Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#136155 03/25/13 11:38 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I've recently been reminded of one of my favorite things of all time: Dr. Horrible\'s Sing-a-long Blog!!! We watched it in class the other day last week (which totally made my day because I had forgotten all about it!) and I have watched it eleven times since. (For those of you who are unfamiliar with the definition of "obsessive-compulsive", this is it. cool ) If you have not seen it, please do check it out. It's on Netflix, only 43 minutes long, and has a ton of my favorite people in it. But the point of this is it's gotten me inspired and I'd like to throw this challenge out there for you all.

Write the origin story for one of our Lois and Clark villains, in the manner of Dr. Horrible (or whatever manner you choose, I'm not that picky). I'm basically looking for an anti-hero arc, however you can get it to me. laugh If anyone knows of such a story, let me know too, because again, I'm on a villain's kick.

Any villains acceptable (though I would definitely like to see someone come up with one for Lex and Tempus).

-- Mouserocks wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#136156 03/25/13 12:44 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I love Dr. Horrible! clap He's such a loveable villain!

If there was ever a villain story that needed to be written I would say Bob Stanford (aka Deathstroke) is the one to write. I don't know if the character is from comics canon, but he has such a romantic relationship with Carol, I'd say that would be one to write.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#136157 03/25/13 06:43 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Ooh! I'd definitely be interested in that too, Virginia! I really can't think of any stories on here where we see the villain actually *become* a villain. I think it would be an interesting take on the usual Lois and Clark stories we get here. I would write one myself but I've still got too many other projects I wanna work on. laugh I might still do one eventually... but I wanna read one while I'm still on a kick.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#136158 04/19/13 07:12 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
If there was ever a villain story that needed to be written I would say Bob Stanford (aka Deathstroke) is the one to write. I don't know if the character is from comics canon, but he has such a romantic relationship with Carol, I'd say that would be one to write.
There is a comics character known as Deathstroke the Terminator, but his name is Slade Wilson. It doesn't seem to be the same guy, so I've always wondered why the re-used the name.

I'd like to see the origin of the Prankster. If I'm remembering right, when he showed up on the show he had just escaped (or been released?) from prison after Lois got him arrested 5 years prior. What did he do back then that Lois caught him for? Was that his debut?

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#136159 04/19/13 08:18 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
I'd like to see the origin of the Prankster. If I'm remembering right, when he showed up on the show he had just escaped (or been released?) from prison after Lois got him arrested 5 years prior. What did he do back then that Lois caught him for? Was that his debut?
In the Prankster, Lois says:
"my first big story was an expose on the illegal arms business. It led to the FBI arresting 12 people. Kyle was at the top of that list."
Later on, they mention that Kyle Griffin had followed in his father's footsteps, and he had been a nuclear physicist (before becoming a toymaker), so Kyle must have gone into nuclear physics. Since they got this information from Kyle's parole officer means he was released on good behavior.

I'd like to see Lois and Clark's first meeting and capture of Bad Brain Johnson ('Don't Tug on Superman's Cape') and Prof. Jefferson Cole ('People vs. Lois Lane' and 'Dead Lois Walking') getting booted from STAR Labs and the investigation Lois and Clark did on him.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#136160 04/19/13 09:13 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Just imagining Lex's first attempt to join the Evil League of Evil - "What do you mean, you've rejected my application because Bad Horse says 'neigh?'"

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#136161 04/19/13 01:52 PM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Thanks, Virginia. I knew I was forgetting something there. So was Griffen Prankster-y the first time around?

(More and more I'm getting the feeling that I need to re-watch a bunch of episodes.)

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#136162 04/19/13 02:29 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Virginia. I knew I was forgetting something there. So was Griffen Prankster-y the first time around?
I don't think so, otherwise Lois would have thought of him when they were trying to figure out who the Prankster could be. Kyle Griffen becomes the Prankster after spending 5 years in jail, plotting his revenge against Lois.

More and more I'm getting the feeling that I need to re-watch a bunch of episodes.
Oh, the torture! [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
#136163 04/19/13 06:55 PM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Oh, the torture! [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
rotflol

How will I ever survive? laugh

#136164 04/24/13 12:40 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
[b] I'd like to see the origin of the Prankster. If I'm remembering right, when he showed up on the show he had just escaped (or been released?) from prison after Lois got him arrested 5 years prior. What did he do back then that Lois caught him for? Was that his debut?
In the Prankster, Lois says:
"my first big story was an expose on the illegal arms business. It led to the FBI arresting 12 people. Kyle was at the top of that list."
Later on, they mention that Kyle Griffin had followed in his father's footsteps, and he had been a nuclear physicist (before becoming a toymaker), so Kyle must have gone into nuclear physics. Since they got this information from Kyle's parole officer means he was released on good behavior.

I'd like to see Lois and Clark's first meeting and capture of Bad Brain Johnson ('Don't Tug on Superman's Cape') and Prof. Jefferson Cole ('People vs. Lois Lane' and 'Dead Lois Walking') getting booted from STAR Labs and the investigation Lois and Clark did on him. [/b]
I have to agree that Bad Brain Johnson really is a character it would be interesting to know more about. His story would even be a good one for the A-plot challenge.

John Pack Lambert
#136165 04/25/13 06:20 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I have to agree that Bad Brain Johnson really is a character it would be interesting to know more about. His story would even be a good one for the A-plot challenge.
FYI, Sue S. did quite a bit of this in her excellent fic Faustian Bargain . Try to read the nfic version if you can.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard