Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks to my BRs - Iolanthe, MozartMaid, and Lynn for sticking with a story that took a long time to write and was often rough when it arrived in their in-boxes.

I don't know when the sixth and final story in this series will be ready to be posted. It's one of four projects, and I'm getting less time to write these days.

Thanks to those readers who left FDK. Your encouragement and interest helped me continue when I wasn't sure if this fic would ever be finished.

Corrina. wave

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! I am blown away buy the events. Poor Lois! I hope she finds him quickly. I hope he hasn't changed too much. That would be terrible, if clark was no longer Clark. I am looking forward to more soon. Keep it coming! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
please finish!!! you can't leave me like this!!!

i realize the boards have been slow - i don't check in all that often, but i still enjoy your stories. I re-read them all the time!

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Il love your stories, Corrina. English is not my first language (writing in english is a little difficult for me), but I can read it without any problem. Even long stories: I read TMTY ... twice!

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you for completing this story Corrina! You are a great encouragement for the rest of us!!! hyper

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooooh! Final part!
Other than the body of Tempus, she was alone in the time machine. "Where's Clark?"
Oh dear!

"Lane?" he said weakly. "Lois, is that you? What are you doing here? What happened to you? What happened to me?"
Oh boy.

Everything happened too quickly. He pushed me off. I stood up, took out my gun ... I didn't even think about it. He was going to escape.
Huh. That was awfully risky of Tempus to go to that exact spot in time. And where did Paul get a gun from?

"He has returned to his life."

"His life?" Lois squeaked. "His life where?"

"In Smallville."
Oh dear. How are you going to solve all this within this last part? Is Clark simply being reset to a pre-Tempus state?

"So ... I'm the only Lois?"
1993 Lois? With all her memory intact? Will she be able to save her parents? Will this be an almost-canon situation now?

They had lost over four months. All of her time with Clark had dissolved in the quirks of time travel, but that didn't matter. They would be together.
Are you pulling a Chuck here?

So I programmed it to return to default in the event that it undertake three consecutive journeys without the secret code being keyed in."
Ooooooh!

but I neglected to mention the imperative nature of the secret code."
Oops?

"Did he really live through so many different times just to die here and now?"
/tries to feel really sad for Tempus/

"As a true Utopian, I can never condone violence and misdeeds against one's fellow man," Wells said, "but the chronicles of time will be better served without Tempus prowling around them."
Very convenient, Mr. Wells. Very convenient smile1

I don't know when the sixth and final story in this series will be ready to be posted.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow, what an amazing ending. You've set up the beginnings of what could be a truly great story of Lois, this time, having to court Clark and get him to see her for who she really is.

HG Wells is always a lot smarter than most people give him credit for, and the little failsafe measure was truly an example of that.

Who would have guessed Kryptonite could actually save humans from losing their memories? Interesting twist!

I'm afraid of what this Personality Potion has done to Clark, but I love all these reassurances that Clark loves Lois. I'm hoping that the Potion can't change that innate attraction--and maybe that chance meeting between our Lois and young Clark will be a key to restoring his memories in some form or fashion.

(Darth Michael, love the way you called it 'pulling a Chuck.' If it's as well done as Chuck was, I won't complain at all! smile )

Loved this story, Female Hawk--thanks for posting it!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I find the end of this story refreshing. A lot of times you see Clark having go after Lois and get her to fall in love with him.

Now we get to see it the other way around. Plus, not sure if it would apply in this story, but I love seeing jealous Lois. I see jealous Clark all the time, but for it to be the other way around, I'm very excited to read the final part in the series.

~I Love this tragic sometimes magic awful beautiful life!~
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I've been MIA lately, but I wanted to thank everyone who followed this story and left comments. If I try to go back and answer all the FDK for the last few parts, I might never get it done, so I decided to just do the final part.

Laura I really appreciate all of your FDK, Laura. Thanks so much.

Sarah Thanks for continuing to read, even though there was such a long gap between story 4 and story 5.

Sydney Hi, thanks for posting. TMTY twice ... eek

Morgana Thanks for all the comments, Morgana. I'm glad you were reading along.

Michael Your FDK posts are always a highlight of my day, Michael. Thank you. I didn't understand your 'Chuck' reference, but since the day I wrote the first scene of 'Weekend in Smallville,' I was working towards a reverse situation - Lois in love with Clark, Lois with the superior knowledge re the superpowers.

Looking forward to your next project, Corrina!
Thanks!

Anti-K I really appreciated your insightful comments throughout the fic.

You've set up the beginnings of what could be a truly great story of Lois, this time, having to court Clark and get him to see her for who she really is.
That's what I was aiming for.

I'm afraid of what this Personality Potion has done to Clark,
I needed this because canon is that Clark sees Lois and falls in love. If that were to happen in this case, there would be no story.

2A2TV Thanks for your comments. It's always wonderful when readers 'get' what I'm trying to do.

OK ... update.

Well, depending on how you look at it, there's good news and bad news. laugh

'Led Astray' was the first story I've written where I had to force myself to stick at it. My muse, Goo, deserted me, and it was a long, hard slog.

I had intended to keep going and write the sixth story, but frankly, writing that way isn't much fun.

So, I took a break, wrote some other things, and then, from nowhere, Goo tapped me on the shoulder and said, 'I have an idea. Let's write.'

So, we're writing. It's LnC, but it isn't a part of this series. I want to get it finished before I start posting, but I'm working on Part 7 out of an estimated 10-12, so it shouldn't be too much longer.

Thanks to everyone who continues to read my stories. sloppy

Corrina.

K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
I've just caught up on this wonderful story and I loved it. I hope that Goo is going to behave and we will have a pleasure to read the final part. Anyway,we are all waiting patiently for any story Female Hawk will share with us. Good luck with Goo smile1

KateB
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Your FDK posts are always a highlight of my day, Michael. Thank you.
Awwww thanks! You're very welcome!

I didn't understand your 'Chuck' reference,
Recently ended TV show. They built the main character and his love interest into a couple, got them hitched in the final season and then in the final four or so episodes wiped her memory from all that happened during the show. They ended it with the first hint of them getting to know each other again before the curtain fell for the final time. It was very...conflicting.

but since the day I wrote the first scene of 'Weekend in Smallville,' I was working towards a reverse situation - Lois in love with Clark, Lois with the superior knowledge re the superpowers.
hyper Breaks are allowed. Breaks lead to TMTY and WW and AR.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks, Kate Hearing that people enjoyed the fic is great encouragement to get back to it.

Michael

Bad Goo! Tell him he has to sit out *two* Hawks games for desertion.
LOL. I can't remember if I've ever said that my muse, Goo, is named after my current favourite Hawk player. *That* Goo can definitely not sit out two games. grumble

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Corrina,

Any idea when (if??) you will ever finish this? Actually it could end here but a nice wrap up would be great. That way you could do the reverse situation that you talked about earlier in this FDK. Lois will definitely know more about the situation than Clark this time around...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

R
Blogger
Blogger
R
Was the 6th part in this series ever posted??? I'm on the edge of my seat!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard