Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Without any feasible way of making this idea work, I'd love to read a fic where somebody recognizes Superman as Clark Kent, but instead of revealing Clark to be his secret identity, they think Clark Kent was body snatched. It could be a childhood friend, or long lost family member, or even Lois or someone he works with. The reaction just needs to be more along the lines of Jason Trask than anything else. Would they confront Clark? Would they still believe they're two different people, but maybe Superman is trying to take over Clark's life? Would they wonder how long Clark's been a pod person? How could Clark prove he is who he's said he is all along? He definitely acts suspicious...

Just setting the idea down over here. And walking away casually. peep

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hmmm... Sounds like it could be an alt-take on IGYUMS. Undoubtedly, it would be an improvement on the original.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooooh, this has potential! What if someone tried to "help" Clark by exorcising Superman out of him?

EDIT: I just re-read the challenge and realized I was picturing it wrong. It's still awesome to think of someone believing that Superman has disposed of the real Mr. Kent; I may have to ruminate on this...

Last edited by Queen of the Capes; 10/07/17 04:41 PM.

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ralph would be the perfect person for this.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Oooooh, this has potential! What if someone tried to "help" Clark by exorcising Superman out of him?

EDIT: I just re-read the challenge and realized I was picturing it wrong. It's still awesome to think of someone believing that Superman has disposed of the real Mr. Kent; I may have to ruminate on this...

No! Your original take works too! I think it'd be an awesome fic either way you'd decide to take it... hint hint... This was vaguely inspired by DC's fic "Embracing the Darkness" where I jumped too far down the line in my head to wonder what Chen (or a longlost childhood best friend of Clark's) would think if they met many years into the future, and thought Superman was actually Clark. The glasses thing could trip him too, hence the jump into eek! aliens! territory and the assumption that Clark must be either dead or missing, as the Clark that (Chen) grew up with didn't wear glasses and didn't have powers, so this must be an imposter.

But I'd love a scene where Lois ties her partner Clark to her bed to exercise him... I mean EXORCISE him... *cough* angel-devil

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard