Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Teehee. So I was sitting at my desk eating my lunch and browsing the forum when it struck me: Wasn't I supposed to post the challenge today? LOL

Anyway, sorry it is a bit late. Enjoy. laugh

If you don't know the rules go here to read them.

This weeks theme: Laughter

CUTTOFF DATE: 5/20/07

P.S. I'm sending the first set of drabbles from week one off to the archive this weekend. laugh Yay!

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
P.S. I'm sending the first set of drabbles from week one off to the archive this weekend.
Oooooooh. /me clears a space in her inbox and settles down to wait patiently for its arrival.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I do belive the drabble enthusiasm is dying down. frown That or my late posting has delayed the reaction. laugh

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I've just got to think on it a while!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
Some of us had RL to deal with.

----------------------------------------------

He looked at her with big eyes, bright, inquisitive. He cried and world cried too, heart broken into a million pieces, each one counted by the tears she had shed hoping for a miracle. And a miracle he was, with dark hair and dark eyes and a smile that, when he grew older, would break hearts.

No one would mistake him for a child of her womb. That didn’t matter. He was their gift from heaven, quite literally. But it was his laughter that lifted her heart, made her know he belonged to them no matter what he really was.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Kerth
Kerth
Yeah, Jojo, give us some time for inspiration wink

here my take:

Laughter
Wasn’t it the villain’s task to remind the hero that he was going to lose no matter how hard he tried? Wasn’t it meant to happen so simple and elegant that even the most ambitious foe had to retreat in awe of the villain’s genius? It had seemed simple enough to get rid of Superman. People were so easy to fool. As if there was any chance that a good guy like him would be responsible for this heat catastrophe! It was ridiculous, but his evil laughter died down on his lips as Luther reluctantly had to acknowledge Superman’s victory.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Top Banana
Top Banana
Dandello-- that was so sweet! Loved it from Martha's perspective, and bakasi- laugh Baha Luthor. Superman won!

I'm definitely thinking about one, but right now I'm swamped at work. I'll try and be back later with some attempt at creativity though.

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Top Banana
Top Banana
I have come to the conclusion that I am only capable of WAFFY in works of 100 words - any more than that and somebody dies. (Okay, I generally don't kill people when I'm in Martha Mode - but any other time...) laugh

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Top Banana
Top Banana
Martha Mode
rotflol

I'll keep that in mind! And... I'll stop bringing this thread off topic. *tries to think of a drabble*

Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay I finally have one. Don't expect too much, lol, though the episode should be pretty easily recognized...

Laughter. Clark berated himself endlessly. How had he missed the <laughter>?! It was so obvious… so loud. Sure they had quieted down by the time that he had actually put the key in the lock, but he and Lois had been pleasantly occupied in the moments before that. He should have heard it. Those eight days, four hours, six minutes and two seconds had really screwed up his priorities. Tumbling to the floor for casual viewing from colleagues and friends had badly shaken them both, though they eventually enjoyed the party. But he still should have heard it.

Laughter, sheesh.

And... I stole the eight hours and however many minutes, exact time frame from the show, which WASN'T at the time of their little bit of passion at the door. But... being terrible at math and not really feeling up to adding and speculating on the EXACT amount of time since they last... you know... (Apparently Clark doesn't feel this way. wink ) I left it as is earlier in the episode. Hope you don't mind. blush

Laura

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't know why, but these drabble challenges keep inspiring me. So here goes:

Silence

Silence hangs like a pall over the house. In every room he enters, it’s thicker than the dust.

There are echoes everywhere, too. Here, his dad listened to him read. In the kitchen, Mom gave him a scoop from the bowl whenever she made cookies. Out on the porch, Dad taught him to bait a hook. Once, the sound of joyful barking rang through the house.

The silence is the worst.

He slumps on a bottom stair, head in his hands, and remembers the happy times. No, the worst isn’t silence. It’s that he can’t hear the laughter any more.

Sorry! Can't seem to write anything but angst wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Make me rip my heart out Wendy. LOL I thought for sure I could break some of you from the angst with this one. LOL

Oh and the reason they keep inspiring you? Voodoo. I'm using voodoo on you to make you come back and write at least one more full length story.

I loved everyones so far. Laura yours made me laugh though. How fitting. clap

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Okay, I don't even know if anyone is going to get this one or not... but it is a little story that I wanted to write as a larger piece but could never find the time or inspiration to do. smile

------

“Now how am I supposed to get that down?”

Lois Lane stood in the middle of an empty newsroom staring up at a package taped to the ceiling.

Laughter rang out from behind her and she quickly turned to find Clark Kent standing behind her.

“Did you enjoy the scavenger hunt?”

With an impatient sigh Lois pointed to the ceiling, “How am I supposed to get it down?”

Clark smiled. “Well I did promise you two big birthday surprises. One is the gift and the other… well I guess I should just show you.”

And with that he floated upwards.

Merriwether
Merriwether
He gets her a gift, tapes it to the ceiling, then reveals he's Superman by floating up for it? Interesting.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yay. This is my first drabble.

Keep in mind I don’t actually believe this would happen, but…

-------------------------------------------

“I’ve got to go to that fundraiser now,” Clark whispered.

“Okay,” Lois said innocently, biting back a smile as he left.

Superman floated down toward the stage, listening to the hearts of teenage girls beating wildly, the gasps of awe, and the…laughter? Wait a second. What’s so funny? Superman thought as he noticed the crowd was pointing at him. What the… He looked down. Oh. OH! He grimaced as he flew off, trying to hide the pink polka dots on his briefs with his cape. He made a mental note never to let Lois have *that* much time alone in the house. How was he going to explain this one to the press?

--------------------------------------

113 words, but oh well.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Features Writer
Features Writer
I think my muse is asleep...

-

It was odd for Lucy to hear the sounds coming from her older sister. Odder still that she was making them while in the company of a guy.

Lucy remembered Clark, having met him shortly before she left for places unknown. She remembered Lois' barely hidden disdain at having been assigned a rookie as a partner. Now, a year later, she can't remember a time when her sister was so happy.

The youngest Lane sat back in the comfortable couch in Clark’s apartment, watching as he did the impossible. She felt herself fall in love with him just a little bit, and hoped that Lois realized that she had finally found that super guy she’d been looking for.

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Blogger
Blogger
Laughter rang out as Lois and Clark sauntered toward the elevators in the Daily Planet newsroom, stopping only when the doors quietly slid shut, plunging the bullpen into an odd stillness.

In the ensuing silence, Perry White could barely stifle the grin spreading over his normally gruff and stoic features. Never before had he heard such pure, unadulterated laughter coming from the mouth of his top reporter; she had been practically giggling on her way out this evening. Yes, Clark Kent was definitely proving to be a delightful influence on "Mad Dog Lane."

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My Muse is taking a big nap. But here's what she spit out in her sleep.

Manic laughter slashed through the silence as the inmate grabbed the battered bars of the window.

“Isn’t anybody listening to me?!”

He’d grown tired of ranting and settled onto the wooden, splintery seat in the back of the wagon.

It was genius, really. He didn’t think Wells had it in him. But here he sat. Smallville 1866. On his way to an asylum.

How ironic.

He didn’t let his mind wander. There would be plenty of time for that at the crazy house.

Plenty of time scream.

But plenty of time to plot revenge. It was what he did best.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I know, it's really late, but I think this one's still fair game. After I started writing this, I realized I might get credit for two challenges in one shot. See here . It's probably not what Patrick had in mind when he asked for introspective Lois, but how about insightful Lois? Hey, there's only so much you can do with 100 words. laugh
~~~~~

Clark wistfully watched children play outside before shutting off his x-ray vision. He looked at his wife instead, her brow furrowed in concentration. She’d been unusually quiet and brooding ever since Dr. Klein’s diagnosis. Clark sighed – marriage had fulfilled him in ways he couldn’t describe, but he couldn’t help but grieve for the death of his other lifelong dream.

“Descendents … Lois whispered, “H.G. Wells …”

Their eyes connected and his heart quickened at her expression of astonished hope.

“Utopia!” she exclaimed.

Seconds later, they embraced as her peal of joyous laughter matched those of their children yet to be.

~~~~~

BJ

Top Banana
Top Banana
I actually wrote companion pieces for this one. The first is 81 words:

Was it bells he heard? No, more like the fall of a spring shower on placid lake waters. The soft drip, the steady and cheerful tinkling, those were the best ones. But he liked the short geyser of sarcasm as well, as long as it came from her lips. As often as possible, he would provoke the dulcet gush of even her ironic good humor, because he could not stand the drought of her ire, or the flood of her tears.

And its companion is only 36 (the shortest drabble I have ever written):

His voice was the aural manifestation of the chocolate in his eyes. From the quick bark of a dark nougat, to the smooth, fine Godiva richness of his deepest chuckle, she loved to hear him happy.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard