Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Welcome to Double Dare! Here are the basic rules:

Post a fic-dare to a FoLC of your choice.

If that FoLC takes your dare, s/he can "double dare" YOU to write a fic for *them*. PLUS, they can dare someone ELSE to write a fic.

If that person takes the dare, they double-dare whoever dared them, and the cycle begins anew for some other FoLC. *g*

Does this all make sense?

It's a bit like a cross between a ficathon and a pyramid scheme.

Just so we're clear, s/he who dares MUST take their double-dare, or the 'contract' is null and void.

So, with a deep breath and some uncertainty about my future...

CAROLM. I Dare You to write a short fic in which Lois has a "Reserved for Lois Lane" sign on one of her undercover/stakeout spots. wink

Let the games begin. laugh

~•~
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
HEY!

I thought it was generic 'whoever says they want it first gets dibs' thing.

Like 'hey FoLCs - someone write a fic with a 'reserved for lois lane' sign at her favorite spot'.

Then whoever dibs it would dare you specifically and FoLCdom in general with their 'double' dare...

I think it's really just a way to get me to write that fic wink .

Carol

Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Originally posted by carolm:
HEY!

I thought it was generic 'whoever says they want it first gets dibs' thing.

Like 'hey FoLCs - someone write a fic with a 'reserved for lois lane' sign at her favorite spot'.

Then whoever dibs it would dare you specifically and FoLCdom in general with their 'double' dare...
Eh, but then it would just be more like a "challenge", and we all know the rate at which those get answered. :p This seems more confrontational and thus likely to get results. wink
I think it's really just a way to get me to write that fic wink .

Carol
Is it working? wink (And you do get a doubledare, of course *g*)

~•~
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
This seems like a pretty cool idea! I'd like to try it out, but since I don't come here nearly often enough, I'm not sure who I should dare. Maybe, somebody could dare me first? smile1 So, does anybody want to dare me? I'd like to write more LnC fanfic, so I'm open to any dares.

Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Lois_Lane_Fan:
This seems like a pretty cool idea! I'd like to try it out, but since I don't come here nearly often enough, I'm not sure who I should dare. Maybe, somebody could dare me first? smile1 So, does anybody want to dare me? I'd like to write more LnC fanfic, so I'm open to any dares.
Hooray! A victim---I mean, a participant. ^^ Since Carol hasn't taken her dare, you can have it if you want it. Or, if you don't want a "used dare", then I can come up with something fresh. smile

So now, as you write your fic, you get to dare me AND someone else. laugh

Most of use are pretty good writers around here, so if you don't know who to dare, just cruise the screennames and pick anyone at random. wink

~•~
Kerth
Kerth
Yes, but also pm or email the person you dare - not everybody looks what's new in here regularly.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:
[b] This seems like a pretty cool idea! I'd like to try it out, but since I don't come here nearly often enough, I'm not sure who I should dare. Maybe, somebody could dare me first? smile1 So, does anybody want to dare me? I'd like to write more LnC fanfic, so I'm open to any dares.
Hooray! A victim---I mean, a participant. ^^ Since Carol hasn't taken her dare, you can have it if you want it. Or, if you don't want a "used dare", then I can come up with something fresh. smile

So now, as you write your fic, you get to dare me AND someone else. laugh

Most of use are pretty good writers around here, so if you don't know who to dare, just cruise the screennames and pick anyone at random. wink [/b]
Since Carol didn't accept it, I'll take the original dare.

I do have a few questions, though. How long should these fanfics be? Would you like to make up a minimum length requirement? Also, should I post my dares now or after my fanfic is finished?

Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
Yes, but also pm or email the person you dare - not everybody looks what's new in here regularly.
I'll remember to do this. Thanks.

Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer

I do have a few questions, though. How long should these fanfics be? Would you like to make up a minimum length requirement?
Nah, no length requirement. You can pretty much write any length or style, unless someone specifies otherwise in their dare. smile

Also, should I post my dares now or after my fanfic is finished?
Go ahead and post dares now. ^^ If you need time to think of good ones, though, that's okay too. smile

~•~
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
[qb]
I do have a few questions, though. How long should these fanfics be? Would you like to make up a minimum length requirement?
Nah, no length requirement. You can pretty much write any length or style, unless someone specifies otherwise in their dare. smile
OK. smile

Go ahead and post dares now. ^^ If you need time to think of good ones, though, that's okay too. smile
I finally thought up one dare, so I'll give it to you now. The other one will have to wait until I can think of something else.

Queen of the Capes: I dare you to write a short story set the day after the ending of the episode "Neverending Battle." Lois overhears Cat gossiping about the prank Clark played on her and making fun of her, causing Lois to get into a verbal argument with Cat.

Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
And Here You Go . I hope it's up to par. smile

~•~
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
And Here You Go . I hope it's up to par. smile
Wow, you finished that up pretty quickly. Thanks. smile This makes me feel a little bad that I'm not finished with your story yet.

Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
This makes me feel a little bad that I'm not finished with your story yet
Eh, don't be. Sometimes I get superhuman speed. *g* It's a gift, I guess.

~•~
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Um, did I mention I forgot all about this? However, I shall ponder it and see what I can come up with before ficathon starts...

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
It looks like this has faded out so I'd like to revise this and throw it out there again. In order to dare someone (and be dared back) you throw out 5-10 concepts/storylines that are sitting unfinished on your computer. Here's my list:

1) Lois dreams of a chocolate bath, Clark is only too happy to provide. Married Lois/Clark (nfic)

2) Lois and Clark accidentally trade superpowers again, making Lois Ultra Woman. This time it goes a little longer. As Lois has a more difficult time hiding her emotions than Clark does as Superman, someone has been spreading rumors that Clark is cheating on Lois with Ultra Woman (a reversal of "Sex, Lies and Videotape"). The men in Clark's circle applaud him for his taste in women. Lois is not amused and they set out to fix this issue. (was to be nfic, but might be able to be cut down to PG or so).

3) Instead of sticking around the office during the photo shoot of PML, Lois and Clark "Play Hooky" and write finish their articles elsewhere, thus they don't get sprayed with the compound.

4) Lois and Clark talk on the phone about their respective intimate experiences in the past. Post-"Virtually Destroyed". (is being written as nfic, but it can be more soft-R if preferred.)

5) PML doesn't happen. Instead Miranda and Luthor test it in the slightly more controlled environment of the Honeymoon Suite. (nfic so far but I might be able to cut it back to PG)

6) Clark isn't the only one with special abilities (at least when it come to telepathy/telempathy). After "Contact" Lois was more receptive to his telepathy (that he didn't know he had at the time). Following their marriage Lois and Clark are sent by Perry to a "couples meditation" where they discover that Lois can also send messages to Clark.

7) Lois ties Clark up with his favorite tie. Post-revelation nfic.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:

6) Clark isn't the only one with special abilities (at least when it come to telepathy/telempathy). After "Contact" Lois was more receptive to his telepathy (that he didn't know he had at the time). Following their marriage Lois and Clark are sent by Perry to a "couples meditation" where they discover that Lois can also send messages to Clark.

I think this isn't actually that far of a stretch. It was kind of alluded to that they had a special, almost telepathic, bond. In HIWTHI, there's that scene where Lois and Clark connect while he's in the coma, which brings him out of it. And in LoTF, Clark knows, with certainty, that Lois is thinking about/to him while he's being whisked away to NK and Lois is at her window.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard