Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Man, Lois really can't see what's in front of her, can she? She's all upset with Clark's disappearances and didn't even think to question the fact that Scardino lied to her from word one (double-standards need not apply in Lois's POV.)

I'll agree with Lois that Clark strung Mayson along while he woo'd Lois, but she doesn't seem to have much sympathy (empathy) for Clark or conceive that Mayson dying in Clark's arms might be something he needs to heal from. Even if he wasn't interested in Mayson, she was still his friend. Going off with Dan while Clark was mourning his friend wasn't really giving Clark the vibes that she was someone to whom he should open up to and reveal where he disappeared off to.

The question is: will Clark be willing to open up his heart to her a third time? Maybe while she was off griping with Daniel about Clark, Clark went off and started dating someone else. Dark stuff, indeed.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
First off, welcome back to the boards! wave

As she retrieved her phone to call her best friend to, hopefully, correct a few of their mistakes, she hoped she wasn't going to be making a tradition of sabotaging her life around this time of year...

Lois, if you want to work yourself back into Clark Kent's personal life calling him up is never going to succeed. Skip the pity party with the ice cream and walk over to his apartment right now. Asking forgiveness and following though from than on as a friend is the only means to get him to start talking to you.

Great story Lieta! Perhaps we will be seeing more? thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I'll be the first to admit I really disliked Dan. (Though in this I at least *tried* to be fair, as well as this being *Lois'* point of view.)

First of all, he comes off (to me) as the kind of guy who's way more interested in luring a Lois away from Clark than he is in Lois herself. Any guy that goes from 0 to 60 like that when he's well aware there's another guy in the picture strikes me as a questionable prospect... not that Lois made a firm stand for her commitment to Clark, but still.

Secondly there was the inherent hypocrisy of him always ragging on Clark for running off and being secretive given his profession. (Not that either Dan or Lois had any idea Clark was being called away for his 'volunteer work' rather than just zipping off due to commitment phobia or whatever reason they privately seemed to agree upon that the show never really labels.) But at least that made it into this fic.

Thirdly, the whole idea that the writers, producers, whoever decided that Dan was needed at *that point* bugs me. There were enough issues with the whole Clark vs. Superman 'triangle', why did we need a 3rd guy for the second season in a row? It just served to make Lois look at best unsympathetic to Clark, as Virginia pointed out, and possibly insecure if not neurotic, and at worst flakey, pliable and shallow... which makes Dan feel like Lex 2.0 without the manipulative and borderline dominating/abusive tendencies and secret criminal activities, though a least one fic (Shayne Terry's "Dear Lois") linked Dan to B-39. I could have seen the need for a 'Dan' character around the time Mayson showed up or possibly between Phoenix and Lucky Leon... but after that, if just makes the whole thing feel soap opera-ish. Not that Clark really looks good with Mayson in the wings after the 'Almost First Date' either *especially* with how close the 'weekend getaway with Mayson' is to that (one episode previously).

...and there's the rantiness I harbor for Dan that I was trying to keep out of the actual fic...

Last edited by Lieta; 04/18/16 11:15 AM. Reason: corrected author plug
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There’s another one! hyper
Apparently the cave swallows that make my apartment building their summer nesting site
shock

and there are definitely equal hints of my dislike of good old Dan
Meanwhile, we’ve discovered this graemlin to signify Dan: [Linked Image]

Lois Lane stared down at her phone in frank disbelief. She could not *believe* how much fate had to be laughing at her right this minute.
/imagines Fate painting another Lois-shaped mark on its spaceship/

Then her best friend had to push the boundaries once again.
Asked her out on a date, huh?
LOIS: Wha-Mmpf-t? No, the *dolt* thought that I could help him with how to best court that blonde ADA! Me! Relationship-advice giver. Really?

But to leave in the middle of a date? Or when they were trying to hash out their relationship?
To be fair, there could be worse moments to disappear. Like right in the middle of a trip to the dark side. Now, *that* would be awkward evil

They were *supposed* to be going away together for a weekend alone, hopefully moving their relationship into new territory away
shock sick

Instead Dan had been sent out on an undercover operation in California that could take *months* to complete.
Meanwhile…
SUPERMAN: /Dear Lois, I am writing to you to tell you that I have found spiritual guidance in the form of a long-legged blonde with a surfer board and won’t be returning any time soon. Yours, always, Dan/ So, you think she’ll by that?
DAN: Mmmpppfff.
SUPERMAN: You agree? Great.

As she retrieved her phone to call her best friend to, hopefully, correct a few of their mistakes, she hoped she wasn't going to be making a tradition of sabotaging her life around this time of year...
rotflol

Adorable little piece! clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great story notworthy...

I was always a bit frustrated by Dan--and Mayson--coming into the love triangle between Lois and Clark. First season, we had Lex...who I honestly enjoyed for how greatly evil he really was. But by the second season, by the time Lois and Clark had gotten together back into a good place (following Lois' almost-wedding to Lex), by the time they had both danced around their feelings towards each other in TOGOM and SG, by the time they had had their 'almost first date' and actual date, I just really wanted to see THEM.

See THEM on screen together. See THEM navigate the craziness that is co-workers, turned partners, turned friends, turned best friends, turned boyfriend/girlfriend, turned hopefully man and wife.

I was just really past 'other people' being around, being in the picture (of Lois and Clark's relationship) smile.

I get that the show had to keep up angst. Create situations to draw the storyline between Lois and Clark out. But deep down, it all just seemed like excuses to keep them apart. And to me, that was kinda annoying grin.

I'm not sure if I had an actual issue with Mayson, with Dan, looking back on the show. I think it was more that I just wanted to watch Lois and Clark fall in love...

Really enjoyed this!!! Great job!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Well Micheal, I guess there should be a disclaimer that this assumes Lois made a different choice in WWW? (But that Clark also didn't pull the melodramatic act of figuratively taking his toys and going home when Lois decided she didn't want to play either...)

**Little Ranty ahead**

This fic mostly came from all the things I dislike about how TV is written now a days... and most of these things were around in LnC at some point but are so much more melodramatic now...

I have a few pet peeves in TV... the pushy "you-know-you-want-me" guy who somehow comes off as attractive and not stalkerish, obsessive, creepy, annoying, chauvinistic, controlling... you get the idea... (do not *ever* get me started on Twilight... I'll call in my lawyer friend who can write a dissertation on her dislike of that one...) This seems to be some archetype of what alternate choice guy should be... It was Demming on Castle, Bryce and whatever SR Superman's character was named on Chuck, heck it was Wickham in Pride and Prejudice! And they are unoriginal by this point... As much as I dislike SR, at least the alternative guy seemed like just a genuinely nice human being who truly cared about the pivotal corner of the triangle (Lois).

Another is the 'whiplash' romantic turnaround... that includes *both* WWW and Lois saying 'I can't' instead of 'I do', House in Help Me and many other times, Bones and Castle with the 'lets do the final get together as melodramatically as possible' episodes as well as many other times...

And that circles back to the name of the fic... a majority of these characters which drive me crazy or plots that are weak or come out of the blue are done to set up season finale cliffhangers. And they are the reason I've pretty much given up watching any series as it's televised. HoL, while it still has elements of the finale annoyances, doesn't end with the over-dramatic hooks that ATAI, BGDF, and Family Hour all did... and boy did Family Hour backfire for them! HoL was great because it ends off with most of the loose ends for the season tied up nicely, but still with subtle things like Lois' final lines to say 'Hey, if you liked this, join us next season!' instead of beating us over the head with 'You know you *have* to know how this ends so you *have* to come back and count the days till the next season!' like most shows seam to do now...

Sara "Lieta"
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted by Lieta
Well Micheal, I guess there should be a disclaimer that this assumes Lois made a different choice in WWW? (But that Clark also didn't pull the melodramatic act of figuratively taking his toys and going home when Lois decided she didn't want to play either...)

**Little Ranty ahead**

This fic mostly came from all the things I dislike about how TV is written now a days... and most of these things were around in LnC at some point but are so much more melodramatic now...

I have a few pet peeves in TV... the pushy "you-know-you-want-me" guy who somehow comes off as attractive and not stalkerish, obsessive, creepy, annoying, chauvinistic, controlling... you get the idea... (do not *ever* get me started on Twilight... I'll call in my lawyer friend who can write a dissertation on her dislike of that one...) This seems to be some archetype of what alternate choice guy should be... It was Demming on Castle, Bryce and whatever SR Superman's character was named on Chuck, heck it was Wickham in Pride and Prejudice! And they are unoriginal by this point... As much as I dislike SR, at least the alternative guy seemed like just a genuinely nice human being who truly cared about the pivotal corner of the triangle (Lois).

Another is the 'whiplash' romantic turnaround... that includes *both* WWW and Lois saying 'I can't' instead of 'I do', House in Help Me and many other times, Bones and Castle with the 'lets do the final get together as melodramatically as possible' episodes as well as many other times...

And that circles back to the name of the fic... a majority of these characters which drive me crazy or plots that are weak or come out of the blue are done to set up season finale cliffhangers. And they are the reason I've pretty much given up watching any series as it's televised. HoL, while it still has elements of the finale annoyances, doesn't end with the over-dramatic hooks that ATAI, BGDF, and Family Hour all did... and boy did Family Hour backfire for them! HoL was great because it ends off with most of the loose ends for the season tied up nicely, but still with subtle things like Lois' final lines to say 'Hey, if you liked this, join us next season!' instead of beating us over the head with 'You know you *have* to know how this ends so you *have* to come back and count the days till the next season!' like most shows seam to do now...

I found this post to be very interesting, and insightful into the nature of modern television. Also, I hate Twilight too. If I were Sparkles The Cutesty-Wutesty Licckle Whampire, I'd have snapped Bland Whatshername's neck, like Killer Man Who Wear's Superman's Costume Missing The Outside Underwear in Man Of Steel did to Not-Mr Stamp-Zod. Wow, that was very rambly. Anyway, am I the only one who wants to read a story where Clark melts every copy of all the Twitlight books and movies into nothingness?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Welcome back!

Great little story. Dan always irked me. Yeah, I know Clark was being kind of a jerk with stringing Mayson along and his secret and all. But Dan seemed oblivious to Lois' wants and needs unless the aligned with his own.

Now, Lois, put the phone down and GO TO CLARK. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Thanks =) I'm kinda kicking around doing a mirror of Clark's thoughts this same evening... especially a Clark who picked up what was supposed to happen and doesn't know what did happen yet...

Sara "Lieta"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!

Yeah, those untwist ones sure are fun laugh But there's no drama! No murder! Can you imagine what TV would look like if people behaved *sane*? And *reasonable*?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Television I could actually stand to watch more than one season of now a days? =p

Sara "Lieta"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard