Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#275196 05/02/17 11:46 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well, FoLCs, another Kerth Awards has come and gone. It was our first time running things, and we’d like to get some feedback from you. Kind of a “How’s Our Driving?” kind of thing. So this is your time to talk. Was there something you liked? Something you didn’t? Now’s the time to let us know, while it’s still fresh in your heads, so we know what to tweak or leave unchanged for next year, assuming you all want us back again next year. wink

Take The Survey

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Survey done. Great idea!

Definitely, totally, completely want you guys back again next year--you guys rocked it!!! smile
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
Top Banana
I liked the fact that the awards were held on Google Hangouts. It was so much easier to use than IRC.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, everyone! We loved being your Kcom and Hangouts definitely feels like a good "home" for the future, feedback depending, of course. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I took the survey and think Google Hangouts was a great place to have the ceremony! it was so easy to get into.

By the way DC, thanks for posting the transcript. dance

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks everyone for the replies. clap

We will be posting the results once we go through the results.

thumbsup

The poll will be closing Wednesday at midnight.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Well, FoLCs, another Kerth Awards has come and gone. It was our first time running things, and we’d like to get some feedback from you. Kind of a “How’s Our Driving?” kind of thing. So this is your time to talk. Was there something you liked? Something you didn’t? Now’s the time to let us know, while it’s still fresh in your heads, so we know what to tweak or leave unchanged for next year, assuming you all want us back again next year. wink

Take The Survey

Everyone was asked to provide feedback on the Kerths this year with our survey. Thank you to everyone that participated. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Below is the breakdown of the results from the survey. Hearing back from everyone really helps us to know what works and what doesn’t work. We’ve detailed the summary of the results below:

Pre-Kerth Activities:

Please Choose Your Favorite (or Favorites) of the Games Leading Up to the Kerths:

Category Quizzes: 10
Guess That Story: 10
Weekly Challenge: 5

KCOM Consensus: Keep Category / Guess that Story Quizzes and maybe change things up on the Weekly Challenge.

Are There Any Games You’d Like To See Added Next Year?

Suggestion:
Matching game?

KCOM Consensus: This is a definite possibility.

Did You Enjoy The Fanfiction Banners and Videos?

Yes: 15
No: 1

KCOM Consensus: The Banners and Videos are here to stay.

Kerth Categories

Which Categories Would You Remove?
Best Revelation:1
Best First Kiss: 0
Best Comedy: 1
Best O/C: 0
None: 13

KCOM Consensus: No categories will be removed.

Which Previously Used Categories (or New) Would You Like To Bring Back (or Add)?
Maybe a best villain category? Similar to best supporting, but the villains get a lot more fleshed out in fics than some do in the show. Might be fun.

I've selected some categories, but I would really be game for almost any of them. A lot would depend on how many stories we were to get. Some of the categories proposed (e.g., Best Early Years Story) I would love to have if there would be enough eligible stories to make the category meaningful. Others (e.g., short vs. long episode adaptation) might need to be combined into a single category. My one concern about the best series is what happens if an author writes a sequel to a story that had been written in a prior year. Would the author not have a crack at that category simply because their stories spanned more than one year? Or if they are allowed to have their stories count across years, then what happens if an authors writes one story in each of three different years? Would they be able to have more than one crack at the sequel category: one after the second story and another after the third?
5/2/2017 4:23 PM

Anything that could encourage new and creative ideas throughout the year of writing...
5/2/2017 4:04 PM

Actually, I'm okay with bringing back any of those categories. I'd love to see more categories so hopefully more stories could be recognized.
5/2/2017 11:14 AM

KCOM Consensus: We have calculated the votes and will see which categories we have stories for at the end of the year. We’re looking at splitting some of the categories based on length to help voters narrow their choices down a bit. A few categories we’re looking to bring back are:

Best Episode Adaptation
Best Drama
Best WAFFY
Best Relationship
Best Series (Any TWO or more stories published to the boards (or archived)related to one another in one year’s time. The series doesn’t get disqualified if it won in previous years and new stories are added to it. It’s judged on the series as a whole and the stories added to it (ie: Matchmaker Chronicles, Dagger, Through My Eyes, What the Hey, At First Sight….etc….All series examples)
Best Alt Univ/Best Elsewhere
Most Innovative Idea (A creative plot twist or untwist or idea that is out of the norm (ie: NK’s Unmasked, scifiJoan’s Mirror Mirror, CLeuch’s Mind’s Eye, or my Ghost From the Past, Ken’s Matchmaker Chronicles, Vicki’s Dying to Fit in….) All of these were different ideas and twists that were out of the normal scope.

New categories we’re currently looking at adding include:
Best Challenge Response
Best Villain
Best Supporting Character Story (story told from supporting character’s POV)

There are others on the list but those will be announced at the end of the year when we’ve seen the stories and know which categories we can use. We hear the comments about wanting to give other authors a chance but don’t like the idea of disqualifying stories because they’ve won a certain category so we will be rolling out a NEW category open to authors that have NOT won a Kerth previously. (Still working on a name) “Maiden” has been thrown around but not settled on yet. More to come on this. smile

Kerth Ceremony

My Favorite Part About the Kerths Was….

All of it!! XD ... But I loved the cameos the best I think. And those banners.
5/6/2017 7:01 PM

None. I could not get into Google Hangouts.
5/6/2017 3:47 PM

All of it
5/2/2017 9:46 PM

Unfortunately, I was unable to attend live ceremony. I loved having written transcript. Entire event appeared to be fantastic.
5/2/2017 7:13 PM

All the great cameos! Thanks for all the hard work in getting all those great guest stars to come. smile
5/2/2017 7:09 PM

That's hard to say, because there was so much I loved!
5/2/2017 4:25 PM

Didn't attend...but read the transcript. Loved all of the comedy sprinkled throughout.
5/2/2017 4:06 PM

The chat
5/2/2017 3:28 PM

The guest stars! What a hoot!
5/2/2017 3:06 PM
The presentations
5/2/2017 11:16 AM

All of it! I really had a great time!
5/2/2017 10:49 AM

KCOM Consensus: More of the same next year. We’re glad everyone had a great time.

Did you enjoy Google Hangouts?.

Yes: 11
No: 1

Could not get in. Please use IRC.
Didn't attend...but I think I would have enjoyed it.
Keep Hangouts

Comments From Kerth Chat

Deadly Chakram
Thanks, everyone!
NostalgiaKick
You are all keeping our fandom alive, and I for one appreciate that greatly
Mouserocks
also want to mention that i like the hangouts format. irc was easy enough to use, but this was even easier
Groobie
agreed...loved using Google Hangouts! Thank you for this!
Deadly Chakram
Glad you liked it!
Cuidadora
Yes, Google hangouts definitely trumps IRC.
Kissmatt
Poor IRC, its age is showing
Deadly Chakram
Yeah, unfortunately it does
And this gave us the option to post the banners too
NostalgiaKick
Poor old IRC is a dinosaur
Mouserocks
which was awesome and so very worth it
Cuidadora
The banners were awesome, as were the videos.
NostalgiaKick
Val did an incredible job with them
Mouserocks
i know! that's so cool that dean and teri responded to them too!
CLeuch
Want to thank everyone for the nominations. They are great incentive to keep the creative juices flowing
Deadly Chakram
Yes, they were incredibly cool to RT and respond to the vids!
Mouserocks
^absolutely

KCOM Consensus: Google Hangouts is here to stay. For those with issues with the Google Accounts we are willing to set up an anonymous Google Account you can use for the chats and ceremonies by emailing kcom@kerthawards.com, but considering the day and age we’re in and the need to change with the times to attract new fans that are just now discovering the show we need to make the chats easy to use.

Anything requiring payment or downloading software (which is what a lot of the options out there have) is counterproductive and not something many are going to be willing to use. A lot of the other ***free*** options out there limit the amount of people in the group which is not something we want for the Kerths. The more the merrier.

This is NOT up for discussion.

Every year there are complaints about getting kicked out of IRC or viruses or not being able to get in or download the software. This year there were NO complaints about getting kicked out of the chat. No questions other than setting up a Google account for those that needed it. (Which we’re more than willing to do for anyone that requests it)

**Kerths will no longer be on IRC. Please do not go on IRC expecting them to be there. Illustrated transcripts will be posted to both the Zoomway boards and the Lois and Clark Fanfiction Boards for viewing.**

My Favorite Guest Appearance Was...

The Prankster: 3
Tempus : 3
Lois Lane: 5
Clark Kent / Superman: 4
Cat Grant: 5
Perry White: 1
Other: 3

none

All of them

The Kerth award as discussed in Susan's one acceptance speech. (Tempus was my next favorite.)

Where Did You Get Your Kerth Information Updates?.

Facebook: 0
Twitter: 0
Lois and Clark Fanfiction Message Boards: 11
Other: 1

FF Archive and Zoomway's MBs

What Would You Like To See Done Different (or the Same) Next Year?

Definitely liked the hangouts format! Super easy to use. Would love to see the banners/videos continue, though I know it's a lot of effort. Maybe some more categories would be nice for next year, just because it felt almost short compared to years past. Assuming we have the stories to support it. smile
5/6/2017 7:01 PM

Not on Google Hangouts. Needs to be anonymous and easy to access.

Keep Hangouts, keep banners, add more categories.

Liked everything about it. I do like the idea of having short and long story categories.
5/2/2017 7:13 PM

The beginning of the year is a hectic time at my house, so I have very little time in the first few months of the year (3 birthdays). So, if we could start preparations earlier and have longer to vote.
5/2/2017 7:09 PM

Google Hangouts works much better than IRC. Keep it.
5/2/2017 6:45 PM

I loved the Kerth Ceremony and leadup as they were this year; the only thing I might change would be to add new categories as discussed in a previous question.

Would LOVE to have you all back again next year. Loved the creativity, and loved all of the great ideas. It was an amazing Kerth's season! smile

All of the above! This year's awards were fresh, fast and fun!
5/2/2017 3:06 PM

I love to see many stories recognized, and like that so many were in the nominations. I would wonder about having a super category, like Best Overall. The story that wins that would mean that the same story would not then get Best Short or Epic or whatever. That way, more stories could at least potentially win. If you add Best Revelation for less than 100K and Best Revelation for Over 100K, for example, then Best Revelation could also be a super category. That way three stories could win, instead of two. It might mean the story with the second most number of votes wins one of the subcategories. Of course I think all the authors who submit stories are winners, not just those nominated and who take home the award.
5/2/2017 11:16 AM

Repeat it all! It was fun!
5/2/2017 10:49 AM

This is the SUMMARY of the results received. The only thing added to these results are the KCOM Consensus.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard