Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
I just received a spam purporting to be from a long-lost friend (who didn't even know my name, but that's another story...) Anyway, it included a sentence with the phrase, "Do you remember how we..." I was thinking about how powerful a phrase that is, and how it could be used both for reminiscing with someone dear about times long past and for simply solving a case.

So here's the story challenge: Write a story in which the phrase is used, preferably at a pivotal moment.

Joy,
Lynn

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
I just received a spam purporting to be from a long-lost friend. (who didn't even know my name, but that's another story...) Anyway, it included a sentence with the phrase, "Do you remember how we..." I was thinking about how powerful a phrase that is, and how it could be used both for reminiscing with someone dear about times long past and for simply solving a case.

So here's the story challenge: Write a story in which the phrase is used, preferably at a pivotal moment.

Joy,
Lynn
OMG, that ties in rather perfectly to one of the stories I have in the works. It's supposed to be nfic but I'll see if I can find some way to tone it down for gfic if I get it to postable status.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Christina:
OMG, that ties in rather perfectly to one of the stories I have in the works. It's supposed to be nfic but I'll see if I can find some way to tone it down for gfic if I get it to postable status.
Serendipity. smile

Thanks for seeing if you can write a version to post on the gfic side. I don't read nfic, but I'd love to give your story a try if you are able to gfic-ize it.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard