Here are some selections (and punchlines) from out best comedy candidates:

#1:
He didn't manage to explain what was going to happen, because another knocking on the door begged for their attention. Four Kents and two H.G. Wells exchanged glances until Clark answered the door.

"What on earth is going on?" he cried as a third H. G. Wells took off his bowler hat and greeted him.

Not knowing what to think, he simply stepped aside and let the newest H.G Wells in, who seemed to be the youngest version of the famous author so far. The three time travelers stared at each other in shock.

"There has to be some mistake," the third Wells muttered, paling, while the second one took off his glasses to clean them vigorously.
Tempus seemed to shrink more with every accusation Wells threw at him. “I’m sorry, Herb,” he replied sheepishly. “It seemed like fun at the time. But now…”

Wells rolled his eyes in exasperation. “What is now?” he almost spat.

“Herb, they cancelled the show…”
#3:
At last, their work was done, just as Clark heard footsteps coming up the stairs. "Come on," he told the boy, "now!" They disappeared into the night, just as the door to the roof access opened.

The commissioner of the Gotham City Police Department frowned at the case files in his hand as he reached over to turn on the bat-signal. After a few seconds, he looked up into the sky, doing a double-take as he registered the shape of Mickey Mouse ears silhouetted against the clouds. "What on Earth--?" He sighed. "Every year with those two! At least now, I know why he sent Robin to Metropolis with a box of 'pixie dust'."
#4:
The man blinked a couple of times, then looked at Clark with an amused smile. “You must be Clark. I almost didn’t recognize you out of your colorful outfit.” Lois gave a strangled cough, the implication clear enough. The genie cocked an eyebrow and wordlessly looked at her for a moment, then turned back toward Clark. “If it’s any consolation, you’re hardly the first man to fall victim to an unintended wish.”

“Really?” Clark said, too overwhelmed at the moment to say much else. An already unusual situation was quickly descending into the surreal, and Clark had to fight the urge to pinch himself to confirm that he wasn’t just imagining things.

“Oh yes,” the genie replied. “Kings have been deposed, wars have been started, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg. You wouldn’t believe me if I told you some of the more infamous mistakes.”

Beside Clark, Lois crossed her arms across her chest and looked at the genie with disbelief. “After all that we’ve seen and heard, I think I’d believe about anything at this point,” she said, and Clark nodded absently.

The genie looked at her, sizing her up for a moment, then shook his head sadly. “The platypus,” he answered. “Tiny Tim. The Carter administration. Some guy got drunk in a bar and started munching on the house peanuts, then became curious as to what would happen if peanut farmer were made president. He was so embarrassed at the outcome, I don’t think he ever drank again after that night. Or ate peanuts.” The genie squinted and tilted his head as if lost in thought, then raised his eyebrows and looked back at his companions.

#5:
Clark sighed and repeated, “Thank God you’re all right.” Then the implications of what she’d said dawned on him. “So, you’re telling me that Nestor was able to smuggle the stolen goods out of country because he is …”
“That’s right. He’s a werehouse.”

"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."