnC that clark suggested lois get out of town or stay somewhere else!

just thought that was interesting!

Being grown-up isn't half as fun as growing up, these are the best days of our lives, the only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you'll finally get it right! ~Ataris
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Interesting. <G>

I'm here to confess that I watched my second Smallville episode all the way through the other evening and that's two on the list I enjoyed. laugh

Was the one about the little girl 'haunting' Lana. Even didn't mind the focus on Lana. wink Clark still isn't making my heart flutter, but was easier on the eye than I recalled. And the ending was pretty chilling with Lex's dad. Gives me the creeps, he does.

LabRat (continuing to explore now and then...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Oh, Labby. I wish I could pick and choose episodes for you to watch. Some are so forgettable as to be a total waste of time, but those that are good are well worth the energy of watching.

Perhaps if you watch enough you will develop an appreciation for Tom Welling as a young Clark/Superman with the knowing that he grows into our Dean Cain as an adult <g>. Kind of like a good wine - starts out really nice and improves with age.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Perhaps if you watch enough you will develop an appreciation for Tom Welling as a young Clark/Superman with the knowing that he grows into our Dean Cain as an adult <g>.
LOL - given the difference in our ages, Lynn, I'm not sure that I'm not relieved my heart doesn't flutter when he arrives on screen. goofy

I'll definitely keep an eye out for other episodes though. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm too late for this, aren't I?

I had this epi on tape and only just watched it.

Just wanted to get my "oh, wow!" on record. Love this Lex Luthor. And thought the actor was flat-out amazing. Love that Clark had no choice but to leave him there with Lionel's people to be taken away and locked up. Clark needs for everyone to think Lex is crazy now, otherwise he's toast. And he needs for Lex to believe it, also. Can't wait to see how this will play out between them.

And poor Lana, once again manages to be in peril, even in a plot that has nothing to do with her. I'll just say that I like the contrast we are seeing between her and Chloe (who is Lois, I swear it). Chloe so much more Clark's match. Lana, cute in pink, but basically too timid to be paired off with future Supes.

Ok, well, I know I'm way late to the party. Am sad that Labby is still delusional about Tom Welling not being "all that." So wrong, Lab, so, so wrong...

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Not too late at all, CC. I'm always game for talking Smallville, and since we won't have any new epis until Jan. we are going to have to rehash this one to death.

Yeah, I agree about Clark. A lot of people seem to be torn up that Clark "abandoned" Lex, but I didn't see that he had any choice. And yes, he is going to have to let Lex believe he was crazy. Although I still maintain that there is no way in h..l that the future Clark/Superman dual identity could ever exist in Smallville's Metropolis based on what they've put forth so far. Anyone - Chloe, Pete, Lex - who even remotely knows Clark and has any suspicions whatsoever would immediately make a connection once Superman came on the scene.

And CC, I think LabRat is hopelessly devoted to Dean Cain, but perhaps with the proper campaigning (bombardment with appropriate photos, etc <G>) we could convert her! She claims to be too old to find Tom heart-stopping, but I'll bet she doesn't know that in actuality, Tom is, what, 28 or 29 now? And she can't be much older than you or me - nothing wrong with a little May-December lusting <g>.

Lynn

Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, I just watched my tape tonight, so I'm weighing in late, too. smile

But for the record, although I have been enjoying Smallville, you will never be able to convince me that Tom Welling is all that, especially when compared to Dean. In fact, I'm offended at the mere idea of it. <vbg>

Very powerful episode ... and yes, MR did an amazing job. Totally wanted to hug him. He is by far the best thing about that show ... the guy blows me away. I wish he were playing the Clark Kent character ... now *he* might be able to get closer to Dean on the hunk-o-meter. wink

I still don't trust Lionel as far as I can throw him ... evil, evil, evil! He *is* the Lex Luthor character of this universe, and poor Lex is one of his many victims. I just hope Lionel eventually gets his ... and boy, did it feel good to have Lex pistol-whip him!! goofy

I'm glad Edge is dead as a doornail now ... no way to bring him back, unless Gretchen Kelly is on call. wink I knew they'd bring him back eventually, so I'm actually glad he met his demise this way ... I figured he'd come back to haunt Clark when he became Superman years in the future.

As for Lana ... well, she is right, though it's too bad it had to get to this point for Clark. Poor boy is going to have a hard time opening up to Lois when he grows up, that's for sure! But, of course, if his Lois is anything like ours, she's going to smack him upside the head for even suggesting she might be safer away from him and make him accept his true partner in life. But it's an interesting way to set up his future personality as an adult Clark dealing with this secret. Assuming they don't backtrack on it later on this show, of course.

As for poor Lexie-baby, I think we're supposed to believe that he won't remember what Clark can do because of the drugs making him lose his short-term memory ... but I will bet that when he does re-enter the real world, there is going to be some question about what he knows or doesn't know. I can just picture some scenes with him being all buddy-buddy with Clark, only to turn to the camera with an angry look on his face after Clark leaves. Shiver!

It will be interesting to see what they have planned for the rest of the season. This ending was so dark and depressing that it made me think it should have been a season finale, instead of a regular December ep.

Kathy

lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Actually, Kathy, I'm thinking along the same lines as you but on an even bigger scale. I'm just not sure how they are going to keep this show going through the end of this season then at least one season more. Of course, they can focus on Lex's journey toward evil, which with Michael Rosenbaum's talent will be just amazing. But now that there should be no more Clark/Lana angst (crossing my fingers on that one), what in the world are they going to give Clark to do?

I will get pretty sick of this show if they go back to FOTWs again. I know he has a couple of superpowers left to obtain, but if they are sticking to the "no flights, no tights" commitment, that's one we'll never explore. After superhearing, what else is there?

So unless Clark goes off into the world, I just see him now outgrowing Smallville. I guess I'm just scared that they are going to revert to formula shows and Smallville will jump the shark. Then again, they've kept me enthralled so far so I guess I should have a little faith.

As for the Dean versus Tom debate, I can truly admit that if both men showed up at my door at the same time, I'd be faced with the Impossible Choice. I find them both so compelling but in completely different ways. Guess it's a good thing that I have a better chance of being struck by lightening after buying a winning multi-million dollar lottery ticket than this ever happening <g>. Not that I would mind wrestling with such a decision, of course, so Tom and/or Dean, if you're reading, my address is...

Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And CC, I think LabRat is hopelessly devoted to Dean Cain,
<snork>. Not...as such. <G> Now if Clark Kent turned up on my doorstep wrapped in a big red bow, you'd be talking. drool

LabRat (who, at a pinch, would accept Jack O'Neill instead...)

The Musketeers

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard