Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#135474 08/24/12 01:01 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What if Wayne Irig had come across a big chunk of red Kryptonite instead of green K during GGGoH? What kind of reaction would Clark have to that exposure? (A drunk, flirtatous Clark might be fun for us, not Lois.) How would finding Trask at the Irig's Farm change? (I can totally see Trask holding up the red K. and Clark getting a fit of giggles and punching his lights out.)

What would the long term effects to the canon be?

HoL - (Red K cage just increases his powers and ticks Clark off?)

Madame Ex - (Shot with a Red K bullet and he no long cares if Lois likes him?)

Metallo - (Turns Johnny Corbin into a good guy vigilante too? Lois jealous that Lucy has hooked up with a hero and she couldn't?)

Top Copy - (Makes Superman passionate -aka PML Lois?)

Which would leave his first exposure to Green K until Individual Responisbility. evil

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#135475 08/24/12 01:07 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Some fun ideas.

You might want to read this thread for some additional ones.

Joy,
Lynn

#135476 08/24/12 01:40 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
Some fun ideas.

You might want to read this thread for some additional ones.

Joy,
Lynn
Thanks, Lynn, I remembered that thread, but I thought it only dealt with HoL, I didn't remember that GGGoH was mentioned.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#135477 08/24/12 02:21 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
GGGoH only received a passing mention in that thread, but I thought some interesting ideas were brought up in it, nevertheless -- ones that could be adapted to GGGoH.

Joy,
Lynn, who is indulging in being on the MB one last weekend before classes start

#135478 08/24/12 02:30 PM
Kerth
Kerth
dizzy Wouldn't fly. laugh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#135479 08/25/12 02:07 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh! Those sound like a lot of fun.
For drunk Clark in Smallville, I can also recommend Green Fever by Jenn, over on the dark side.
Superstud by MLT is also always worth a mention.

So, who's gonna do the Kryptonite-bender? And to make it even more wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#135480 08/25/12 01:00 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I'm writing a PML story where Trask finds both a red and green Kryptonite. As he knew the characteristics of the green one but not the red one he chose to test the green one first (as he's so adamant about following the scientific theory. You only alter ONE characteristic to see what the result is so the green K is the known factor.

Luthor takes acquires the red K and gives a sliver to Miranda for chemical analysis and experiments. I think we all know the result of this. twins angel-devil

Now how would it alter the other eps? I think it depends on the piece of red K and what's done with it. I'm going with the hypothesis that the same things that a diamond is graded by would affect how a piece of Red-K would affect Clark. So basically every time Luthor (or anyone else) cuts a piece off of the original crystal Clark is affected differently (ground is different from the rest in that it interacts with the stuff it's combined with and the light refraction affects how his body acts, etc.)

I haven't decided how it will affect him in subsequent eps (i.e. after PML) but I have to figure out how a paint version might affect Clark. Like Sniffing paint maybe?

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#135481 08/26/12 05:51 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have to say this idea has great potential. I mean, why did red k only show up once a season anyway?

John Pack Lambert
#135482 08/26/12 06:11 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Or, if you're only re-doing GGGoH, you have him dealing with the red through-out the entire story, when Trask finally pulls out the green at the end. shock Clark wouldn't know what hit him. Literally.

VirginiaR.
---
#135483 08/27/12 11:22 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
So if we go with Virginia's route Wayne would have found the Red or both of them? Otherwise how would he have been affected by it BEFORE Trask attempts the rock on him?

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#135484 08/27/12 11:28 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
So if we go with Virginia's route Wayne would have found the Red or both of them? Otherwise how would he have been affected by it BEFORE Trask attempts the rock on him?
The rock that Wayne found under the oak tree is Red K, so when Clark's folks show it to him he gets... weird.

Then at the end fight scene, Trask pulls out a chunk of Green K he found and Clark's suddenly without powers for the first time... shock Maybe I should shut up now and thank my lucky stars for Rachel Harris!

VirginiaR.
---
#135485 08/27/12 04:31 PM
Columnist
Columnist
The rock that Wayne found under the oak tree is Red K, so when Clark's folks show it to him he gets... weird.

Then at the end fight scene, Trask pulls out a chunk of Green K he found
Actually, Virginia, the chunk that Trask has IS the piece Irig found. Remember? He sent it for analysis. That's how the government and Trask became aware of it to begin with.

SQD

#135486 08/27/12 04:56 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by stopquitdont:
Actually, Virginia, the chunk that Trask has [b]IS the piece Irig found. Remember? He sent it for analysis. That's how the government and Trask became aware of it to begin with.

SQD [/b]
Thanks, SQD, but I thought we were brainstorming for an episode rewrite. wink

VirginiaR.
---
#135487 08/28/12 06:21 AM
Columnist
Columnist
And if we are, you would have to have Irig find both colors or him find one and Trask the other. Either way, if red had been found first, it would have made for some awesome stories! Of course, if you're rewriting, you substitute any color and/or effects. Very interesting!

SQD

#135488 09/27/12 10:03 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Actually, it is possible that Trask gets a sample of the Red K, and so goes in and tries to force out of Irig where the rest is, since he knows it relates to Superman.

However, Bureau 39 has lots of guys, so while Trask is interrogating Irig and a few other guys are gaurding, some others are off digging up Irigs lot, and they find some green K while digging. Thus Trask will then have gree K while Irig only ever had Red K.

John Pack Lambert
#135489 09/28/12 06:28 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I don't think this thread is strange enough yet...

In GGoH Suppose Clark is exposed to the Red K and his powers are amplified but his judgement also goes completely haywire. He grabs Trask and drops him on a barely habitable island in the South Pacific. Returning as Superman he convinces Lois, who hasn't yet figured out something is wrong, to go flying with him. Clark decides to showboat and goes flying near a thunderstorm. Lightning hits them and Clark goes back to normal but Lois, unfortunately ends up with an amplified Mad Dog Lane attitude problem, the amplified powers and no experience in controlling them. The next week Ralph decides to check himself into a clinic in another time zone.

Shallowford
#135490 01/06/13 05:29 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by Shallowford:
I don't think this thread is strange enough yet...

In GGoH Suppose Clark is exposed to the Red K and his powers are amplified but his judgement also goes completely haywire. He grabs Trask and drops him on a barely habitable island in the South Pacific. Returning as Superman he convinces Lois, who hasn't yet figured out something is wrong, to go flying with him. Clark decides to showboat and goes flying near a thunderstorm. Lightning hits them and Clark goes back to normal but Lois, unfortunately ends up with an amplified Mad Dog Lane attitude problem, the amplified powers and no experience in controlling them. The next week Ralph decides to check himself into a clinic in another time zone.
By back to normal you mean Super but not Red-Krypton addled, right? You don't mean Clark looses his power, do you?

John Pack Lambert
#135491 01/06/13 05:33 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I just thought of something. We could always have a fic where in GGGoH, it was green kryptonite, but when Luthor gets Kryptonite, it is for some reason red. So he makes the Superman cage from Red Kryptonite. It does not capture Superman, but it alters him in some way.

Most likely he goes and tells Lois the full truth. Personally I really don't get why Clark did not tell Lois "I'm Superman" in "Individual Responsibility".

John Pack Lambert
#135492 01/06/13 06:33 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Most likely he goes and tells Lois the full truth. Personally I really don't get why Clark did not tell Lois "I'm Superman" in "Individual Responsibility".
Pssst. She kissed him. wink

VirginiaR.
---
#135493 01/06/13 11:07 PM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
By back to normal you mean Super but not Red-Krypton addled, right?
That's what I was thinking, but being in the air and having to rely on super-Lois until his powers came back might be interesting, too.

I'd happily read either version.

Shallowford
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard