Next Thread
Print Thread
#129914 07/11/05 01:38 PM
Y
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Y
There are far too few WAFFy stories being written now. Everything is too angsty for my tastes! What ever happened to sweet revelations with lots of kissing? Or what about an episode extension fic that adds that . . . something extra (like a romantic smoochie?).

We all know that I love WAFFy stories, and they are pretty much the only thing I write. However, since I am retired (or at least taking a hiatus), I feel that there is a massive downward slope in the number of purely WAFFy fics being written and posted.

Thus, I challenge all of you angst-writers to write a story with very little plot and *lots* of smoochies.

The more smoochies, the better! And I want the story to be so sickeningly-sweet, even us non-diabetics might need insulin!

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#129915 07/11/05 07:04 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
My God Laura... you are evil!

You want agst writers to write waffy stories???

Hmmm... maybe only for you... I can give it a try wink

MDL. laugh

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
#129916 09/13/05 04:52 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
My goodness, I'm behind on reading posts on these mbs. :p I noticed this challenge and the response was posted clear back in July. Is this challenge still "open"? I'd like to take it on, if it is! I don't know that I'm really considered an "angst writer" (though my last fic Long Road Home weighing in at about 1.3 meg could probably be considered somewhat angsty), but do I qualify?

Just wondered, cause I think I have what could be a fun idea. smile

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
#129917 09/13/05 04:59 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Challenges don't have a closing date, Erin, so go for it. smile1

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#129918 09/13/05 06:28 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Looking forward for your WAFFy idea, Erin! smile1 You know I love your stories! clap clap clap By the way, when will it be on the Archive? spider

Andreia laugh

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#129919 09/13/05 06:39 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Whew! Glad to hear there are no expiration dates on challenges. I just got started on the fic, and since it won't be long (after all, that's part of the challenge, right? wink ) I hope to be done in the next couple of days.

As for this:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ultra Woman:
<strong> You know I love your stories! Long Road Home was a delicious mix of angsty and WAFFy! hyper I just recently finished tweaking a few things and adding a couple of new scenes, and then submitted it to the archive a couple of weeks ago. As we speak, it's going through the GE process. Thanks for asking! smile

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
#129920 09/13/05 09:09 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
adding a couple of new scenes
New scenes!!! smile1 hyper jump

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#129921 09/14/05 09:31 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
A NEW story plus a couple of new scenes for "Long Road Home"! smile1

Looking forward your post,

simona smile

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard