Next Thread
Print Thread
#137089 01/29/14 01:48 AM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
A few of us have been discussing what Superman might wear under his boots and it got a few people intrigued by a revelation brought on by his socks.

The challenge is to write a revelation story where Superman takes off a piece of clothing and Lois recognizes him. Bonus points if it's his boots he takes off. The full suit should NOT be the piece that comes off however (pulling his shirt off/down is acceptable).

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#137090 01/29/14 05:46 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I see Lois thinking "I know I have seen that chest before..." after Superman has to pull off the top part of suit.

Where is the adhesive kryptonite dust when you need it? drool

Kathryn
#137091 01/29/14 07:30 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Kathryn84:
I see Lois thinking "I know I have seen that chest before..." after Superman has to pull off the top part of suit.

Where is the adhesive kryptonite dust when you need it? drool
I kind of did that with my Spark of Discovery fic. Superman is covered in Kdust and has to use Lois' shower. She's washing his suit when he's done. Without the suit, he starts to look familiar...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#137092 01/29/14 08:14 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
... Oh yes I forgot that, sorry.
Now as I think about that - i think there was a story where Clark was covered in Kryptonite dust they were in Lois apartment and there was a box - a delivery adressed to Superman

Kathryn
#137093 01/29/14 08:53 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've read several stories where Lois recognizes Superman as Clark by looking at his chest. I, personally, don't think that one look -- albeit a long drooling gander -- at Clark's chest would mean that Lois would be able to pick him out in a line-up though. Perhaps I just haven't seen that many males (in RL) with bared chests like his, but are they really all that unique? That would be like Clark recognizing Lois's dead body because she gave him a belly dance once and he saw her navel (although, technically, I believe her costume covered her navel). Recognizing someone from a distinctive tattoo or birthmark or /cough, cough/ mole seems more believable.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#137094 01/29/14 09:10 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I think combined with the similar hair, face and other things that could be the final clue for her. To be honest I haven't seen enough chests to tell if there is something to distinguish them.
Well I guess that was just my imagination running wild blush

:p

Kathryn
#137095 01/29/14 09:19 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, I think seeing SM without his costume, he would seem more like Clark than a naked SM, because of the total package (no pun intended), not because of just one body part specifically.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#137096 01/29/14 09:25 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just thinking though....really, how many bare chests would Lois really have seen btw seeing Clark's and then seeing Superman's? She definitely gets an up-close look at Clark's in the pilot--which would have to be burned into her memory drool --and besides Lex and Dan, really doesn't date anyone else throughout the show (and we know they are not built like Clark/Superman).

I can see her very fondly remembering Clark's from when they first met (come on, how could she not?!? blush ), and getting a sudden jolt of recognition in seeing Superman's....(not to mention, all of the other similar physical characteristics they both share, as mentioned previously)...

Laura drool

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
#137097 01/29/14 11:14 AM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
I think an added challenge to this should be that she CAN'T see the body part in question (the chest, for example). It has to be a piece of clothing on Superman that ties him and Clark together.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#137098 01/29/14 12:18 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
There lies the difficulty i think. The only pieces of clothing I can think of would be socks and briefs.

Kathryn
#137099 01/29/14 01:10 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There lies the difficulty i think. The only pieces of clothing I can think of would be socks and briefs.
I think, there-in lies the challenge. evil Maybe it's a piece of jewelry. A necklace or friendship bracelet from an adoring fan, which Clark can't untie without breaking it. A bit of face painting which he doesn't quite wash all away...

There's a great story (although I won't ruin it for those who haven't read it by naming which one it is) where Lois discovers Superman's identity from smelling her perfume on him after spending the night with Clark. And Sue S's terrific Kerth winning series The Whole Truth and And Nothing but the Truth , where Clark gives himself away in the most unintentional of ways. (I won't say more). In my stories, Another Day and Another Day, Different View Clark reveals himself without removing his clothes (until he does, in the Nfic version 'Trade Secret' [Linked Image]).

Perhaps the obvious piece of clothing (his glasses) should also be banned from this challenge. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
#137100 02/01/14 01:30 PM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Undershirt? Clark wears a lot of muscle shirts.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#137101 02/01/14 02:35 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
To me, the obvious article of clothing would be one of Clark's distinctive ties. If Lois somehow wound up seeing Superman in one, it's game over for Clark. Of course, the challenge would be finding a reason for Superman to be wearing the tie. Now, if the tie happened to be peaking out of the cape pocket that Clark's clothes are stored in, and Lois just happened to see it...

Joy,
Lynn

#137102 02/03/14 03:34 PM
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Undershirt? Clark wears a lot of muscle shirts
For which I, for one, am grateful drool

I remember reading a story on the archive where Lois tries to confirm that Clark is Superman by getting a look at his boxer shorts, but for the life of me I can't remember the title or who wrote it.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
#137103 02/03/14 09:07 PM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally posted by NostalgiaKick:
I remember reading a story on the archive where Lois tries to confirm that Clark is Superman by getting a look at his boxer shorts, but for the life of me I can't remember the title or who wrote it.
I read that one (again) recently. It's Superman\'s Shower by Carol M.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#137104 03/16/14 03:32 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
LOIS: Hey, aren't those socks the same as I gave Clark to match his ties?

CLARK: Um, uh, well, uh, you know how Clark does my laundry? Yeah he, uh, mixed up one of the loads… huh

Actually, the "Clark Kent does Superman's laundry" schtick could make this challenge really funny.

Oh, here's a twist - Clark ran out of underwear because he's way behind on laundry and grabbed the Superman briefs for the day… just gotta figure out why Lois would be seeing CLARK in his underwear!

rotflol

#137105 03/18/14 07:36 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I always figured that the red briefs were part of the pants. I suppose he might have red under-briefs as well, though.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard