Next Thread
Print Thread
#136768 09/30/13 06:09 AM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
The challenge is simple. Lois and Mayson are the same person. Either Lois is actually at the planet as a disguise for some investigation, and she really is an assistant DA named Mayson Drake, or Mayson Drake is a disguise Lois is using.

This actually would explain why Mayson so vocally dislikes Superman. If you are Lois Lane, Superman's number 1 fan, what better disguise than to denounce him as a vigilante?

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper I like this idea. What if Clark started working at the Planet first, and Lois got stuck as HIS partner? (how could he fly off to be Superman with a *partner*?) Of course, you could also have Lois’s true identity be Mayson Drake and Lois Lane is her alter ego (yet, her true personality, with Mayson Drake her Mad Dog type personality used to go after Superman), she’s using to get information on some story being investigated by Clark.

I can picture Mayson getting a pile of Superman related paperwork (cases dismissed due to lack of Miranda rights, failure to give statements, extra lawsuits due to property damage) to deal with right before meeting Clark, her witness, which is why she's grumbling about hating Superman so much.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Hmm, Lois Lane and Mayson Drake being the same person.

Pam Jernigan has a tale on the archive "Just Like That" where Lois wakes up to find herself in another body, a blonde one.
The face in the mirror wasn't her face. The woman looking back
at her was blond, with blue eyes, high cheekbones, thin lips --
an attractive face ... but most definitely not the face of Lois
Lane, Ace Reporter. Not even plastic surgery could do this, could
it? And a quick pull verified that she was wearing no wig.
Suppose Tempus had dumped this blonde Lois, into another 'Verse?

Or you could go Freaky Friday and have Lois and Mayson swap places and then dump her into another 'Verse.

Or have them briefly merge consciousness so each one knows what the other knows, and has felt what the other felt.

I can picture Mayson, post merge, looking at Lois and saying "How is it with everything you've been through you haven't realized that Clark is Superman?"

Framework4
Kerth
Kerth
smile1

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
So... Lois gets blown away and Mayson and Clark live happily ever after?

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I can't think of the name of the story, but Clark had more of multiple personality disorder than a secret identity. (great story btw) Clark didn't know he was Superman until Lois told him and convinced him. I could see something similar for Lois here.

Shallowford
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by SJH:
So... Lois gets blown away and Mayson and Clark live happily ever after?
Or Lois decides she likes being a reporter more than an ADA, and so she fakes her own death at the end of Lucky Leon.

Hmm, then Lois would have to pretend to be jealous of what Dan discovers of Mayson having had a real big crush on Clark.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard