Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#135380 05/19/12 06:58 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I just had a thought bunny, which I don't think I'll use...

What if, instead of Lois dying when they consummate their love, Clark loses his powers? (Kind of like Supes 2, only a different cause...)

I'm thinking alt-Clark and alt-Lois, of course. And I'm thinking at some point Lois was shot with a green K bullet, or stabbed with a green K dagger, or holding a piece of Kryptonite or wearing a piece of jewelry made from green K, when she was shot or something. Anyway, she recovers from the wound, but still has green K dust inside of her and Clark knows this. It isn't enough to kill him, but being around Lois makes him lose his powers, so alt-Clark would have to chose between being human and in a loving relationship with Lois and having everyone know he gave up being Superman for her or being Superman and not having Lois.

Now, there's a curse that would make even Tempus proud. I know, it's evil. evil And I'm not feeling that evil at the moment...

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#135381 05/19/12 09:33 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
But, wouldn't it still make him feel sick? I assumed if the K was enough to rob him of his powers, it was enough to physically hurt him too.

Still, an evil premise indeed! evil

(Is leaving this idea for anyone else that wants to take a crack at it. Too many fics all trying to get written on my end.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#135382 05/19/12 09:48 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
But, wouldn't it still make him feel sick? I assumed if the K was enough to rob him of his powers, it was enough to physically hurt him too.
I was thinking more along the lines of the amount of green K that entered his body after getting shot in "Lethal Weapon". That didn't kill him or make him physically sick, but it was enough to counter-act what the red K was doing to him. PLus, with the green K inside Lois, her body is kind-of acting like a barrier between the green K and Clark. Long term exposure to Lois makes Clark lose his powers, slowly over time so that he doesn't realize it until they're going, going, gone. Maybe he gets sick from the green K, or maybe he's sick because of his new vulnerablity. Something to play with. So, the only cure for Clark would be some kind of cure for Lois.

I was also thinking evil what would happen to Lois if before they knew she was a carrier of the green K dust, a Resplendant Man syndrome (lightning strike) occured? Would Lois die because of her combination the green K dust and Clark's abilities, or would she be immune to the green K because she had never physically been to Krypton?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#135383 05/21/12 07:00 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I personally never bought into the whole K-dust still in his bloodstream thing in LW. If any K was in his system, it would have killed him. Look at how small of an amount got into him in TC, and he nearly died before going into the radiation chamber thing.

My theory on LW is that the green did cancel the K, but only because of the effects the two had on his body. Contact with the green makes him lose his powers. So the very fact that it touched his flesh/blood cancelled out the effects of the red. But none could have possibly gotten into his system and left him alive.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#135384 05/21/12 09:07 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was told, in a private e-mail, that this storyline actually has been done elsewhere with another Clark (and no, not that one from the Superman movies), but to not give out any spoilers, I shall not say where it was.

VirginiaR.
---
#135385 05/23/12 08:41 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Hmm. Don't know how I missed this one.

Regardless. I say that you eliminate the green-K problem altogether. Ever seen the second Fantastic Four movie? (I hate calling it "Fantastic Four Two," but the full title is way too long for me... though now I've typed far more than the phrase "Rise of the Silver Surfer"). Considering how, throughout the show, red-K's properties and effects on Superman seemingly shift, it could be feasible to assume that if Lois were in close contact with or somehow infused with red-K, it could start to make Clark's powers go haywire. Upon consummation, it could remove them entirely- perhaps transferring them to Lois? Or perhaps not. I don't know. I'm not going to write it. WAY too much else to do.

Now, Virginia, you have me intrigued. The more vague you leave it, the more curious I am... /sighs/

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#135386 05/24/12 01:52 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I’ve always thought that the differences in effect of red K and green K could be attributed to red K being a weaker version of the element. Red K messes up Superman’s powers but we don’t ever see him becoming sick from exposure. Green K messes up his powers but because exposure also makes him sick and takes the powers away, the red K effects are never seen.

If that were the case, sufficient red K exposure could take his powers away without making him sick.

Shallowford

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard