Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
This weeks theme comes to you from DSDragon. This one should be fun since there are so many ways we could use it. thumbsup

If you don't know the rules go here to read them.

This weeks theme: Smooth

CUTTOFF DATE: 4/30/07

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow . . . wasn't expecting it to come up THIS week--didn't you have a list?

But hey, it's cool that I got bumped up to the top and all.

Now I have to actually figure out what to write for this week's drabble on the subject that I came up with.

You'd think I'd have already done it before I suggested it, wouldn't you?

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Delusive Smoothness

She looked at her child with pride and affection. He could only imagine how smooth the baby’s skin would feel under the woman’s hands. It was hardly imaginable that this smoothness would someday serve to protect someone who gladly destroyed people’s lives. He could still change the history. He would save a lot of people if he killed this child. The smooth skin wasn’t able to protect it.

H.G. Wells shook his head sadly. Although he knew that two important people would suffer because of Lex Luthor he couldn’t afford to change that. Villains were an important part of their fate.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh my, bakasi! Nicey! I meself am glad he didn't kill baby Lex. Superman would have been bored!

Mine's a hair over 100 words, but...

Smooth Soles

Superman slid across the gravel, trying to get enough traction to stop the runaway semi. He dug his heels down, but to no avail, and the towering brick wall was coming up fast behind him. Ten feet away from doom for both machine and rock, he made a last desperate attempt at saving both as he bent down and dragged his pinky into the gravel road. It barely worked, and as it was he became sandwiched between the two with a loud and uncomfortable ‘Urf!’

Flying to his home in Kansas, he took off the boots and winced at his mother. “Mom, I don't think these are quite right yet.”

Rome wasn’t built in a day. Neither was a superhero’s costume.

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Bakasi - wonderful! clap Love the originality of the way you've worked in the theme.

Catherine - rotflol rotflol Poor Clark!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Haha, I do have a list. I don't know how I feel about all the items on the list though and sometimes I think of them on the fly.

Also, even though I know the themes I try not to think of stories for them until the actual week of the drabble. smile More fun that way. ^_~

Columnist
Columnist
100 words exactly according to Word. Okay, here goes...

She opened her eyes, needing to see him one last time. She reached out her hand, needing to touch him one last time. As her palm touched the smoothness of the fabric that covered his chest, her eyes took in the bright blue color of spandex.

Mayson’s eyes widened as realization dawned. “That’s what you’ve been hiding.”

She had so much more to say, but was only able to whisper one word, “Resurrection.”

Guilt, regret, and sadness filled her heart as it beat one last time. She’d never get to say that she was sorry—that she loved him still.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Columnist
Columnist
I'm not all that proud of this one, but I decided to post it anyway, especially since I havn't done a drabble since the first. :p Here it goes...

Snap.

He tossed away the new victim of his latest exploit and surveyed the growing pile of demolished razors, scissors, and knives. His mom was going to kill him.

He had tried everything, but the unyielding stubble gracing his chin and jaw hadn't budged. Out of possible shaving utensils, he settled for glaring at his reflection...and yelped as a dart of heat vision involuntarily escaped him, bouncing off of the mirror and grazing his cheek. Surprised but unhurt, he raised his hand to his cheek, eyes widening as he felt the newly smooth patch of skin beneath his fingers.

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great job, everybody so far!

Cape Fetish, I've always wondered how Clark figured out he could shave that way--I like your explanation. smile

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
100 words exactly.

“No, Lois, I really meant it. I guess I’m just not attracted to you at all.”

“You are such a liar, Clark Kent!” She paces around his desk, arms folded, chest heaving. “You are so attracted to me!”

He leans back in his chair, a smug smile curving over his lips. “Am not.”

“Are too!” Her eyes flash.

“Not.”

“Are - ” She exhales sharply and stalks up to him. Hands grip his tie, pulling him up to her, and her lips cover his. Less than a second and he’s kissing back.

“Smooth, Lois.” Jimmy grins as Clark concedes defeat.

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, my god! Wendy wrote a LnC story - even if it was a drabble...

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wendy! Two-timing the Doctor? Shame on you! Tsk.

laugh

Terrific to see you back posting here! Hope it's not the last. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, it's kind of cheesy (not to mention a belated seasonal thing), but here's mine. It's 96 words:

From above, the rink looked like dark glass, skaters hover-gliding along the top of sheets upon sheets of ice that Valentine’s morning.

Lois didn’t doubt that Clark could see the individual blade tracks and small shavings of glittering frost kicked up by the other skaters, but he wasn’t looking at them as he offered her a hot chocolate after they skated.

Their bond, like the ice, had faults not seen by those outside their tight-knit circle, but when they thought of their love, the faults didn’t matter, the remembrance an emotional zamboni to repair the wounds.

Darcy\'s Place
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darcy, that's beautiful. What gorgeous phrasing. Like poetry. And I love the idea behind it.

Keep them coming, FoLCs - I've enjoyed each and every one so far. You guys are amazing!

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Darcy, that's beautiful. What gorgeous phrasing. Like poetry. And I love the idea behind it.
Thanks, LabRat!

Darcy\'s Place
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh... my... God...

Wendy: THUD! hyper clap

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
You guys are doing a great job at this!!

I'm going to be revising the rules a bit and will be contacting a lot of you in the next few days. We are going to start submitting these to the archive in bulk (by theme) so there is going to be a time limit and I need to get permission from each of you to include it. ^_^

Also, Wendy it is funny that you wrote the theme that way. On my break at work on Friday I was trying to remember if there was a scene where Jimmy said "Smooth C.K" and was going to write something around it. (I'm glad I didn't cause you did it far better justice than I ever could.) Anyway I figured... hey there are scripts online. I bet if I google "C.K. smooth and Jimmy" that it will turn something up.

Well needless to say... unless you guys are into Jimmy X Clark slash DON'T DO IT! *sigh* I may be scarred for life. dizzy

Features Writer
Features Writer
Woo! This is my second one for this. Go me!

Those Who Would Be Gods

“What if I asked you to stay?” Get her to stay.

Say something “I'm not sure how to... be this. You made it happen.”

Say anything to make her stay. “Lois, I don't just need your help... I need you.”

Please… “What I'm trying to say is... I know it's crazy but... I think I... I...”

Sigh. “Does he know what he has?”

Yeah. Real smooth, Kent.

“We all do.”

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Smooth just didn't seem to do it for me. But here's mine.

She looked down at the babe in her arms wrapped in blankets of primary colors. His hair was thick, a smooth dark cap. His eyes were a warm laughing brown as he regarded her. His skin was as soft and smooth as a baby’s bottom. Of course it was. He was a baby. At least he looked like a baby. Even though he had come out what looked like a spaceship. What fool would put a baby in a spaceship?

Alien or not, he smiled at her and with the smoothness of a honed blade, he stole her heart forever.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well needless to say... unless you guys are into Jimmy X Clark slash DON'T DO IT! *sigh* I may be scarred for life.
[Linked Image]

Catherine - love it!

Dandello - you almost made me cry with that last line. <snuffle>

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard