Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey! That hero guy sure does look familiar! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
This is interesting - it's a completely different dynamic from Superman's introduction in the show. This isn't an international news event, nor is Lois in danger; rather, it's quieter, a smaller and more personal story, slightly distant from Metropolis, and Lois is only there in a reporting capacity. It seems like those differences would impact the story going forward, particularly in how Lois feels about Superman. She isn't as emotionally wrapped up with his introduction here, plus she already has a prior relationship building with Clark, so maybe that will give her a sense of emotional distance with respect to Superman. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
This is interesting - it's a completely different dynamic from Superman's introduction in the show. This isn't an international news event, nor is Lois in danger; rather, it's quieter, a smaller and more personal story, slightly distant from Metropolis, and Lois is only there in a reporting capacity. It seems like those differences would impact the story going forward, particularly in how Lois feels about Superman. She isn't as emotionally wrapped up with his introduction here, plus she already has a prior relationship building with Clark, so maybe that will give her a sense of emotional distance with respect to Superman. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out. smile

Bingo! I wanted the rescue to be the polar opposite of what we got on the show, just to further twist this version of the story. And I definitely didn't want Lois to be the one he rescued. Still, even with the smaller rescue/more intimate circumstances, everyone's going to know about the new hero in town...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes! A new entry!

Jimmy grabbed the camera bag from the floor. He reached into a drawer and threw a handful of extra rolls of film into the bag. He often joked about his tendency to travel like a "pack mule," but Clark had yet to see the young photographer ever be unprepared in any way, shape, or form.

Say what you want, but Jimmy is always ready for an adventure! That's what comes from hanging around with Lois and Clark in this or any universe.

"Good point," Jimmy said, checking his camera and slipping the strap around his neck. "I'm with CK on this one. In fact," he added, throwing a glance around, "I'll cover that group over there."

It also doesn't hurt to have him around when Clark needs to get something done without letting Lois know what that something is! LOL! thumbsup

"I'm okay, Daddy. Nonna left the camp at night, even though you told us not to go out alone. I went with her. I tried to get her to go back, but she wouldn't until it was too late and I couldn't find the way back. Link found us, but Nonna was tired and went to sleep under a tree. We couldn't get back. He found us and said he would help," she added, pointing at Clark, no longer with fear in her eyes, but gratitude.

Smart little girl, all she wanted to do was help her Grandmother. Good thing Link followed along to keep them company. I am so glad this was not a kidnapping!

He loved being the caped hero.

clap

As Jimmy moved off to snap a few final photographs of the scene, Clark grinned to himself. Oh yes, this new hero was here to stay.

He sure is!

Now that Superman has arrived, we shall see what other directions this story is moving in. Next Saturday can not get here fast enough!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh what a lovely chapter! I love how this is the opposite of the space shuttle rescue - especially since this rescue doesn't involve any criminals and it's a lower-profile case than canon.

Helping when there's no crime involved seems so much closer to what Clark envisioned as helping. Plus there are advantages to not thwarting Luthor's plans on Superman's debut. thumbsup

Beautifully done! clap notworthy clap thumbsup clap

Only drawback is the wait until Saturday! Oh well, it will be worth it I'm sure. wink

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Morgana!

Glad you liked it! Jimmy *is* pretty awesome, isn't he? He's definitely a good match for keeping up with our heroes.

Hopefully, I'll be taking this in a direction no one is expecting!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Oh what a lovely chapter! I love how this is the opposite of the space shuttle rescue - especially since this rescue doesn't involve any criminals and it's a lower-profile case than canon.

Helping when there's no crime involved seems so much closer to what Clark envisioned as helping. Plus there are advantages to not thwarting Luthor's plans on Superman's debut. thumbsup

Beautifully done! clap notworthy clap thumbsup clap

Only drawback is the wait until Saturday! Oh well, it will be worth it I'm sure. wink

Thank you! I've been wanting to do a rescue like this for a while, but never really found it appropriate for the story I was working on. Until this one. I thought it was a perfect 180 from the rescue we got in canon, and one that worked better for this particular Superman's debut.

Luthor still isn't going to like the idea of Superman though!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've been looking forward to reading this since I saw you post the other day. Definitely worth the wait notworthy clap.

I really do like this switch from the Pilot. This debut is so much more intimate. It's not a problem with a rocket ship (that then gets lifted, amazingly, into space, no less shock ). It's not broadcast on national television shock. And it doesn't end with Lois being deposited at her desk in front of the newsroom for everyone to see shock. Not that I ever really had a problem with any of that, but this chapter offers such a great contrast dance.

Lois is intregued--it's a great news story, complete with a flying man jump --but, IMO, she seems very much more to be taking Superman's arrival for what it is...and not what her connection to the situation entails.

I was really wondering if she'd recognize Clark. Becoming closer friends, having a more personal relationship with him as Superman comes into being, I thought might let her see things (i.e. 'Clark') a lot easier. I guess we'll see about that wink.

Such a unique story--love it, DC smile
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
I've been looking forward to reading this since I saw you post the other day. Definitely worth the wait notworthy clap.

I really do like this switch from the Pilot. This debut is so much more intimate. It's not a problem with a rocket ship (that then gets lifted, amazingly, into space, no less shock ). It's not broadcast on national television shock. And it doesn't end with Lois being deposited at her desk in front of the newsroom for everyone to see shock. Not that I ever really had a problem with any of that, but this chapter offers such a great contrast dance.

Lois is intregued--it's a great news story, complete with a flying man jump --but, IMO, she seems very much more to be taking Superman's arrival for what it is...and not what her connection to the situation entails.

I was really wondering if she'd recognize Clark. Becoming closer friends, having a more personal relationship with him as Superman comes into being, I thought might let her see things (i.e. 'Clark') a lot easier. I guess we'll see about that wink.

Such a unique story--love it, DC smile
Laura

Glad it was worth the wait for you!

I liked the idea of the giant switch from canon...mostly for reasons that will come down the line later. I didn't want Lois to be any part of the rescue. I wanted her to be merely an observer, and to see how that might (along with her being already in a relationship with Clark) affect how she sees Superman. He's a story, yes, but he's not her dashing knight in blue spandex.

No, she doesn't recognize Clark. Just like canon Lois, she's a little blind to the disguise.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard