Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#276937 09/09/17 10:27 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
With all the destruction going on with Irma's impending movement up the SouthEast and Harvey's destruction of the coast of South Central Texas region I thought it might be good to have a post for everyone to check in and let us know you're okay...How you're handling the storm. That sorta thing.

We're in Nashville this weekend for my son's birthday but we'll be back in Pelham, AL tomorrow. My husband's work is trying to send people down to Florida to help with the clean-up BEFORE it hits. dizzy I'm not exactly thrilled with this line of thinking.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wouldn't it make more sense to wait until after the damage is done to send in the cleanup crew? That way they don't risk being harmed themselves.

(I'm safe, by the way. I'm in California.)

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Annie B.
Wouldn't it make more sense to wait until after the damage is done to send in the cleanup crew? That way they don't risk being harmed themselves.

(I'm safe, by the way. I'm in California.)

They're afraid they won't be able to get in there to help is what was said. Thankfully Tommy wasn't one of the ones sent. help Still frustrating though because the plan makes no sense and there's nothing anyone can really do about it. mad The storm appears to keep moving further north of Birmingham so I'm hoping it'll pass us without any damage.

Glad you're safe Annie B. I know a lot of people that are trying to ride the storm out despite the evacuations. Hoping everyone stays safe through the storm. wave

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My prayers go out to everyone who wasn't as lucky as me: I just got to New York yesterday with my parents. I live in Florida.

~•~
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
My prayers go out to everyone who wasn't as lucky as me: I just got to New York yesterday with my parents. I live in Florida.

Glad you're safe Queenie. #prayers

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Columnist
Columnist
Glad you are safe, Queenie. I am in North Carolina and we are getting some rain finally and a little bit of wind. Nothing like Florida or other places got.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks so much for putting up this post!

I am concerned about Ken Janney. He lives in Florida and as yet has not contacted me.

My section of North Carolina is getting a lot of rain.

How is everyone else!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana
I am concerned about Ken Janney. He lives in Florida and as yet has not contacted me.
I haven't heard from him, either, and he hasn't been on this site since the 6th.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
I emailed Ken on Sunday my time, and he said he was safe and secure

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
We got a lot of rain and some strong winds. There may have been some minor flooding by the fields near the river, that happens a lot, but I've been too sick to leave the house this week, so I don't know how high the river got. So other than currently being sick I'm okay.

Last edited by Lady Loisette; 09/14/17 12:17 AM.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Safe and snug in CT. I feel guilty admitting that we've been having beautiful weather here. Hoping all the rest of the FoLCs are okay!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard