Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#252744 04/17/14 03:41 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Fanwork Type: One story banner.

I am willing to include: Pixel size is your choice, but I have two versions I usually work in (but not always): one for 'portrait/page' style and one for 'thin banner' style. I will try and fit into the banner as many screenshots as you request. Story title and Author name will be prominent (or not, if you wish). I can do minor photo-manipulation if required. eg. You have a picture of Lois in a red dress, but you want it blue, or you want the dress longer, etc.

I am not willing to include: Pictures, titles, words, etc which are above PG. Unrealistic romantic pairings. (Lex/Jimmy, Lois/Perry etc - URGH *feels sick*)

Any further information: You must be the Author of whatever story this banner is for. I will send you 'proofs' along the way. Usually: Basic premise, Proof 1, Proof 2, Final. Fonts, colours, borders styles etc will be discussed during one of these proofing stages. No guaranteed delivery time due to these proofing stages being flexible.

Example:

[Linked Image]
(For those of you interested ... fic coming soon!!!)

Full range of art examples here .

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
#252745 04/21/14 01:12 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm going to start off the bidding at $5 for one of these Banner thingys. It looks like cover art for a story and I've got a couple of coverless epics, which could use some pretty pictures (or not, depending on the story).

I'd like to see what you come up with, and since I don't know what stories of mine you've read, I'll narrow it down to:

Missing Lois

Green-Eyed Monster

Another Dimension, Another Time, Another Lois

or my current WIP

Wrong Clark (I don't think I need to link you to that monster.) wink

Artist's choice. Surprise me.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#252746 04/23/14 09:06 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I've read them all. I'd love to make a cover for any of them. Let's see if you win!!!!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
#252747 04/23/14 09:26 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Come on, people! KatherineKent ROCKS at this! She has been kind enough to do art for my upcoming sequel, Hidden Threats. I've also seen her work on other boards... You can't go wrong, and you'll have a memorable way to capture your story... I'd love to see what she could do with some of Female Hawk's interesting settings, for example. Hint, hint wink

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#252748 04/23/14 02:50 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
OK, I'll throw in a bid.

$10 for a Momentum banner! dance

Kathy

#252749 04/24/14 05:28 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/walks quietly in and ups bid to $15/

[Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#252750 04/24/14 06:31 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sneaks in and throws a $20 on the table...

You do such amazing work dance

(I have a story I'm in the middle of writing--anything to up the reader interest when I post, being it's my first official fanfic--I figure is a good thing shock blush grovel )

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
#252751 04/24/14 10:37 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/scratches head/ I don't know how *other* writers pick one their stories...

http://www.lcfanfic.com/author_m.htm#Michael

Oh well, I guess I'd have to first not be out-bid to worry about those issues blush

/makes it an uneven 25/

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#252752 04/24/14 08:24 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/sneaks back in/ grumble Stiff competition.

/Holds up SM crest with my number on it./ $30.

VirginiaR.
---
#252753 04/25/14 07:57 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image]

Let's see... If I add another fiver... /raises bid to $35/

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmmmm. I see that my previous bid disappeared in the upgrade. frown

$40

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmm... Last day... Maybe I should bid $45.

Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mine! This banner will be mine, I say! Precious.

$50.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmm... considering the likeliness of Virginia outbidding me again due to me testdriving my pillow very soon, I think I'll bow out.

Virginia, if you feel like I gave in too easily and want another raise, you're welcome to pretend I upped the bid to fifty-five so you can jump in again and grab the grand prize!

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hmm... considering the likeliness of Virginia outbidding me again due to me testdriving my pillow very soon, I think I'll bow out.

Virginia, if you feel like I gave in too easily and want another raise, you're welcome to pretend I upped the bid to fifty-five so you can jump in again and grab the grand prize!

wave Michael
Wait! Did you up it or not? huh With it seeming likely for me to win Wendy's Beta services, $50 is the highest I can go in this auction. (she says, looking above her for vultures coming in at the last minute for a quick kill... er... bid.).

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WINNER:

VirginiaR, at a bid of $50. Congratulations!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
dance party This, too! dance party Awesome! Where's my wallet? I'm so excited! KatherineKent, expect proof coming soon!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Congrats, Virginia!
no, did not outbid you. Just wanted to give you the option to go for 60, if you wanted to and depending your spending plan smile
Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Michael. Hey, didn't you just go to sleep? Are you on the LnC 4 hour plan? (4 hours of sleep, gives you 4 hours longer to read FanFic.)

EDIT: My mistake. For some reason I thought you went to sleep 5pm Board Time, not a couple hours earlier. Ooopps... Never mind. blush

Last edited by VirginiaR; 04/29/14 12:51 AM. Reason: Added text

VirginiaR.
---
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well. It's been interesting and exciting seeing you two fight it out for this. I didn't expect there to be so much interest as we are much more about the 'fic' on these boards than anything else.

Story banners/front covers/posters are much bigger on Ksite. Almost every story gets one (of ranging quality).

I'll be in contact soon Virginia. Looks like we won each other's auctions too! How cool is that.

Michael ... you want a banner so badly? PM me ... lets see what I can do.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard