Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Hi everyone!

Since there is no time of day that will suit everyone in every time zone, I wanted to find out if there is a time of day that is more suitable to the greatest number of FoLCs. Please let me know what time of day will work best for you! All times are Central DST, or UTC-5. You may choose more than one time.

The Kerth Ceremony will be held on Saturday, April 23.

2016 Kerth Ceremony Start Time
multiple choice
Votes accepted starting: 04/11/16 05:35 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Central time zone is 2 hours later than PST (West Coast USA) and 1 hour before EST (Eastern USA). Basically, Illinois through Texas. It's also Saskatchewan/Manitoba in Canada and Eastern Mexico / most of Central America. South America, apparently you don't have Daylight Savings (can we envy you?), so Columbia and Peru currently have the same time zone as CMT. (Please correct me, if I'm wrong as half maps said you were also the same as EST.)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Um, what's that in English money? No reference to GMT there. Eek. I'm guessing the UTC was the same thing as GMT?

Unfortunately only the 4pm will be suitable for me, otherwise I will be asleep in my chair.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Yup, KatherineKent, UTC and GMT are the same thing. So if you're on GMT/UTC then Central time is 5 hours behind you.

Time zones confuse the heck out of me lol. I ended up googling "what time is it in central time right now"

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great idea to poll times notworthy ...

Congrats, again, everyone!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
8pm or 10pm Central works best for me - they're the only times when my little twinadoes will be in bed, freeing me up to be online.

Love the poll, BTW! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Any of the times suit me... For once being on the opposite side of the world works to my advantage! It'll be morning here smile

Excellent idea, voting on the times.

Feli

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Deadly Chakram and I are on the same schedule! If IRC doesn't kick me out that is! help

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
A
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
I'm glad everyone appreciates the poll! It'll be open until this weekend, and I'll post the final time after that.

Thanks!
Amber smile

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
There are only 14 votes cast so far. I know that I voted for two different time slots that would work for me, so at most 13 people have voted thus far. And since I am probably not alone in having voted for more than one time slot, there are probably even fewer voters. Are some people refraining from voting because none of the slots would work? Or are there really so few people who care about when the ceremony is held?

The active (i.e., posting) population has dwindled here considerably over the past couple of years -- or so it seems to me, anyway -- but the paucity of responses to this poll really saddens me.

- Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
I didn't vote because any of the times will work for me. My greater issue is getting onto IRC - I haven't been able to figure it out before. I'll try again though. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Susan,

Thanks for cheering me up a bit with your reply. I hope you have a *lot* of company in your reason for not voting.

Good luck with the IRC. I'm going to have to refresh my memory, as well. The only time I ever use it is for the Kerth ceremonies.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
I haven't voted because I'll be away from the Internet that whole afternoon and evening.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Good luck with the IRC. I'm going to have to refresh my memory, as well. The only time I ever use it is for the Kerth ceremonies.
Me, too. A refresher course for us non-regular IRC users would probably be a good idea (especially since I think I missed last year). I know that there's not only a specific room(s) to go to but also a specific channel or route or something (the jargon fails me) to get to that room. The first time I tried, I ended up being in a room by myself because I was on the wrong channel or frequency. So, every year I know it's hit or miss whether I'll find the right path to the right room. lol

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
If it would help, I can write a brief 'how-to' for IRC

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
If it would help, I can write a brief 'how-to' for IRC
Thank you! smile

Personally, I did choose the earlier two times as the evenings are my time with my family. Also, I thought it would be easier for our friends/members in Europe to participate more than if it were in the middle of the night for them.

VirginiaR.
---
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Okay, I'll get on it and try to have it posted later today smile

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Okay, I've posted a link to the how-to (it's a google doc) in the How-To's forum smile Sorry it took an extra day, I got caught up in uni stuff

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just thinking, I may be able to make the 6pm Central Time. I'll have my husband keep the kids occupied and maybe just keep them up until the Kerths are over. It might even help them go to sleep faster since they should be tired from running around.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Did we ever get a final ruling on what time the ceremony would start?

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard