Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This is an idea I've been toying with for some time now. Let's call it a new game.

Lara Joelle Kent told me how much she liked this idea and so we decided to give it a try. The title should already hint at what I have in mind. Ever since I saw that story of Anna B the Greek - "What a fish knows", I wondered if it wouldn't be fun to write stories from (very)alternate POVs and let the others guess who's telling the story.

I hope you'll enjoy this first shot.

Disappointment

I don’t think I had ever seen a real smile before the old lady looked at me, thoughtfully. And suddenly her face seemed to gleam as the wrinkles close to her eyes deepened while all the others disappeared miraculously. She looked so much younger that I wasn’t even sure it was the same lady. It was as if she tried to compensate me for all the furrowed brows I had seen over the years. In that very moment I was sure that my life was going to change and everything would be so much better from then on. How naïve!

I wouldn’t have believed it if anyone had told me that any smile would impress me more than the lady’s smile. I guess I fell in love with him as soon as I saw him for the very first time. His gorgeous brown eyes, his soft lips and his warm, tender hands – everything about him was just perfect. And as he was all smiles I found myself on cloud nine. He looked at me as if I was beautiful, adorable. That had never really happened before, not even with the lady.

I had so often dreamed of the man I was going to spend my life with, full of hope. And I had been afraid not to find him. But now he was mine, more real than I had ever dared imagine. I felt his warmth through his shirt and happily snuggled against him. While I enjoyed being so close to him, I could barely believe that life had blessed me so much. Our first evening was already great and so many were going to follow. Like a magic spell I started whispering his name. The lady had said it – Clark. Clark. Clark. I loved that name.

Later it happened, my first time. I had always been a bit afraid of that first glance into the mirror. But we were just a perfect match. I wondered why so many others had laughed at me scornfully when I had dreamed of that moment. They had said that I was going to be disappointed, shocked even. Until the old lady had smiled at me, I had believed them, had believed that I was going to be a lonesome old maid or anything like that. Those fools, I thought with grim satisfaction.

Things were different. If only they could see me as Clark’s hand was caressing me. I couldn’t have been more comfortable with my position. I was convinced that nothing would ever be strong enough to part us. We were meant for each other. But I should have known that even the best dream had to end and that reality would show its ugly face.

My reality returned in a spinning whirl that made me extremely dizzy. I tried to clutch at Clark’s shirt, but something was pulling me off of him. I guess that I must have lost conscious somehow, because when I came to I realized that all the nice smells of the house were gone. The soft music and the happy laughter had vanished into nothingness.

Instead, it was freezing cold. And even worse – I was high above the ground. Maybe I hadn’t even noticed that particular disaster if I hadn’t been so foolish to look down. I couldn’t do anything but cling to what had to be the rest of Clark’s suit. I closed my eyes tightly and prayed that the nightmare was going to end sooner rather than later. The flight, or whatever it was, went by, eventually.

The nightmare, however, remained as terrible as it had been before. While I was shivering with cold and fear, Clark brought me into another house. He obviously lived in an apartment. It was a brief but happy moment, when I expected in my harebrained mind that the two of us were going to live here, sharing this flat as our private paradise. But right as he smiled as me just as enchanting as before, he broke my heart.

How naïve had I been to belief that I would be the only one, someone special. There were others, an uncountable amount of others. I met them with disbelief. I tried to convince myself that he liked me best, although he was smiling at all of them in the same heart-melting manner. Before I knew what was happening to me, I was just a part of his harem, bound to wait that one day he would chose me.

But I’m not going to give up so easily. My day will come. And then it will me casting a spell on him. He will no longer be the one to chose, he will be mine!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Top Banana
Top Banana
Me bad guesser

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
That was a very interesting story from an even more perplexing perspective. I had an idea about 1/2 way through and didn't see anything else more likely (although a couple of spots make me doubt I have the right answer), but I'm going to take a guess.

And the answer is....Clark's first pair of eye glasses - the heavy, horn-rimmed black ones.

The old lady has to be Martha and the fact that it becomes one of many in a harem - LOL! Very cute story idea.

Of course, I could be totally wrong.

BJ

ETA: Oh, dang! I just saw the other thread. Sorry if I posted in the wrong place and ... rats, it looks like my guess was wrong.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm going to guess a tie.

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard