Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#135340 05/07/12 05:30 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, I'm transferring a couple of ideas we came up with while theorizing about Deadly Chakram's Contractually Bound . DC said she didn't go this way and we can take the ideas and run. I'm full up at the moment, so I'm going to share with the rest of the boards (I've changed the names back to the ones everyone is familiar with. Although this idea is set on Krypton, I think it could easily work on Earth):

Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
Actually, if I *had* gone with the idea of Lois being from Earth, I was going to set this up with Lois' family as cosmonauts that crash on Krypton. I just couldn't figure out why Jor-El would betroth his son to an alien, so that's why I scrapped the idea of Lois remaining an Earthling.
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Oooh, give me a plot puzzle and I shall unravel it. <<rubs hands together>> Let's see...

Sam Lane is the one who discovered the crashed spaceship with all of the astronauts killed, with the exception of the baby daughter, who had miraculously survived do to being safe in a space incubator (space nursery?). As Ellen had only just that morning lost their baby in a stillbirth (due to an illness which affected the baby in some way). Sam brings the baby home with him and tells his wife that their daughter did not in fact die. Ellen, in her post-partum grief, accepts the new child no questions asked.

It would explain why Sam is overprotective of his daughter. It would explain why Elle is a little off the wall, and alcoholic (because a part of her knows that Lois really isn't her daughter). And it would have meant that Kal's true birth wife had died in childbirth, only to be substituted by Lois <<cough, cough>> his soulmate <<cough>>. Sam, then of course, to clear his conscience had confessed the truth to Lois (who then had this burden to hold) the morning of her marriage to Kal (Clark). It would be another explanation for her bitterness (out of fear of discovery and disection like Kryptonian frogs) and anger, and her hesistancy towards intimacy with Kal. Sam, of course, never told Jor-El (or anyone for that matter) because he still wanted the prestige of the royal marriage.

Then maybe someone could find the wreckage and discover something that hints that the baby had not died in the crash. (A nursery, yet no baby found at the crash site.) evil
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sydney
I agree! And, if you want some alternative ideas: Lois is really Sam's daughter mais his wife, Ellen, was from Earth; she was the one arriving on Krypton as a baby and she was (in secret) adopted by a noble family. Was Sam aware of that when he married her: may be... laugh
Even worse: Ellen is from Krypton, but Sam experimented on her with artificial insemination; and the donor was from Earth. shock (If you went with Lois having Super powers on Krypton, you don't have to go that route.)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#135341 05/07/12 07:06 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap Wow! My story spawned not one, but *two* challenge threads!

Ooh, what-if Lois was the one from Krypton, and was sent to Earth as a baby? Either Krypton was exploding or maybe if some sort of tradition called for the death of the first-born females? Or some hostile alien take-over demanded it? Maybe Lois was the only child of Jor-El and Lara, and they sent her off to Earth to save her life?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#135342 05/07/12 08:04 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram
Ooh, what-if Lois was the one from Krypton, and was sent to Earth as a baby?
It was the plot in MLT's A matter of Destiny but I do'nt remember why Baby Lois was sent from Krypton to Earth (and found by the Lanes).

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
#135343 05/07/12 11:24 AM
Kerth
Kerth
There's also Janet Owen's The Girl Next Door , where both Lois and Clark are from Krypton, and Lois gets adopted by the Lanes (eventually).

There's also another story where there is a second Kryptonian (female) on earth, but I forgot the title. *doing a little searching* Found it. Northern Lights by Gerry Anklewicz. (No, that Kryptonian woman is not romantically involved with Clark, so it's safe to read.)

Last but not least, there's that series by Carol M, starting with Backwards . Here, not Clark is the Kryptonian living on Earth, but Lois is.

Originally posted by Sydney:
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram
Ooh, what-if Lois was the one from Krypton, and was sent to Earth as a baby?
It was the plot in MLT's A matter of Destiny but I do'nt remember why Baby Lois was sent from Krypton to Earth (and found by the Lanes).

wave
Well, it was the same old story: She was sent away because Krypton was due to explode. (By the way, this story also covers the "evil Sam" aspect to some degree. wink )

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#135344 05/07/12 09:41 PM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent
Last but not least, there's that series by Carol M, starting with Backwards. Here, not Clark is the Kryptonian living on Earth, but Lois is.
I may be wrong, but I think that in Backwards, Clark is the one from Krypton (adopted by the Lanes and not the Kents), while Lois and Lucy are the daughters of Martha and Jonathan Kent. Sorry, I do'nt have time to check now : I have to work...

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
#135345 05/07/12 11:39 PM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Even worse: Ellen is from Krypton...
Wow. Imagine a Kryptonian Ellen on an (attempted) drinking binge!

Shallowford
#135346 05/08/12 12:19 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Sydney:
[b]Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent
Last but not least, there's that series by Carol M, starting with Backwards. Here, not Clark is the Kryptonian living on Earth, but Lois is.
I may be wrong, but I think that in Backwards, Clark is the one from Krypton (adopted by the Lanes and not the Kents), while Lois and Lucy are the daughters of Martha and Jonathan Kent.
wave [/b]
You're right, I mixed things up. Sorry!
blush

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#135347 10/11/12 05:16 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Also in A Mother\'s Love by Mrs. Luthor

Jor-El built too space ships one for Kal-El and the other for his Birth-Wife
a beautiful baby, with dark hair and
lovely big brown eyes
It ends as Krypton blows up, but you can guess as to who the little girl grows up to be. wink

Jenna: "That's enough! You release the Charactors from this tragedy right now, you little gnome. Or I promise to send you somewhere far worse than the fifth dimension!"

Kazbo sarcastically: "You have me so scared!" menacing: "try dealing with this!" throws in a slow, agonising death. then disappears.
-from an arguement with Kazbo, the evil muse

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard