Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I really debated about where to end the last section. I was going to end it on Shadow getting shot but then I decided that I couldn’t leave you hanging about whether Shadow would live or die for an entire day. So, see, I’m really not that evil. wink

Oh, and you might be interested to know that tomorrow at midnight est will be my last post.

Again, please feel free to correct my French:

Reclamation Superman de Mayson Drake Discredite

The headline is supposed to read: Mayson Drake’s Superman Claim Discredited.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
D
Blogger
Blogger
D
Wow! I was not expecting this turn of events! That's a much more efficient (although painful) way of discrediting Mayson Drake's claims than using some flimsy hologram. I liked smile1

“UV radiation damage to the corneal epithelium is cumulative, similar to the effects with dermal epithelium...” Her voice trailed off as the pain killers took full effect and her eyes drifted closed.
Ah! So it looks like VirginiaR's (I think) prediction of Clark needing less sun exposure and not more seems to be accurate. Poor Clark, you've been doing it wrong all this time dance Lois' neighbours should be a bit less annoyed with her now.

Now, finally, for the grammar part:

Reclamation Superman de Mayson Drake discredite
The Paris Bulletin
By Bernard Duval
Ladies and gentlemen, please whip out your accents!

Your vocabulary is also off somewhat:
Réclamation usually translates to 'claim' in the legal sense (e.g. claiming reparation for a tort) or in the personal insurance sense. In this case, I would use Déclaration instead.

Finally, to be clearer, I would perhaps refer to Superman's identity.

Therefore, your title should be something like:

Identité de Superman: la déclaration de Mayson Drake discréditée

This was a hard one to translate because there are so many way to accidentally create an anglicism. Mind you, real francophone reporters are guilty of this on occasion too wink

I probably should have gone to bed and read this tomorrow morning... but the lure was too strong! I'm looking forward to your last part but will be sad when this is over mecry

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What's that flying through the air? Is it a bird? A plane? No, it's a red herring! You got me! I, too, thought Clark was going to use the hologram... well, he was, but he didn't have to. Good thing Lois loves Clark enough to jump in front of a bullet to save his identity.

Shadow! hyper

Dirt Digger Reporter Arrested For Breaking and Entering
The Daily Planet
By Robert Myerson
clap

it seemed to be universally agreed that if Lois Lane would jump in front of Clark Kent to save him from being shot, he must not be Superman. After all, she would know the truth... Today’s copy of the Dirt Digger had tried, of course, to perpetuate the idea that he was Superman - probably for the sake of their own pocketbooks - claiming that Superman should be tarred and feathered for protecting his own secret rather than saving Lois... If there was one universal truth that the entire world seemed to share it was that, regardless of who Superman might be or what it might cost him, he would never willingly allow harm to come to Lois Lane.
Well, Lois can no longer deny it. Even the tabloid press knows it's true. Lois and Clark are 100% in love! notworthy Or is she going to fight them on this too? No, not with only one part left. I'm guessing she'll just let this one slide on by. wink

Urban Dogs Magazine had approached him the previous night as he’d been waiting with Perry and his folks for both Lois and Shadow to get out of surgery, offering to pay all of Shadow’s medical bills if he would give them an interview about Shadow.
Oh, poor Shadow. Now the tabloid press is going to start hounding you. peep

“Do you think it might be possible to bring him over here?” Lois asked.

And it seemed Shadow’s crush might not be totally unrequited.

“In bed with you?” Clark asked. “Should I be jealous?”
Uh... Yes.

“Of course not. I just...” Her voice trailed off as she seemed to realize that he was kidding, informing him that she was still pretty out of it. It wasn’t like her to miss that obvious a joke.
Nope, she's just realizing it's true. Good thing they bought that nice comfy couch for Clark to sleep on. He's been replaced.

But... what if she couldn’t remember what she had known last night, when she had examined his eyes with adrenaline running through her system? The adrenaline had to have dissipated by now. So... would she be able to find the information again?
Well, when Lois is healed from being shot, Clark could just fly her up really high and drop her, that should kick start that adrenaline again and she'll remember just fine. She might not forgive him right away, but she'll remember what a lunkhead he's been about his health.

You know, I've been thinking with all these break-ins and tabloid press bothering the neighbors and all. Maybe it's about time Lois and Clark start co-habiting somewhere else. Perhaps a nice townhouse. Just a suggestion. Do we get to hear whatever happened to Nunk and Lamont? Did they end up on the rail... <<cough>> bus out of Smallville? Or are they Smallville's latest scarecrows thanks to one nasty bull? (Personally, I'm kind-of rooting for the latter.)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
“Superman’s invulnerable. So...” Clark fumbled around in his pocket for a moment, finally withdrawing his jackknife. He opened it before hesitating slightly, being certain to have everyone’s attention before he continued. Then he lifted his other hand and took a deep breath before making a small cut in his palm.
Cool. I was pretty close with my guess there. Good think they had a backup "proof" in case the hologram didn't work.

A second later, he was practically flying through the air towards Mayson just as Mayson pulled the trigger a second time.
clap

Joy,
Lynn

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
You're right, you could have been meaner. Thank you for refraining. smile

I don't see why tonight has to be your last post...you're only halfway through the series!

Amber smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Amberlea is right, pity this story has to end. A story by MLT is a treat!

So glad Shadow is OK. Glad Samantha Richards was arrested. Honestly how far do you go to get a story?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
In this world they let dogs have hospital beds next to their master's girlfriend? Sounds like a good world to me.

Enjoying this story.
Pat

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Glad you guys are still enjoying the story. And, hey, you had to have known that if I would give you Martha's hologram, that had to be because I wasn't planning on using it. laugh

Therefore, your title should be something like:

Identité de Superman: la déclaration de Mayson Drake discréditée
Thanks.

And poor Shadow! (I was going to send crazy running men after you if you *actually* killed him.)
laugh

I'm looking forward to your last part but will be sad when this is over
I'll be sorry to see the story end. It has been a wonderful read.
I don't see why tonight has to be your last post...you're only halfway through the series!
Amberlea is right, pity this story has to end.
Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you. But there are only three episodes and one part left of Episode 3. But if it makes you feel any better, tonight's post will be a long one.

Anyway, thanks for all the comments.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
Do you have another story waiting in the wings?

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Do you have another story waiting in the wings?
eek Let me put it this way... To paraphrase Lois: As of this moment, I don’t even have the tiniest fragment of something that might someday, with a lot of hard work, resemble a story.

Anyway, I'm working on the final part right now so I expect to have it up at midnight est.

ML wave

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wanted to do lot’s of nice FDK, and then I noticed this here:
Let me put it this way... To paraphrase Lois: As of this moment, I don’t even have the tiniest fragment of something that might someday, with a lot of hard work, resemble a story.
goofy

Super-Pooch Risks Life To Save Master
Urban Dogs Magazine
By Jack Russell
laugh

It had been a hard earned victory, but it seemed to be universally agreed that if Lois Lane would jump in front of Clark Kent to save him from being shot, he must not be Superman. After all, she would know the truth.
Actually, it just means that he’s in biiiig doo-doo now once she finds out the truth. Also, they could have orchestrated that days ago and saved themselves lots of trouble.

Everyone seemed to universally believe that he wouldn’t have let Lois get shot if he was able to prevent it.
Hmm… evil

They were right, of course, but no one seemed to have realized that since the bullet had moved faster than the speed of sound, he simply had not been able to react in time.
/waits for Nerd Magazine to blow the cover right off/

Today’s copy of the Dirt Digger had tried, of course, to perpetuate the idea that he was Superman - probably for the sake of their own pocketbooks - claiming that Superman should be tarred and feathered for protecting his own secret rather than saving Lois.
The honest media just can’t catch a break, huh? /waits for Goode publications to boast of the new love affair of Lois Lane Kent with Superman. Or are they going to remember the old story and boast it as an “either this or that” story?

The rest... Urban Dogs Magazine had approached him the previous night as he’d been waiting with Perry and his folks for both Lois and Shadow to get out of surgery, offering to pay all of Shadow’s medical bills if he would give them an interview about Shadow.
*G*

“Did you say something about them removing part of my lung?” she asked groggily.
*G*

Shadow might, technically, be his dog, but there was no doubting that he adored Lois. He couldn’t fault the animal his taste in women.
*G*

“Should I be jealous?”

“Of course not. I just...” Her voice trailed off as she seemed to realize that he was kidding, informing him that she was still pretty out of it. It wasn’t like her to miss that obvious a joke.
*G*

So... would she be able to find the information again?
wallbash

Lots of fun! /off to part 13/ And what a *great* number for the final part…

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard