All-

It has come to my attention that there is a FoLC who is PMing unsolicited advice about proof reading, grammatical errors in posted fanfic, and even requests to please read a certain fic because it's not getting enough attention.

At this moment this STOPS!

I've had several members report the users doing this, one user is particularly very upset about the unsolicited criticism of her fanfic. It wasn't even constructive, just nip picking about grammar and such.

We are a friendly place to chat and post about fanfic. We've never had this issue and I do not want one to continue on the way it has been.

We all have our own opinions on how a fanfic should be written and/or beta-ed. However, not everyone has a beta available for them or maybe they feel that their writing is fine the way it is.

The proper way to offer your beta services is through the tread at the top of this specific topic. If they take you up on the offer, great! If they don't, it's it nor your place to tell them they should take you up on it.

Also, the PMs begging people to read a certain fanfic also need to stop. Real life situations are different for everyone and people need to understand that not everyone can get to every fanfic to read. Or maybe they tried your fanfic and it wasn't just their cup of tea and instead of being rude about it they choose just not to continue reading.

We pride ourselves on hosting a very friendly environment for all to enjoy. I'd like to keep it this way.

Please don't feel slighted or offended if someone doesn't agree with you. Just accept it and move along. That is all I ask.

If the PMs continue, the two FoLCs in question will be banned from the boards. I will not tolorate potential bullying, in any form, on this website.

If you have any questions please feel free to email me at amciotola @ gmail.com. PMing me will not always work because in my real life I'm dealing with health issues and medications that make me very sleepy. However, I do check my emails several times a day.

I know I burden Labby to run most of the issues that arise but even she thought that this best be better to go through me. Labby does a lot of work on these boards and I appreciate the work she puts into monitoring them. She is invaluable to all of us and I expected her to be treated as if you were speaking to me - please show her the respect she deserves. (I did not receive any complaints about that, I just want to be sure that you all know that I highly value her opinion - period.)

Ok, I'm stepping off my box. Again, any questions about this particular issue should be directed to me and will I try my best to answer your questions and alleviate your concerns.

Thank you!!

Last edited by amciotola; 07/24/17 02:35 PM.

Annette wink
Boards Chief Administrator

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993