Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#135916 01/02/13 11:16 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
(Since this time of year is marathon season for me...)

I've been watching a bunch of tv shows and movies, and thought a few of these shows would either make good crossovers or be great just mashed into the structure of LnC in general. Some of these have probably been suggested before, but I thought I'd toss some ideas out there for someone to pick up and run awawy with... Also feel free to add more suggestions of your own. These are things I'd like to see written/to read.

1. Alias (either adopting the undercover lives of the characters and transferring it to LnC characters, or somehow entangling them together)

2. Castle (I know for a fact that this has been mentioned somewhere before, but don't actually know if anything came of it)

3. How I Met Your Mother (could be Clark telling the story of how he met Lois, or someone else telling the story)

4. Heroes (everyone else on the planet suddenly gets different powers, making Superman not so super anymore by comparison, "normalizing" him)

5. Firefly (no clue, but please? smile1

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#135917 01/03/13 01:13 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Not L&C, but one of my Supergirl Returns series is a Supergirl / Castle / Hancock / Batteries Not Included crossover.

Adventures in Baby-Sitting

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#135918 01/03/13 01:18 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I'm sure there's a way to morph Big Bang Theory into Bernie Klein: The Younger Years.

Shallowford
#135919 01/03/13 01:22 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I've never seen any of the shows you mentioned, much less read any crossovers with them, but I wrote a sort-of crossover with the original Star Trek called The First Fanfic .

Joy,
Lynn

#135920 01/03/13 06:16 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Castle's one of my favorite shows currently on tv!

If I'm not mistaken at least one of the writers that used to work on Lois and Clark is currently a writer over on Castle. I also vaguely remember hearing a quote about how they are similar (and referenced it WAY more than Moonlighting.)

I'm not sure if I could imagine a crossover between the two but it might be worth a shot. The character dynamics are reminiscent of each other.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#135921 01/03/13 12:25 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
On my long term story to-do list, I have a plan to do a crossover between LnC and Wonderfalls . Since I know this to be a relatively unknown show (1 season back in 2004) my plan is to generate the story in a way that will assume no knowledge of that series by LnC fans.

Wonderfalls is a great – slightly quirky – show. The single season is a complete self-contained story arc that comes to a clear conclusion. If you like shows that are fun and a little off-the-wall, I highly recommend watching the 13 episodes.

Bob

#135922 01/03/13 10:24 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
I've never seen any of the shows you mentioned, much less read any crossovers with them
thumbsup Loved it.

--Mark Twain
#135923 01/03/13 10:28 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Christina:
Castle's one of my favorite shows currently on tv!

If I'm not mistaken at least one of the writers that used to work on Lois and Clark is currently a writer over on Castle. I also vaguely remember hearing a quote about how they are similar (and referenced it WAY more than Moonlighting.)

I'm not sure if I could imagine a crossover between the two but it might be worth a shot. The character dynamics are reminiscent of each other.
Mine too! I didn't know that about the LnC writer, but it wouldn't surprise me-- they have such a similar feel to them! I agree on the crossover being difficult, but would be well worth it to see if done right! To me, Castle and Beckett are kind of like Clark and Lois reincarnate. laugh Fun all around.

--Mark Twain
#135924 01/03/13 10:30 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by bobbart:
On my long term story to-do list, I have a plan to do a crossover between LnC and Wonderfalls . Since I know this to be a relatively unknown show (1 season back in 2004) my plan is to generate the story in a way that will assume no knowledge of that series by LnC fans.

Wonderfalls is a great – slightly quirky – show. The single season is a complete self-contained story arc that comes to a clear conclusion. If you like shows that are fun and a little off-the-wall, I highly recommend watching the 13 episodes.
Have to look into this. Never heard of it, but maybe it's on Netflix. Look forward to your fic!

--Mark Twain
#135925 01/03/13 10:38 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Shallowford:
I'm sure there's a way to morph Big Bang Theory into Bernie Klein: The Younger Years.
rotflol Oh, please do! I would love that too!

--Mark Twain
#135926 01/03/13 10:39 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
Not L&C, but one of my Supergirl Returns series is a Supergirl / Castle / Hancock / Batteries Not Included crossover.

Adventures in Baby-Sitting
Have to check this out! I knew somebody said they wanted to work in Castle somewhere before!

--Mark Twain
#135927 01/06/13 05:39 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I can beat out the previous "not seen any" claim. Of the shows mentioned, I have only ever seen any of Star Treck, one episode of "Big Bang Theory" (and I don't think I saw all of it, I was eating dinner at a diner where they had it on the TV), and if the Hancock mentioned is the 2008 film, I have seen that, but that is it.

John Pack Lambert
#135928 01/06/13 05:47 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
How about a mash-up with Once Upon A Time? Clark as Charming/David and Lois as Snow/Mary Margaret - soulmates who *always* find each other again. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#135929 01/09/13 12:46 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I had started a Castle-L&C crossover story a couple of years back but never finished it. The series had just taken a dramatic turn and I was left going into a summer with the 'return' of the partnership up in the air as to the direction it would take.

Now things have settled into a more accessible pattern and I might be tempted to give it another try. (Only my incredible laziness when it comes to writing stands in the way).

I think Castle in many respects is what we all wished Lois and Clark could have been. Both series did/do the relationship (or the 'B' plots) aspects of the shows very well. But I have to give it to the writers of Castle when it comes to the main storyline. The crime plot has always been engaging and entertaining. Whereas sometimes the main storyline on Lois and Clark could get a bit silly (even allowing for the fantasy aspect of the show).

The biggest hurdle to writing a crossover is my own competence. I 'know' Lois Lane. I get her, I've had decades of experience with Lois Lane at many levels. I not sure I can be that comfortable with Kate Beckett. She has a lot of 'Lois Lane' in her but she's not just a cop version of Lois and I wouldn't want to portray her that way.

I'll have to mull this over for a while and see if I've got one more left in me.

Tank (who is currently indulging himself in the DVD sets frome the Castle series which he recently acquired... except for season one... that one has escaped him for the time being)

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard