Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#135105 03/17/12 05:43 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I had this idea while writing the script to my video and I don't have nearly enough time to write it. But I would still like to see it written, so I'm leaving it up to you good folcs to solve.

The story starts out with Superman dropping from the sky.

"Stone cold dead." wink

Seriously. Dead.

No joke. Superman's dead, and nobody knows what happened to him. Enter a whole slew of problems- Clark Kent goes missing, Lois is confused, and nobody knows what to do.

Your turn. Anybody want to pick up where I left off? (Don't worry, if you want to, Clark can always be resurrected at the end or something if you want.) I'd really like to see this written. If there's something similar already written, please direct me to it. I'd be really interested in reading about it. laugh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#135106 03/17/12 09:09 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It could always be Luthor's clone and Clark ends up in... I don't know... Seattle?... Peru?... with amensia (that way Lois doesn't find him right away). Just a thought.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#135107 03/17/12 09:16 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
It could always be Luthor's clone and Clark ends up in... I don't know... Seattle?... Peru?... with amensia (that way Lois doesn't find him right away). Just a thought.
I was actually *just* coming to post that the dead Superman could be the clone. And maybe Clark allows "Superman" to stay dead for a little while, seeing if he can give up his alter-ego for a chance to be with Lois.

I mean, Vatman happens really late in season 1, when Clark is fully aware of how he's being cast aside in Lois' sight as compared to his super self. So it could be feasible that he experiments with letting the "superhero" die for a while. And of course, he wouldn't *really* be able to do it, so by the end of the story (maybe a week or two after SuperClone dies) the real Superman takes to the skies again.

Just a thought. I'm refusing to allow my muse to do this. I have her (more or less) on a very short leash that is attached to the remaining chapters of Contractually Bound.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#135108 03/17/12 09:58 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good point, DC.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#135109 03/18/12 02:36 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
My first thoughts involved Jason Trask, kryptonite and a plane, but where would be the challenge in that? Then again, I suppose Gretchen Kelley could be involved.

Shallowford
#135110 03/18/12 03:25 AM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Maybe Superman's powers are stolen using a RedK laser think as in 3rd season but in this case transferred to a Superman look alike.

We know that powers transferred will wear out just as the ones transferred by lightning did. And in time Clark's body will store up enough light to become super again. But if it is early enough in the timeline Clark will NOT know that.

So Clark could be working on how to deal with a superpowered phoney while he is unpowered, when the imposter uses up his supercharge and falls to the ground.

Framework4
#135111 03/19/12 09:17 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
All good points. laugh Especially liked the use of red k instead of green k. And the clone.

What if it happened after Lois and Clark were already married? Post season four. Clark is gone on a rescue, and suddenly it's on the news that Superman fell from the sky. Lois doesn't believe it's true until her husband doesn't return...?

If Clark was to eventually return, would it be because of the clone? Resurrection? Did he fake his death (actually a very interesting reverse-take sort of on TOGOM)? Thoughts?

--Mark Twain
#135112 03/19/12 12:44 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:

What if it happened after Lois and Clark were already married? Post season four. Clark is gone on a rescue, and suddenly it's on the news that Superman fell from the sky. Lois doesn't believe it's true until her husband doesn't return...?

How evil! I love it! clap

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#135113 03/19/12 01:50 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
[b]

How evil! I love it! clap [/b]
evil I thought so. Of course, there's always those eternal optimists who want Clark alive (which I of course, do not comprehend), so I still think I would work it out in the end.

Ooh. Randomly evil side note. Halfway through the story, while grieving privately for her husband, Lois gets a phone call from Clark's cell. devil

--Mark Twain
#135114 03/19/12 09:25 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[b] </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mouserocks:
<strong>

How evil! I love it! clap [/b]
clap

A twist! A twist! A very evil twist! devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#135115 03/20/12 10:51 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Take #2

Poring through the Superman Foundation archives Tempus found himself entranced by a strange little tidbit he’d never come across before. With his various run-ins with the Man of Steel and determined in his thirst for revenge, he had become quite a scholar in Utopian/Kent history and had never.... Having been a multidimensional traveler, and a time traveler to boot, he was sure he would have heard, but....

He began a search of the science section of the Library for any mention of the phenomenon, technology or even theoretical work. Hundreds of years of material were searched. Weeks went by and his diligent search returned “nothing”. Certain related lines of research with many published results simply ended which led him to suspect a cover-up. Imagine--a cover-up in Utopia!

Well, the cover-up wasn’t complete. In the ancient book he had found the item that changed his life and revitalized his dreams. A footnote mentioning a powerful fifth dimensional being that had terrorized Superman’s life centuries before. So, he thought, “How, exactly would one contact an imp named Mxyzptlk?”

The rest is left to the reader as an exercise...

Shallowford
#135116 03/20/12 12:45 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oddly enough, today I logged into my Twitter. I follow SupermanTweets and he posted the following:

"I've found Clark's last will... #Tears picture "

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#135117 03/20/12 03:58 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Oddly enough, today I logged into my Twitter. I follow SupermanTweets and he posted the following:

goofy

--Mark Twain
#135118 03/20/12 04:26 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[b] Oddly enough, today I logged into my Twitter. I follow SupermanTweets and he posted the following:

goofy [/b]
clap I would totally wear at least a Superman T-shirt if I ever go skydiving...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#135119 03/20/12 06:55 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
[b] </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
<strong> Oddly enough, today I logged into my Twitter. I follow SupermanTweets and he posted the following:

goofy [/b]
goofy

--Mark Twain

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard