Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
The road trip continues, as does the emotional roller coaster. Please keep your hands and feet inside the conveyance at all times, and don't stand while passing under the overhead crossbars.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great last two Chapters!!! Can't wait for more!
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Kerth
Kerth
Catching up tonight...sorry I missed commenting on the last few parts. I am enjoying the story immensely!

Maybe even warp ten if the tires are really as firm as they look.

Tisk, tisk. Excessive warp speed causes environmental damage. You should really follow the Federation speed limit of warp 5. wink

CONGRATULATIONS – YOU’VE BEEN RICKROLLED
Bwaaaahhaaaaahhhaaaa!!!!! rotflol rotflol rotflol

Wonderful UST - they both know they shouldn't be falling for each other, and yet they can't change how they feel. But their journey is coming to an end and they have no reason to think they have any sort of future together. whinging I have no idea how this story will end, but my romantic heart hopes they'll find a way to be together. love

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aha! Finally got a chance to drop a line or three ...

“I certainly hope so.” He waited for a moment, then said, “I think we’ll get there by about eight tonight, assuming you don’t have a lead foot in this car and rocket us down the road. We don’t need a ticket for going over warp seven.”

“Warp seven? How very Trekkie of you.”

“The proper term is Trekker, and my instructions stand. Once we get out of Oklahoma City, the speed limit goes up to seventy. I don’t know how much attention those licenses will stand, so the helm officer needs to stay below warp seven point two.”

She stuck her tongue out at him. “Killjoy.”

Wheee! Love the Star Trek reference. Yes, those of us where into the show before the rest of the world discovered it prefer Trekker. The term Trekkie always get on my nerves. Those of us who watched the show when it first appeared in 1966 are in our fifties, sixties and seventies, Trekkie sounds like a bunch of kids running around wearing pointy ears and yelling, "Phasers on stun!" Sorry I don't mean to offend anyone.

The car's name is Farrah? Why?

Great story. Poor Lois and Clark are falling in love and there is no way out, especially the Nigel and Asabi on their trail.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Well, time for more feedback on the feedbacks. Here goes something!

Artemis, thanks for reading. Hope you enjoy the next chapter, too.

Groobie, glad you liked the Star Trek references. And I kind of cheated on the Rickroll - it wasn't a thing until several years after the story takes place. But it's a different world, so we'll pretend that along with the space station, human cloning, and intelligent humanoid robots, Rick Astley was claimed by Internet trolls a few years earlier than he was here. And the UST - thanks for the kudos. That kind of writing doesn't usually come naturally to me, but in this tale it flowed almost as smoothly as the action scenes. Plus I needed something to distract Lois from the things Clark can do that he's a little too good at. No spoilers here - but trust your romantic heart.

Morgana, glad you knew the difference between Trekkie and Trekker. As far as the car's name, it's the same model driven by Farrah Fawcett in the first season of Charlie's Angels on TV. Hers even had the same blue trim. And you fear there's no way out? Maybe they'll surprise you.

Next chapter up in moments!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard