Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#20680 04/10/05 03:20 PM
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
As a result of the poll thread here , here is a new thread where authors may post WHAM warnings, 'broken toys' reassurances etc, rather than including them at the start of their story, thus spoiling some readers who don't want to be spoiled.

Use of this thread is by no means compulsory! But if you wish to use this thread, here's what to do:

Authors:

If you don't want to post the warning yourself - because your name showing as the last poster might alert readers to the fact that you've posted a warning - send your warning to admins@lcficmbs.com. Include your name and your story title plus the warning you'd like to have posted. In the subject-line of your email, please write WHAM warning thread.

For example, if I'd used this thread for A Twist of Fates, I would have posted something like this:

A Twist of Fates by Wendy Richards

This is a TOGOM adaptation in which Lois is killed stopping the bullet which was meant for Clark. However, I promise to put all my toys back together by the end.
Readers:

If you prefer to know about WHAMs, or want to be reassured that authors will fix their toys etc, then check this thread whenever there's a new story, or whenever you notice that there's a new post here.

If you don't want to know any spoilers, just don't open this thread!

As soon as this thread gets to one complete page, it will be unstickied and a new one started. That way you won't have to scroll through two pages to see the latest warnings.

Hoping this helps.

Wendy smile
Boards Administrator

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#20681 09/23/05 06:37 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The Road Taken
by Terry Leatherwood

"The Road Taken" contains an ending where one of the main characters of the story dies. I mean, the character REALLY DIES! No magic comebacks, no miracles, no Superman interventions, no "deus ex machina" saved-at-the-last-nanosecond reprieves. This character dies and stays dead. The toy stays busted.

Sorry about that. I honestly can't resolve the conflict any other way.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#20682 10/21/05 01:05 PM
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
WHAM warning for a new story:

24 Hours
by Wendy Richards

This story, which I will start posting some time in the next few days, begins with a very serious WHAM. Scroll down if you want more details.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

The story places Lois in a life-and-death situation. For most of the story, she is critically ill. As always, I intend to put my toys back safely - well, more or less safely wink - before the end, so never fear: it's not a deathfic.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#20683 12/19/05 01:55 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Have a Little Faith in Me
By Shannon & Lisa

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Our story has Lois and Clark coping with the death of their son, which has put a strain on LnC marraige> Yes, it does get worse b/c Clark is called back to Krypton. But don't worry there will be a happy ending

Misha: I'm not a crackpot!

Martha: No dear, trust me, you are.
#20684 05/28/06 08:40 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Near Wild Heaven II - Belonging, by Kaethel

I originally didn't plan on posting a warning for the next part as in concerns a minor character, but since so many readers seemed to like Dave (Lois's editor-in-chief), I must warn you that that first part was the only section where you'll see him, since he dies in the part I'm going to post tonight.

Sorry guys!

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#20685 06/14/06 12:56 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Remember Me
By MetroRhodes

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

I will begin posting this story tomorrow, June 15th. 2 characters die in this story, although I do not consider this story a deathfic. One is a major character and one is a supporting character. I wasn't originally going to post a WHAM warning because the death of the major character isn't permanent. The character is alive and well at the end of the story. Also, the supporting character who dies - I didn't really kill this character off, the series did that. They died in the series. But since there are strong feelings about deathfics, I thought a warning would be appropriate.

If you feel that you need further information before you would feel comfortable reading this story, go to my profile and e-mail me at my e-mail address - I'll provide you with as much or few extra details as you want.

Thanks!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#20686 07/05/06 11:29 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I've been writing a story and it has been suggested that I add a wham warning, so here it is..

The story: 'A New Hero' (formerly 'Zared')

The wham: Lois is dead.

I hope you like the story anyway.

Nancy

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#20687 08/22/06 01:16 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Silent Agreements by bakasi

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Certainly not deathfic, but if you're unhappy with one of the main characters being injured, just stay away.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#20688 08/22/06 11:56 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Choices and Consequences Take One and Two deal with the aftermath of tragic deaths in Lois's life, but Resolution puts all the toys back where they were.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#20689 09/06/06 01:22 PM
R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
The Roads They Walked Alone Part 42

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

A tertiary character (but one I liked a lot) is about to buy the farm and in a rather unpleasant way. Unfortunately, such is the nature of war. My apologies if the death of a minor character is upsetting.

#20690 09/24/06 04:27 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Time Doesn’t Heal by Dandello

A year after Lois’s death, Clark can’t take it any more. Deaths of two major characters, one by their own hand. The toys stay busted. (Until the sequel at least.)

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#20691 01/31/07 05:39 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Part 13 is the one and only part of No, In Any Language that may bother some readers. While the violence is mild and mostly inoffensive I wanted to warn the readers that if they are particularly sensitive to discussions about rape or campus violence they might want to avoid this part.

Elisabeth

#20692 04/12/07 01:35 PM
H
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
H
Men of Steele 13 contains a fair bit of violence that might offend some readers it isnt' anything you'd see in a Tarantino film, but it's defintly more then you'd see on LnC.

New Rule: Don't call me when you're stuck in traffic. It's not my fault radio sucks. And did it ever occur to you that there wouldn't be so much traffic if people like you put down the phone and concentrated on the road? Besides, I can't talk now--I'm in the car behind you, trying to watch a DVD.~Bill Maher
#20693 10/02/07 12:31 PM
Blogger
Blogger
For those who like to be forwarned of WHAMs...

The story Zenith posted by clrgard has a WHAM in that Clark/Superman is blind as a result of Dr. Leit's device and his eyesight did not improve with the use of the infrared light.

"Everything is okay in the end... If it's not okay, then it's not the end." ~Anonymous
#20694 05/10/08 07:20 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
"Further On Down The Road" has a character death coming. I really can't tell you any more than that, except that it's a permanent death and no sleight of hand will bring the victim back.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#20695 09/23/08 01:40 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
This is a general warning for On The Other Hand.

Besides what is mentioned more specifically below, the characters do find themselves in life and death situations on more than one occasion. However, this is *not* a death fic of any kind - in fact, I can only think of a couple periphery characters that may die so...

There are also the general life difficulties that tend to come over the course of several years.

In Ch. 7, there is a potential implied sort of WHAM as in - the characters aren't sure if something bad happened or not - there's no clear memory or way to know the whole truth about what happened at the this point [though they do later]. I honestly did try to find another way around this particular plot point, but I just couldn't. I would imagine by Ch. 10-11 or so, it'll probably start to become clear why the plot point had to be there. It will become clearer still in Ch. 20 or 21 why it was needed.

If you feel that you need more details, please email or PM either now or later smile .

Thanks smile .
Carol

#20696 11/12/08 02:36 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sleep
by Classicalla

A short deathfic.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#20697 12/17/08 06:04 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I've been debating for weeks whether to post a WHAM for this chapter of "A Box of Swiss Chocolates", but I finally decided I'd better be safe in case it really bothers some readers.

As any reader who read chapter 21 knows, Kiley is sick. In chapter 22, she is critically ill.

For those who need to know the outcome of this,
*S
*P
*O
*I
*L
*I
*E
*R
*S
*P
*A
*C
*E

Kiley is fine by the end of the chapter.

#20698 04/28/09 06:50 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Adrift involves death.

If you need to know more, feel free to PM me.

#20699 05/18/09 09:33 AM
Beat Reporter
Online Sleepy
Beat Reporter
I'm going to post a short story which deals with the death of a main character.

If someone needs more information just send me a message.

Kathryn
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard